No More Tourist Visas From Penang?

a friend of mine just got refused a tourist visa in penang. they gave him a 2 week visa to go back to Thailand and pick up his stuff then get out. he had been using consecutive tourist visas for 5 years.

he said many farangs were in the same situation.

stev

Edited by stevehaigh

a friend of mine just got refused tourist visa in penang. they gave hime a 2 week visa to go back to Thailand and pick up his stuff then get out. he had been using consecutive tourist visa for 5 years.

he said many farangs were in the same situation.

stev

Yeah-read that on TV about a month ago that they stopped-so confirmed thru hearsay?

How did you read it on TV?

On a side note, you have more chance if you use an agent, such as Jim.

jim confirmed that they are not issuing multi-entry visas anymore.

personally i'll bet they don't issue tourist visas back-to-back anymore at all before long, generally.

Get a new passport.

It does not have to be full or expired. If they ask tell them you are planning a lot of traveling to many countries and don’t want to be in some place without (Your) Embassy when your passport does get full or expires.

Beachcomber.

... and do it BEFORE you try to get a visa. chances are they'll track it all in a database starting oct 1.

this is a great idea, and sidesteps the problems you'd have with your own gov't if you lose too many passports.

Is this true for all triple entry tourist visas? I have a non-immigrant B and it will end next month. I was going to get the triple entry tourist visa to stay on until I figure out where to get my next non-immigrant B visa from.

Can anybody else let me know if they have stopped giving these triple entry tourist visa? Are they at least giving single entry tourist visas?

Would love to hear peoples recent experiences in Penang.

5 years!!!! In all this time he hasn't considered getting a longer term visa?

I think these are the stories that will be hearing a lot more of in the coming weeks and months!

Technically Immigration had 5 years to fix this loop hole then.

Between a rock and a hard place springs to mind.

Please don't keep getting on these peoples back for not having a Visa, Immigration have helped create this problem by leaving this big loop hole open and not informing people sooner of the end of the VOA and hence are probably causing hassle for the staff that have to deal with these folk.