Outrage as young Aussie attacked in Chaweng gets put behind bars himself

Lite Beer

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The two Chinese Americans accused of this horrific attack were out on bail - with the condition only urgent travel was allowed. Now they've both gone home and one is at Cornell University (wonder if daddy made a donation to some research or endowment?).

The Kiwi-Jap "witness" seems to have been discredited - no charges for wasting police time, making false charges, trying to pervert the course of justice?

Welcome to justice Thai style. Doesn't matter who did what, whose guilty or innocent, what the truth is. Who has the most money and can spread some around trumps everything!

Keywords "millionaire father"".

Will these boys come back for their trial - like hell. If the trial ever does surface, will Thailand request extradition - like hell. All be swept under the carpet. Usual Thai tactic, fabricate a counter charge, lie and then try to negotiate.

Feel sorry for Jack - his chance of seeing these thugs actually punished is about zero. Maybe he can bring civil actions for damages?

And remember. when this happened Jack's mum appealed to the PM. Who said he would personally ensure justice was served and requested regular updates on the case proceedings and progress.

Another strong message to all - the rich and their offspring are not subject to the law. That's only applicable to police everyone else.

They may not be subject to the "law", but if all the facts are as given.....they may well find themselves subject to another law which was in place a long, long time before "civilized" society existed with its "civilized behaviours"!! Say no more!!

Sorry I do not buy ALL of this, very one sided...

Charged for misdemeanour's, what misdemeanour's???

The fact that the charges were not stated seems to me that facts are being hidden.coffee1.gif

Nope its just the fact of the millionaire father paying these greedy <deleted> a lot of tea money to give him a hard time.

It appears the father of one of the chinese is a rich dad. If I was Jack I would try to get the best lawyer possible and sue the ass of the whole bunch .... chinese ... cops .... so called witness .... and anyone else that tried to lie ....

If there's one thing I can't stand it's lier's & cheats ......

Well meant, but sorry, totally naive in the Thai context.

What is with the Chinese American thing? Is that to be sure nothing is left to the imagination ... like Chang and Wang might be anything else? Wonder if I ever get my name in print it will be as the Irish American who lost the plot?

There are always two sides to every story...

I have been following this case since the event when Jack experienced his beat down...

The Chinese father will use all his power and influence to keep his son from obtaining a criminal record and having to pay for Jack's reconstructive surgeries...

Unfortunately for Jack...money talks...Justice's vision will get blurred...and Jack will likely get no help from the Thais or the Chinese perpetrators...

Very sad indeed...just shows what can happen in the Land of Smiles...

I fail to see the other side of the story you claim exists. Sounds like Jack is getting buggered no matter what story is told.

The other side claims Jack was drunk and belligerent at bar attended by the Chinese...it is claimed that Jack annoyed a female patron who refused his advances...the Chinese guys supposedly came to her rescue and the beat down began...any questions?

There are always two sides to every story...

I have been following this case since the event when Jack experienced his beat down...

The Chinese father will use all his power and influence to keep his son from obtaining a criminal record and having to pay for Jack's reconstructive surgeries...

Unfortunately for Jack...money talks...Justice's vision will get blurred...and Jack will likely get no help from the Thais or the Chinese perpetrators...

Very sad indeed...just shows what can happen in the Land of Smiles...

I fail to see the other side of the story you claim exists. Sounds like Jack is getting buggered no matter what story is told.

The other side claims Jack was drunk and belligerent at bar attended by the Chinese...it is claimed that Jack annoyed a female patron who refused his advances...the Chinese guys supposedly came to her rescue and the beat down began...any questions?

A claim that since been retracted by the female in question. The female who is now out of the country and refusing to give ANY evidence.

Why is it reported the alleged attackers are Chinese American? Of what decent is the Australian? British Australian? Aboriginal Australian?

The question is not why but why not?

And a fairly simple answer. Father is Chinese ( passport etc) as far as I'm aware the boys (thugs) hold dual citizenship.. But I could well be wrong.

blink.png The usual parade of jerks who seem to hate everybody abide here. Japs, rich Chinese, corrupt Thais, ad infinitum... Maybe the Aussie boy insulted the 'jap' girl and the unusual response from Chinese students was to protect her? Maybe the Assie (correct spelling) shot off his crock mouth and had a hummingbird arse to back him up? A casual visit to an Aussie bar will show these folks in action. clap2.gifcheesy.gif

I guess, from the eloquence of your post, your either a troll or a gripper.

Yep, a gripper, not a jerk.

If you don't know what a gripper is go to an Aussie bar and introduce yourself. I'm sure they'll be delighted to explain.

I think you'll find the young lady has withdrawn her "complaint" and refuses to give any evidence. Oddly enough, that story didn't surface till millionaire daddy arrived and started throwing his money (and weight) around.

When the cops found out one of the assailants father was a millionaire I bet they thought they had won the lottery.....God only knows how many palms have been greased to get these two thugs of the hook

And lawyers and judges

I have been waiting to see if there were any comments by anyone who was there that night

A fellow I know , claims he was

And that Jack was thrown out of another bar on the same Soi earlier that night for repeatedly 'dry humping' the waitresses

And that he was off his face on something , as were his friends

And that his group were way out of order , and all advised to go home by the management

But they didnt

He says that you only have to look at the debacle outside AFTER the assault to work out how trashed Jack and his group were

The fellow I know witnessed that as well

He says Jack was blacking out and coming to and lashing out at everyone

He even assaulted the paramedics who attended but then left

His female friends were walking around screaming and crying when alls that was needed was for someone to get him into a car ( and , 'yes' , they had a car he says ) and take Jack immediately to hospital

Instead , he claims , they <deleted> around for half an hour planning revenge and carrying on like idiots and NOBODY would have anything to do with them

My informant is clear he didnt see what took place inside the club

Nor is he an advocate of violence

But he says that if Jacks behaviour inside the club was anything like what he and his group exhibited outside , then he was not surprised at all that Jack got into the situation he did

His view is the opposite of most posters here

He claims it was Jack and his crew claiming that Jacks mother was "influential" in Australian diplomatic circles and that he was immune from consequences ( as he was tossed out of the bar earlier in the night )

And that it was Jack who came across as a spoiled and 'priviliged' kid and that he his friends were all carrying on like spoiled idiots

I dont 'know' the facts , but this informant , I have had verified , was there at the time

Im not trying to justify the violence in any way ,nor was he

Just thought that some of the 'pieces' to the story may be informative

( Some assertions I havent checked but readers may be able to verify ; 'Jacks mother works for the Aus Consulate' and ' Jack was eventually driven to hospital by drunken members of the same party as ambulance men refused to do so ' )

blink.png The usual parade of jerks who seem to hate everybody abide here. Japs, rich Chinese, corrupt Thais, ad infinitum... Maybe the Aussie boy insulted the 'jap' girl and the unusual response from Chinese students was to protect her? Maybe the Assie (correct spelling) shot off his crock mouth and had a hummingbird arse to back him up? A casual visit to an Aussie bar will show these folks in action. clap2.gifcheesy.gif

No just hate bullies no matter how hard or where they are from

Even if he was having an argument with a bird don't think it needed 2 on 1 to that extent

Plus there was CCTV so I don't think this bird was assaulted I think her pockets are more full though because of this

This is old news albeit very poorly written. The assault happened over a year ago and the parents of the assailants have done many things to try to get their kids off. They have been named and shamed in the USA and Australia.

Trying to work out why this is news today?

News because nearly everyone says these sort of criminal cases get swept under the rug and we all wonder what ever happened to this case or that case as we seldom hear about them again.

However, in this case we are now being informed as to how the case is progressing while it is always interesting to learn if the perpetrators of violence get what they deserver...sooner or later ...as later is often the case.

Cheers

No just hate bullies no matter how hard or where they are from

Even if he was having an argument with a bird don't think it needed 2 on 1 to that extent

Plus there was CCTV so I don't think this bird was assaulted I think her pockets are more full though because of this

You think paid off I think maybe frightened off.

I have been waiting to see if there were any comments by anyone who was there that night

And that Jack was thrown out of another bar on the same Soi earlier that night for repeatedly 'dry humping' the waitresses

And that his group were way out of order , and all advised to go home by the management

But they didnt

He says that you only have to look at the debacle outside AFTER the assault to work out how trashed Jack and his group were

His female friends were walking around screaming and crying when alls that was needed was for someone to get him into a car ( and , 'yes' , they had a car he says ) and take Jack immediately to hospital

Instead , he claims , they <deleted> around for half an hour planning revenge and carrying on like idiots and NOBODY would have anything to do with them

But he says that if Jacks behaviour inside the club was anything like what he and his group exhibited outside , then he was not surprised at all that Jack got into the situation he did

He claims it was Jack and his crew claiming that Jacks mother was "influential" in Australian diplomatic circles and that he was immune from consequences ( as he was tossed out of the bar earlier in the night )

And that it was Jack who came across as a spoiled and 'priviliged' kid and that he his friends were all carrying on like spoiled idiots

I dont 'know' the facts , but this informant , I have had verified , was there at the time

( Some assertions I havent checked but readers may be able to verify ; 'Jacks mother works for the Aus Consulate' and ' Jack was eventually driven to hospital by drunken members of the same party as ambulance men refused to do so ' )

Your mate is suggesting Jack was behaving like a thai kid from a connected background. Back in the day a beating with fists was how it was done, now more weapons are being used. we're progressing well.

Maybe Cornell University would be interested to know about this, and their fine student, if some of you are Americans and living in the states, maybe you could make them aware.

Im sure they couldn't give a flying fig as long as they get their fees, money talks everywhere, also not on their campus not their business

It appears the father of one of the chinese is a rich dad. If I was Jack I would try to get the best lawyer possible and sue the ass of the whole bunch .... chinese ... cops .... so called witness .... and anyone else that tried to lie ....

If there's one thing I can't stand it's lier's & cheats ......

Seems that your spelling has made a liar out of you :-)

and a dumb reply by you.

But they didnt

Your mate is suggesting Jack was behaving like a thai kid from a connected background. Back in the day a beating with fists was how it was done, now more weapons are being used. we're progressing well.

Wasn't the victim severely injured by two punches? As the victim is Australian you may be interested to note in Australia 90 have been killed as a result of "one punch" assaults since 2000.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/90-killed-in-singlepunch-assaults-since-2000-20131201-2yjtr.html

But they didnt

I wouldnt doubt that all of what you say here is true especially after seeing drunk aussies in action in thailand myself. Cringeworthy is all ill say.

Youd think if the guy had lived here 15 years already hed have more sense.

Why do these types even go out to socialize is beyond me, since they all seem to like ANTIsocial behaviour so much.

Stay home for f^^^$ sakes and by that I not only mean in your own country but behind doors in your own home if you want to act like a prat

But they didnt

I wouldnt doubt that all of what you say here is true especially after seeing drunk aussies in action in thailand myself. Cringeworthy is all ill say.

Youd think if the guy had lived here 15 years already hed have more sense.

Why do these types even go out to socialize is beyond me, since they all seem to like ANTIsocial behaviour so much.

Stay home for f^^^$ sakes and by that I not only mean in your own country but behind doors in your own home if you want to act like a prat

Maybe his 15 years in Thai is the reason for his behaviour.

This is a typical example of meddling parents with clout.Maybe it would have been better to let sleeping dogs lie.At least jack could have got on with his life,got hospital treatment.

Drugs,booze coming onto a young lady that others took offence to.Indignant parents that could n't let matters rest there.

But they didnt

I also know people in Samui as a resident barkeep. I have also heard this apathetic dribble before, so I know who this is from. Ashley mate, as someone who has played pool with you on many occasions, i know all about your problems with drinking and your love of violence - things I will not elaborate on on this forum. Your story of that lad is rubbish and one of the reasons why you were sacked from the bar in Samui not long after. New bar with your grand opening? Baloney! Sacked you too right mate. Happy to see you leave Samui. Good luck in Phuket and I hope you dont try to bottle another poor lad in the need of your help in the gutter bleeding out. Not gonna miss you one bit mate!

Archived