Visa Agents

There are numerous Visa Agents who claim they will supply you with an O Visa then the 1 Year Extension of Stay irrespective if you have had the required money in the bank for 3 months, is this 'legal' ? The fees range from 15000 to 20000 baht. I always thought you had to visit Immigration personally ?

i just got a 1 year multiple entry O for supporting a child, (no marriage). showed current bankbooks, never set foot in consulate in penang, cost to me 8000 baht total. 5000 for visa, 1500 for agent 1500 baht and itinerary for early pick up next day so i could make a 2pm flight.

i need to do border runs but the visa entitles me to 15 months stay with no further applications.

via penang i haven't set foot in a consulate in years,

Edited by HooHaa

whistling.gif There are legal services that can provide all the documents and arrange the details.

They can even accompany you to immigration and a act as an agent for you.

But you will have to do all the signing and provide all the funds yourself.

I am talking about those firms who help you legally by providing all the services for you, but of course, it is in the end your extension and your financial responsibility to have the sufficient funds.

What they cannot do legally is to lend you finds to meet the financial requirements or provide you with fake documents.

I have seen obviously disabled people in wheelchairs at immigration with caretakers who help those disabled people to get an extension legally.

Nothing wrong there.

Edited by IMA_FARANG

jamie2009

The "services" as described by you are all probably illegal.

Their is no means of ensuring any stamps placed in a passport by these Agents are genuine.

The passport holder is 100% responsible for what is in the passport and having forged/fraudulent stamps in a passport is a serous offence.

jamie2009

Their is no means of ensuring any stamps placed in a passport by these Agents are genuine.

The passport holder is 100% responsible for what is in the passport and having forged/fraudulent stamps in a passport is a serous offence.

nzexpat - I am not saying that there is not a risk of 'forged' immigration stamps. However, I am aware that all the 'purchased' retirement extensions I have seen have genuine immigration stamps appended by genuine immigration officials.

As always, caveat emptor.

Edited by Jip99
  • Like 1

jamie2009

nzexpat - I am not saying that there is not a risk of 'forged' immigration stamps. However, I am aware that all the 'purchased' retirement extensions I have seen have genuine immigration stamps appended by genuine immigration officials.

As always, caveat emptor.

Unless the stamps were seen to have been entered by an Immigration Officer and the receipt issued by immigration is available there is no way of "knowing" if a stamp is genuine ...................... Just saying .........................

The most recent "visa" scams, I believe, involved dodgy extensions of stay based on marriage. Yes people were caught with fraudulent stamps in their passports.! smile.png