Outrage as young Aussie attacked in Chaweng gets put behind bars himself

Lite Beer

Sorry I do not buy ALL of this, very one sided...

Charged for misdemeanour's, what misdemeanour's???

The fact that the charges were not stated seems to me that facts are being hidden.coffee1.gif

No, not hidden. Just not there.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is news because the victim is now in jail as of yesterday,

on counter charges and treatment intended to intimidate him into a settlement.

It is 'clearly inferable' that super-rich chinese dad of one accused kid

knows his kid is screwed for sure and paid tea money to have charges

and ill treatment meted out, just prior to offering 'a clearly inferior settlement in court'.

Big daddy knows how ready cash can change the wheels of justices directions on a dime.

And he figures do whatever is necessary because his little scion is in DEEP POOP.

It is pretty disgusting through and through.

But not su unusual here...

I know someone killed in a bar scuffle, he hit his head on the bar step,

the two farang kids who were seen by a dozen doing it got off,

because the father of one paid 3 million baht, before the victims son

even knew bribes were a valid tactic. By the time he realized he'd been slow

the kids were out of the country scot free.

Thailand, has the best justice money can buy.

It appears the father of one of the chinese is a rich dad. If I was Jack I would try to get the best lawyer possible and sue the ass of the whole bunch .... chinese ... cops .... so called witness .... and anyone else that tried to lie ....

If there's one thing I can't stand it's lier's & cheats ......

LIars. Somebody got greased big time by the assailant's families. I hope the Jacks can find some nasty lawyers to make life very difficult for the perpetrators and anyone who aided them in this farce including any officials guilty of malfeasance.

Problem is, justice is generally measured by how much money, power and influence you have. Look at the Red Bull scion who killed a Thai policeman with his Ferrari now walking around freely.

Story time....... I was once in a police station in Bkk with a very prominent lawyer. We were there because i'd had a fracas with a local, none of which was my doing, but of course being a "FARANG" it was my fault. The assembled gang of five uniformed potential beneficieries of my hard earned cash, were speculating that i would be doing six months hard time..... The lawyer had previously advised me not to say anything, but just to listen, he'd also asked me if i knew anything about Thai law ? I replied that i'd studied law and that i presumed that Thai law would be a variation of either British or European. His smile was all too revealing, no he said, Thai law is who you know, and how much money you've got......... He the proceeded to inform the assembled five that he'd never seen five buffalos all in one place at one time, this had the effect of grasping their attention, he then produced his telephone, made a call, and had a five minute conversation about next Sundays golf, and that drinks were on him. By this stage i thought that my man had lost the plot and we were going to end up in the nearest Klong courtesy of the BIB. The lawyer the passed his telephone to the more senior looking cop, whether he was a Colonel or a Field Marshall, ( I can never tell), but when he put the phone to his ear, he was in no doubt where he stood, namely up to his knees in DO DO. It was his boss on the other end of the line, and all of a sudden everything was crystal clear, and there had been a major mistake, and that i and my man were to be afforded all assistance in clearing up this mistake and were no longer to be bothered by the BIB.......... Big Wais all round, and an invite to the Field Marshalls daughters wedding......... The law in Thailand...............

This is old news albeit very poorly written. The assault happened over a year ago and the parents of the assailants have done many things to try to get their kids off. They have been named and shamed in the USA and Australia.

Trying to work out why this is news today?

It is news today because.

1. Here we see the very wealthy abusing their power.

2. Here we see the very wealthy thinking that they could do anything to any one, and get away with it.

3. The victim is now beibg charged with a misdemeanor.

4. The very wealthy young men who seriously assaulted thid man are still free.

5. The victim has still to under go years of surgery due to his injuries.

6. The victim was assaulted by two individuals. A very cowardly act!

7. The very wealthy Nobu/Chang family in their arrogance, refuse to pay a fair compensation. Even though that sum of compensation is a very small, and insignificant amount to them.

blink.png The usual parade of jerks who seem to hate everybody abide here. Japs, rich Chinese, corrupt Thais, ad infinitum... Maybe the Aussie boy insulted the 'jap' girl and the unusual response from Chinese students was to protect her? Maybe the Assie (correct spelling) shot off his crock mouth and had a hummingbird arse to back him up? A casual visit to an Aussie bar will show these folks in action. clap2.gifcheesy.gif

maybe, maybe not. If you have followed this affair you would know your 'maybes' are not relevant, he got attacked, plain and simple. The girls testimony has been debunked and she won't take the stand. These 2 animals destroyed this kid's life. Nice emoticons by the way.. What are you, 4?

