Outrage as young Aussie attacked in Chaweng gets put behind bars himself

Lite Beer

It appears the father of one of the chinese is a rich dad. If I was Jack I would try to get the best lawyer possible and sue the ass of the whole bunch .... chinese ... cops .... so called witness .... and anyone else that tried to lie ....

If there's one thing I can't stand it's lier's & cheats ......

What's more - if they're orchestrating this from America - find out if it's possible to sue them in the American courts...

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It appears the father of one of the chinese is a rich dad. If I was Jack I would try to get the best lawyer possible and sue the ass of the whole bunch .... chinese ... cops .... so called witness .... and anyone else that tried to lie ....

If there's one thing I can't stand it's lier's & cheats ......

What's more - if they're orchestrating this from America - find out if it's possible to sue them in the American courts...

the sad thing is the only lesson the family will learn from hiring the best lawyer possible is that playing with lawyers is a rich man's (woman's, person's?)game.

What on earth is going on here!!

Looks like the parents of the two accused will pull out all stops to get their kids off the charges.

Just another case of modern parents not taking responsibility for their errant offspring, and teaching them to do the same. Abhorrent, irresponsible, tacky, ruthless, cold, calculating, ugly behavior on the part of small minded people of wealth, with no regard for society, other folks, nor any self respect. Shame on the Samui officials for going along with this ridiculous ploy. Very typically Samui. Lawless. The judges and prosecutors on Samui are famous throughout the world for being seriously compromised. Will the big man address this? I have heard efforts are being made in this regard. Let us hope.

Maybe Cornell University would be interested to know about this, and their fine student, if some of you are Americans and living in the states, maybe you could make them aware.

Just what do you think Cornell would do if they knew one of their students had been accused of something but has not been convicted of anything, will probably be exonerated by the legal authorities in the country where he was accused and where the accuser is the one in jail for instigating things. They have absolutely no grounds to do anything at all.

Basically this student will get away with it unless someone is prepared to stump up more money than his Dad to get him convicted of something.

The sibling/family of Jack started a change.org petition to get the Chinese American siblings banned from their school

https://www.change.org/p/cornell-university-and-purdue-university/u/8337509?lang=en-US

The one who was suppose to attend Purdue University got suspended for one year, while the other who went to Cornell, Cornell refuse to suspend the kid due to the fact that the incident did not happen while he was an enrolled student at the school. You can follow the link above to read more.

I think the story is very one sided, I find it hard to believe that Thai ambulances refuse to treat the victim Jack and just left, he or his group of friends must have done something to the folks who were trying to help them. Ambulances won't just come and leave, they must have assaulted the staff or something to piss them off.

I know for a fact that many of these kids who went to international school abuse drugs heavily once school is out, due to drugs tests that are normally carried out during school terms most avoid drugs as it can get them suspended. This is from first hand knowledge as I witness this myself back when I was in school. Also many of the kids whose parents work at consulates are not afraid of getting arrested or caught because showing their diplomatic ID card automatically stops police dead in their tracks. So there may be some truth to this boy who thinks he is superior causing trouble just like those Chinese Americans with rich daddy.

On the other hand, I've seen it all too much where Americans get in fights in club and bars over the way people looking or dancing with their girls/friend. Back when I was school in the US, its pretty much a nightly occurrence at clubs. I was in an altercation when a stranger pulled my girls hands and I push him away, that stranger head butted me. One good thing about clubs in the US is that bouncers immediately jump right in and throw those people out, many times police are right outside and if fights get bad enough people will be arrested right away too.

Based on the picture of the boy who was beat up, his wounds doesn't look that bad. Description makes it sound worse than it really is. Yes its consistent of being punch hard with broken teeth, but not being pummeled to near death as the description claim. "Gum graph, bone graph" description sounds pretty bad, but its a pretty routine procedure for folks who need dental implants.

With that said, the police are scums and were paid to get the Chinese American let off the hook and return home to safety. Bringing a civil suit goes nowhere as the criminals are in the US, its not as if they will be deported back to Thailand. But best of luck to Jack and his family, the justice system in Thailand failed them and they should not have been treated like that.

Based on the picture of the boy who was beat up, his wounds doesn't look that bad. Description makes it sound worse than it really is. Yes its consistent of being punch hard with broken teeth, but not being pummeled to near death as the description claim. "Gum graph, bone graph" description sounds pretty bad, but its a pretty routine procedure for folks who need dental implants.

He was punched with a glass ashtray.

I have been waiting to see if there were any comments by anyone who was there that night

A fellow I know , claims he was

And that Jack was thrown out of another bar on the same Soi earlier that night for repeatedly 'dry humping' the waitresses

And that he was off his face on something , as were his friends

And that his group were way out of order , and all advised to go home by the management

But they didnt

He says that you only have to look at the debacle outside AFTER the assault to work out how trashed Jack and his group were

The fellow I know witnessed that as well

He says Jack was blacking out and coming to and lashing out at everyone

He even assaulted the paramedics who attended but then left

His female friends were walking around screaming and crying when alls that was needed was for someone to get him into a car ( and , 'yes' , they had a car he says ) and take Jack immediately to hospital

Instead , he claims , they <deleted> around for half an hour planning revenge and carrying on like idiots and NOBODY would have anything to do with them

My informant is clear he didnt see what took place inside the club

Nor is he an advocate of violence

But he says that if Jacks behaviour inside the club was anything like what he and his group exhibited outside , then he was not surprised at all that Jack got into the situation he did

His view is the opposite of most posters here

He claims it was Jack and his crew claiming that Jacks mother was "influential" in Australian diplomatic circles and that he was immune from consequences ( as he was tossed out of the bar earlier in the night )

And that it was Jack who came across as a spoiled and 'priviliged' kid and that he his friends were all carrying on like spoiled idiots

I dont 'know' the facts , but this informant , I have had verified , was there at the time

Im not trying to justify the violence in any way ,nor was he

Just thought that some of the 'pieces' to the story may be informative

( Some assertions I havent checked but readers may be able to verify ; 'Jacks mother works for the Aus Consulate' and ' Jack was eventually driven to hospital by drunken members of the same party as ambulance men refused to do so ' )

Thanks for sharing. This explanation is the most rational and makes the most sense. Much more sense than the endless racist drivel dominating this thread.