There are always two sides to every story...

I have been following this case since the event when Jack experienced his beat down...

The Chinese father will use all his power and influence to keep his son from obtaining a criminal record and having to pay for Jack's reconstructive surgeries...

Unfortunately for Jack...money talks...Justice's vision will get blurred...and Jack will likely get no help from the Thais or the Chinese perpetrators...

Very sad indeed...just shows what can happen in the Land of Smiles...

If this report is correct, what concerns me greatly, after the plight of the young guy who copped the flogging, is the message these parents send to their kids...... beat somebody up, and because tbe parents have $$, they can ride roughshod over others in life. It's a terrible way to raise kids.

Kids learn more, and better, if they are compelled to face the consequences of their actions.

There are always two sides to every story...

I have been following this case since the event when Jack experienced his beat down...

The Chinese father will use all his power and influence to keep his son from obtaining a criminal record and having to pay for Jack's reconstructive surgeries...

Unfortunately for Jack...money talks...Justice's vision will get blurred...and Jack will likely get no help from the Thais or the Chinese perpetrators...

Very sad indeed...just shows what can happen in the Land of Smiles...

I fail to see the other side of the story you claim exists. Sounds like Jack is getting buggered no matter what story is told.

It appears the father of one of the chinese is a rich dad. If I was Jack I would try to get the best lawyer possible and sue the ass of the whole bunch .... chinese ... cops .... so called witness .... and anyone else that tried to lie ....

Seems that your spelling has made a liar out of you :-)

No one wants to hear or listen to un-important shit like spelling. You nothing else to moan about, what a bore you would be in a conversation.

I feel sorry for this young man and to imprison him after his horrific injuries caused by these spineless Chinese is an absolute outrage I hope he gets satisfaction in the end lets see some justice done.

blink.png The usual parade of jerks who seem to hate everybody abide here. Japs, rich Chinese, corrupt Thais, ad infinitum... Maybe the Aussie boy insulted the 'jap' girl and the unusual response from Chinese students was to protect her? Maybe the Assie (correct spelling) shot off his crock mouth and had a hummingbird arse to back him up? A casual visit to an Aussie bar will show these folks in action. clap2.gifhttp://static.thaivisa.com/forum//public/

style_emoticons/defaultcheesy.gif

Perhaps you need to visit an 'Assie' bar for an attitude readjustment?

Yours is a seriously infantile response, or maybe

lunacy knows no decency, or limits .

Why is it reported the alleged attackers are Chinese American? Of what decent is the Australian? British Australian? Aboriginal Australian?

Wow! That is really important - NOT!!

And if you're going to be that nitpicking, it is descent not decent!

Why is it reported the alleged attackers are Chinese American? Of what decent is the Australian? British Australian? Aboriginal Australian?

to be more specific? With a name like "Jack Hansen" the Aussie is unlikely to be either aboriginal or Asian-Australian... go with Anglo-Australian, it's a good guess...although not really necessary due to Jack's name and photo...and it's probably the default anyway. Little titbits of information are helpful to the general picture of things.... it's not being racist, just pointing out salient features for a clearer picture that's all.

If you ask for a Leo, but get given a Chang, you're not wrong to notice.

Obviously, it is because the Japanese New Zealander is being discredited for claiming poor Jack pestered her.

Story time....... I was once in a police station in Bkk with a very prominent lawyer. We were there because i'd had a fracas with a local, none of which was my doing, but of course being a "FARANG" it was my fault. The assembled gang of five uniformed potential beneficieries of my hard earned cash, were speculating that i would be doing six months hard time..... The lawyer had previously advised me not to say anything, but just to listen, he'd also asked me if i knew anything about Thai law ? I replied that i'd studied law and that i presumed that Thai law would be a variation of either British or European. His smile was all too revealing, no he said, Thai law is who you know, and how much money you've got......... He the proceeded to inform the assembled five that he'd never seen five buffalos all in one place at one time, this had the effect of grasping their attention, he then produced his telephone, made a call, and had a five minute conversation about next Sundays golf, and that drinks were on him. By this stage i thought that my man had lost the plot and we were going to end up in the nearest Klong courtesy of the BIB. The lawyer the passed his telephone to the more senior looking cop, whether he was a Colonel or a Field Marshall, ( I can never tell), but when he put the phone to his ear, he was in no doubt where he stood, namely up to his knees in DO DO. It was his boss on the other end of the line, and all of a sudden everything was crystal clear, and there had been a major mistake, and that i and my man were to be afforded all assistance in clearing up this mistake and were no longer to be bothered by the BIB.......... Big Wais all round, and an invite to the Field Marshalls daughters wedding......... The law in Thailand...............

Classic! I'd like the name and phone number of that lawyer...just in case I need him some day.

This is old news albeit very poorly written. The assault happened over a year ago and the parents of the assailants have done many things to try to get their kids off. They have been named and shamed in the USA and Australia.

Trying to work out why this is news today?

Its in the news because Jack got arrested yesterday

Why is it that so many people can't be bothered reading the post properly before they put "fingers to keyboard"?

blink.png The usual parade of jerks who seem to hate everybody abide here. Japs, rich Chinese, corrupt Thais, ad infinitum... Maybe the Aussie boy insulted the 'jap' girl and the unusual response from Chinese students was to protect her? Maybe the Assie (correct spelling) shot off his crock mouth and had a hummingbird arse to back him up? A casual visit to an Aussie bar will show these folks in action. clap2.gifcheesy.gif

"The usual parade of jerks who seem to hate everybody abide here."

Pot - kettle - black springs to mind:-

"Maybe the Assie (correct spelling) shot off his crock mouth"

I think you are totally out of order, and can only hope that you step on some rich Chinese American's toes in the near future, and remember what you said in this post. The main facts seem to speak for themselves in this case as you have, in fact already noticed in the first line of your post - rich Chinese, corrupt Thai, and no matter what the young Aussie boy said, it certainly did not warrant the vicious beating that he got from the young rich kids. But, hey, we're in Thailand, and where money is involved - if you have enough of it, you can do ANYTHING and get away with it.

Agreed, but that's the way it is here. To sue the ass off the whole bunch as you put it would need lots of courage, lots of money, lots of time and eyes at the back of your head. Anyone who has been here longer than 3 months knows that Thailand is not governed by rule of law but by influence and money,sad but true.

I don't know whether jerks do play any music instrument, but when they would, for sure you'd have earned yourself the position of drum major by such a post!

By the way, do you hate Aussies in general? Or only this one? No idea in which 69 you got yourself in, but you don't look sabaii to me, at all...

As has been said and as we all well know, no justice will be served by the Thai system, so in a sense it isn't an outrage.

The only justice is that Wang and Chang are likely only going to be further encouraged by their triumph and continue heedlessly through life and eventually they will get what is coming to them. They'd probably do well to spend more time in Thailand and less in America so that they can continue to buy their way out of trouble. But even here I think they will eventually finish what remains of their nine lives. It'd make a good movie plot.

Who here remembers theTennesse Night Club....on Thong-lor,,,?? Where the son of a very powerful man...shot to death a Thai Police Sgt at point blank range........?????????

Money matters....life is for sale.....If u cant hack it.........well u have a Country of Origin.

Does it really matter why it's reported that way,? Why is it so important to you, ? That's the way reporting is done here, The reporters here are not as politicly correct as you would like them to be. BTW, IT should should be reported this way, Because it gives greater exposure to the perpertrators, & how they have managed to escape justice, It also helps to expose the way things are run here. Good luck Jack, In the end it will all come down to who has the most clout, ( MONEY ). !

Archived