After this initial foolish post perhaps you have a better grasp now of the disgraceful events that occurred. That is of course from eye witnesses.

Id love to hear your thoughts on the Koh Tao murders. Please share, i implore you!!!!

I have been waiting to see if there were any comments by anyone who was there that night

And that Jack was thrown out of another bar on the same Soi earlier that night for repeatedly 'dry humping' the waitresses

And that his group were way out of order , and all advised to go home by the management

But they didnt

He says that you only have to look at the debacle outside AFTER the assault to work out how trashed Jack and his group were

His female friends were walking around screaming and crying when alls that was needed was for someone to get him into a car ( and , 'yes' , they had a car he says ) and take Jack immediately to hospital

Instead , he claims , they <deleted> around for half an hour planning revenge and carrying on like idiots and NOBODY would have anything to do with them

But he says that if Jacks behaviour inside the club was anything like what he and his group exhibited outside , then he was not surprised at all that Jack got into the situation he did

He claims it was Jack and his crew claiming that Jacks mother was "influential" in Australian diplomatic circles and that he was immune from consequences ( as he was tossed out of the bar earlier in the night )

And that it was Jack who came across as a spoiled and 'priviliged' kid and that he his friends were all carrying on like spoiled idiots

I dont 'know' the facts , but this informant , I have had verified , was there at the time

( Some assertions I havent checked but readers may be able to verify ; 'Jacks mother works for the Aus Consulate' and ' Jack was eventually driven to hospital by drunken members of the same party as ambulance men refused to do so ' )

As a Brit I am neutral on this, if the Americans went round beating up anyone they wanted too, would they not have form???

Nobody has stated they had committed any other assault or known as badly behaved kids.

Yet your story fits well with the attitude of Thai's on this, and the vague description of the charges as "misdemeanour's" by his kin and saying he is only facing a $50 fine who seem to have total amnesia on the actual charge sheet, maybe dry humping serving wenches is treated as a misdemeanour's in Thailand but in some countries it could well be construed as a sexual assault. $50 is somewhat more than the 100 or 500B fine handed out for minor crimes (misdemeanour's).

But they didnt

As a Brit I am neutral on this, if the Americans went round beating up anyone they wanted too, would they not have form???

Nobody has stated they had committed any other assault or known as badly behaved kids.

Yet your story fits well with the attitude of Thai's on this, and the vague description of the charges as "misdemeanour's" by his kin and saying he is only facing a $50 fine who seem to have total amnesia on the actual charge sheet, maybe dry humping serving wenches is treated as a misdemeanour's in Thailand but in some countries it could well be construed as a sexual assault. $50 is somewhat more than the 100 or 500B fine handed out for minor crimes (misdemeanour's).

$50 Australian is approximately 1,300baht.. So certainly in keeping with a minor crime. No?

But they didnt

Several people have questioned the validity of this recollection. It does not seem to fit in with any of the other witnesses testimony. Previous comments in this section have debunked this version, and I have seen a few people name this witness personally in this thread. He was apparently well known in Samui as a drunkard and willing to say whatever to make some money. It seems he also tried to hit the victim whilst he was knocked out on the ground. Might be a good idea to read more of the comments section beforehand.

Maybe Cornell University would be interested to know about this, and their fine student, if some of you are Americans and living in the states, maybe you could make them aware.

Just what do you think Cornell would do if they knew one of their students had been accused of something but has not been convicted of anything, will probably be exonerated by the legal authorities in the country where he was accused and where the accuser is the one in jail for instigating things. They have absolutely no grounds to do anything at all.

Basically this student will get away with it unless someone is prepared to stump up more money than his Dad to get him convicted of something.

I agree.

Mate are you a surgeon? Didn't think so. I am a doctor and can tell you that reconstructive surgery of this magnitude will take a few years to HEAL. The procedures themselves do not take too long, but there will be many.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

But they didnt

since jack is a farang you can see why this comment from yours doesn't sit well with some of them yet if that was how he acted then hey he got it coming to him.

But they didnt

I hope your informant wasn't paid or my missed is right and I am in the dog house

My misses said that maybe he caused trouble and if people don't go around causing trouble then nothing bad shall happen to you

I have been arguing that he was bullied by some rich people and he was just a young kid in the wrong place at the wrong time

I hope your informant is making most of this up or i shall have to eat my words lol

Luckily my misses is Thai and can't read english well so maybe I shall just keep it hush hush till anything new comes out

why would his informant be paid? Try to think about what you just wrote. You're trying to claim his informant got bribed yet his identity isn't known to you and maybe only known to zaza. HIs informant isn't a witness about to take a stand in a court of law where his testimony would help someone get in or out of jail would it? In that case why should be be bribed?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived