Outrage as young Aussie attacked in Chaweng gets put behind bars himself

Lite Beer

I have been waiting to see if there were any comments by anyone who was there that night

A fellow I know , claims he was

And that Jack was thrown out of another bar on the same Soi earlier that night for repeatedly 'dry humping' the waitresses

And that he was off his face on something , as were his friends

And that his group were way out of order , and all advised to go home by the management

But they didnt

He says that you only have to look at the debacle outside AFTER the assault to work out how trashed Jack and his group were

The fellow I know witnessed that as well

He says Jack was blacking out and coming to and lashing out at everyone

He even assaulted the paramedics who attended but then left

His female friends were walking around screaming and crying when alls that was needed was for someone to get him into a car ( and , 'yes' , they had a car he says ) and take Jack immediately to hospital

Instead , he claims , they <deleted> around for half an hour planning revenge and carrying on like idiots and NOBODY would have anything to do with them

My informant is clear he didnt see what took place inside the club

Nor is he an advocate of violence

But he says that if Jacks behaviour inside the club was anything like what he and his group exhibited outside , then he was not surprised at all that Jack got into the situation he did

His view is the opposite of most posters here

He claims it was Jack and his crew claiming that Jacks mother was "influential" in Australian diplomatic circles and that he was immune from consequences ( as he was tossed out of the bar earlier in the night )

And that it was Jack who came across as a spoiled and 'priviliged' kid and that he his friends were all carrying on like spoiled idiots

I dont 'know' the facts , but this informant , I have had verified , was there at the time

Im not trying to justify the violence in any way ,nor was he

Just thought that some of the 'pieces' to the story may be informative

( Some assertions I havent checked but readers may be able to verify ; 'Jacks mother works for the Aus Consulate' and ' Jack was eventually driven to hospital by drunken members of the same party as ambulance men refused to do so ' )

Your mate is suggesting Jack was behaving like a thai kid from a connected background. Back in the day a beating with fists was how it was done, now more weapons are being used. we're progressing well.

Wasn't the victim severely injured by two punches? As the victim is Australian you may be interested to note in Australia 90 have been killed as a result of "one punch" assaults since 2000.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/90-killed-in-singlepunch-assaults-since-2000-20131201-2yjtr.html

Just did a search on this case can't find any reference to use of a weapon as I believed was the case.

The deaths from the Coward Punches in Australia as they are now referred to is cause for great concern, I ask what has changed since the 70's? The rise in the use of meth amphetamines or steroids? I'll leave the better informed to answer that.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been waiting to see if there were any comments by anyone who was there that night

And that Jack was thrown out of another bar on the same Soi earlier that night for repeatedly 'dry humping' the waitresses

And that his group were way out of order , and all advised to go home by the management

But they didnt

He says that you only have to look at the debacle outside AFTER the assault to work out how trashed Jack and his group were

His female friends were walking around screaming and crying when alls that was needed was for someone to get him into a car ( and , 'yes' , they had a car he says ) and take Jack immediately to hospital

Instead , he claims , they <deleted> around for half an hour planning revenge and carrying on like idiots and NOBODY would have anything to do with them

But he says that if Jacks behaviour inside the club was anything like what he and his group exhibited outside , then he was not surprised at all that Jack got into the situation he did

He claims it was Jack and his crew claiming that Jacks mother was "influential" in Australian diplomatic circles and that he was immune from consequences ( as he was tossed out of the bar earlier in the night )

And that it was Jack who came across as a spoiled and 'priviliged' kid and that he his friends were all carrying on like spoiled idiots

I dont 'know' the facts , but this informant , I have had verified , was there at the time

( Some assertions I havent checked but readers may be able to verify ; 'Jacks mother works for the Aus Consulate' and ' Jack was eventually driven to hospital by drunken members of the same party as ambulance men refused to do so ' )

I also know people in Samui as a resident barkeep. I have also heard this apathetic dribble before, so I know who this is from. Ashley mate, as someone who has played pool with you on many occasions, i know all about your problems with drinking and your love of violence - things I will not elaborate on on this forum. Your story of that lad is rubbish and one of the reasons why you were sacked from the bar in Samui not long after. New bar with your grand opening? Baloney! Sacked you too right mate. Happy to see you leave Samui. Good luck in Phuket and I hope you dont try to bottle another poor lad in the need of your help in the gutter bleeding out. Not gonna miss you one bit mate!

maybe you ought to have PM'd your reply rather than let it be for all to see?

But they didnt

I also know people in Samui as a resident barkeep. I have also heard this apathetic dribble before, so I know who this is from. Ashley mate, as someone who has played pool with you on many occasions, i know all about your problems with drinking and your love of violence - things I will not elaborate on on this forum. Your story of that lad is rubbish and one of the reasons why you were sacked from the bar in Samui not long after. New bar with your grand opening? Baloney! Sacked you too right mate. Happy to see you leave Samui. Good luck in Phuket and I hope you dont try to bottle another poor lad in the need of your help in the gutter bleeding out. Not gonna miss you one bit mate!

maybe you ought to have PM'd your reply rather than let it be for all to see?

And let him continue to talk <deleted> on a public forum? To trash a kid with lies. No, better to let everyone know that it's utter nonsense.

The case should be more simple that all words written here.

In normal law respecting country everything is based on facts.

If whole incident was recorded on video then it is a best prove to see the guilty of physical harm done to others.

It should be not a any other serious facts involved except the one that no under any circumstances anyone can harm physically even if he/she feel abused verbally (if there was a case in first event)

1.Who has a right to harm other and even get a bail in a fact of CCTV footage.?

2.How it could be possible not to use full strength of the law in country where law is respected (if) ?

Where is real guilt ?...

Guilty are Thailand law "performers"

If Thailand wants to keep going and have income on tourism then should respect simple law for tourist too and more strict.

By letting go on bail those who created bodily harm to others (it doesn't matter what the cause if not criminal) is just joke and shame.

Thailand should take real responsibility in such cases and to judge crime in most simple matter on their soil .

If this is true and Aussie was treated so badly in jail and being hurt then it is best example of Thai law and officers not to mention human feelings to those who need medical attention even in jail.

No wander they released those who created proven crime by giving them more rights then those who are victims.

It is obvious that in this case who had a money has more rights (and it is not only LOS case).

My Thai g/f was robbed and injured in daylight time going to work and she refused to report it .

She said that if even guilty was found then she has no chance in court because usually thieve has more money for lawyer then she has in first instance.

In second instance thieve receive sentence which mostly will be just little negative loss in his "business"

In last taught she said that definitely she must consider thieve revenge done by his business friends because her ID can be sold just for little money paid.

Simply saying ... this is a "jungle law" and always will be .

If someone thinks that all this "justice "and corruption can be fixed then has very narrow imagination that in country where corruption was the essence of their everyday life could just be done in life of one generation??? gigglem.gif

coffee1.gif

Story time....... I was once in a police station in Bkk with a very prominent lawyer. We were there because i'd had a fracas with a local, none of which was my doing, but of course being a "FARANG" it was my fault. The assembled gang of five uniformed potential beneficieries of my hard earned cash, were speculating that i would be doing six months hard time..... The lawyer had previously advised me not to say anything, but just to listen, he'd also asked me if i knew anything about Thai law ? I replied that i'd studied law and that i presumed that Thai law would be a variation of either British or European. His smile was all too revealing, no he said, Thai law is who you know, and how much money you've got......... He the proceeded to inform the assembled five that he'd never seen five buffalos all in one place at one time, this had the effect of grasping their attention, he then produced his telephone, made a call, and had a five minute conversation about next Sundays golf, and that drinks were on him. By this stage i thought that my man had lost the plot and we were going to end up in the nearest Klong courtesy of the BIB. The lawyer the passed his telephone to the more senior looking cop, whether he was a Colonel or a Field Marshall, ( I can never tell), but when he put the phone to his ear, he was in no doubt where he stood, namely up to his knees in DO DO. It was his boss on the other end of the line, and all of a sudden everything was crystal clear, and there had been a major mistake, and that i and my man were to be afforded all assistance in clearing up this mistake and were no longer to be bothered by the BIB.......... Big Wais all round, and an invite to the Field Marshalls daughters wedding......... The law in Thailand...............

Possibly the greatest work of fiction since the bible, BRAVO!

The two Chinese Americans accused of this horrific attack were out on bail - with the condition only urgent travel was allowed. Now they've both gone home and one is at Cornell University (wonder if daddy made a donation to some research or endowment?).

The Kiwi-Jap "witness" seems to have been discredited - no charges for wasting police time, making false charges, trying to pervert the course of justice?

Welcome to justice Thai style. Doesn't matter who did what, whose guilty or innocent, what the truth is. Who has the most money and can spread some around trumps everything!

Keywords "millionaire father"".

Will these boys come back for their trial - like hell. If the trial ever does surface, will Thailand request extradition - like hell. All be swept under the carpet. Usual Thai tactic, fabricate a counter charge, lie and then try to negotiate.

Feel sorry for Jack - his chance of seeing these thugs actually punished is about zero. Maybe he can bring civil actions for damages?

And remember. when this happened Jack's mum appealed to the PM. Who said he would personally ensure justice was served and requested regular updates on the case proceedings and progress.

Another strong message to all - the rich and their offspring are not subject to the law. That's only applicable to police everyone else.

Id say the offspring of many of these rich families treat everyone like sh*t, they come down to a condo complex by the sea where a friend has a condo, they all drive Mercedes, Porsche BMW etc spend all night on their balconies music blaring couldnt give a damn abut anyone.

I stayed there once and threw a whole 1.5 litre bottle of water at them off my balcony to shut em up at 4 am in the morning, they couldnt see who threw it, it landed right among them with a bang it went very quiet briefly.

Did they shut up??? nope party continued they just called the Police, tossers all spoilt brats, they do the same most weekends.

I think this is off topic, but I'll respond anyway because of both the usual Thai bashing and the number of likes.

I wouldn't tar the Thai people with the behavior of a few. Actually, in eight years here, my worst experience with out of control rich kids who had no regard for anyone else around them was with a group of 8 Australians. Spoilt brats themselves to be sure, but they were tossing money around, so their behavior was OK.

I've had several other less extreme experiences with Australians as well, but I don't go on line bashing rich Australian families.

there are reputable sources of this information as well. there is cctv footage etc, would have to agree with colomo bai, that it would be good if the university new, cornell sun or similar paper. for a serious charge such as equivalent of grievious bodily harm the uni should have said no, but US is as corrupt as Thailand

Why is it reported the alleged attackers are Chinese American? Of what decent is the Australian? British Australian? Aboriginal Australian?

Simple....Any one except English decedent Americians/Australians are not plain Americans/Australians ...The English coined the English names of the initially English governed states and aboriginal cultures were superceded.

I hope and i will put on my facebook and sent this to every open network in the word. PM show you are above being bought out like your less educated officers and especially the police officer who received money from his father to help him in this case. If this is what all people thru out the world can expect
(<deleted> thailand . Makes me sorry i live here! Money talks and the laws forgets there real job!

I hope and i will put on my facebook and sent this to every open network in the word. PM show you are above being bought out like your less educated officers and especially the police officer who received money from his father to help him in this case. If this is what all people thru out the world can expect

(f-ck thailand . Makes me sorry i live here! Money talks and the laws forgets there real job!

A noble gesture Nobb but history is against the concept of the PM giving a hoot. Just ask a couple of burmese guys rotting in the Samui prison, a less than credible murder investigation by the cops got the big thumbs up from Prayut.

But they didnt

I hope your informant wasn't paid or my missed is right and I am in the dog house

My misses said that maybe he caused trouble and if people don't go around causing trouble then nothing bad shall happen to you

I have been arguing that he was bullied by some rich people and he was just a young kid in the wrong place at the wrong time

I hope your informant is making most of this up or i shall have to eat my words lol

Luckily my misses is Thai and can't read english well so maybe I shall just keep it hush hush till anything new comes out

But they didnt

It's very hard to know the truth when this stuff is going on

Both sides blaming the other with conspiracy of whitness being paid

I would like to know if there is a report that the rescue refused to pick him

Up

That would add credibility to the story

Cctv from clubs where he was kicked out

What seems to be a fact is that this is a result of a drunken mess

If he wasn't drunk in green mango then I doubt he would be in green mango

Green mango is like a war zone around 0300 am with broken glass everywhere

People on all sorts ( not the sweats ) Larry larging it up

Cocktails for fights

I still hope he gets out of jail and gets on the mend

Bloody hell if this happened to me at his age I would be dead 20 times over for getting drunk and getting into trouble

Who here remembers theTennesse Night Club....on Thong-lor,,,?? Where the son of a very powerful man...shot to death a Thai Police Sgt at point blank range........?????????

Money matters....life is for sale.....If u cant hack it.........well u have a Country of Origin.

Not many will remember, since that was not the name of the club

This is old news albeit very poorly written. The assault happened over a year ago and the parents of the assailants have done many things to try to get their kids off. They have been named and shamed in the USA and Australia.

Trying to work out why this is news today?

The article says the Aussie boy recently arrested !!!

The parents of the American boys are obviously top tossers

Could only happen in Koh Samui. Hang on, 2 vicious thugs, could it be maybe maybe not.

The two Chinese Americans accused of this horrific attack were out on bail - with the condition only urgent travel was allowed. Now they've both gone home and one is at Cornell University (wonder if daddy made a donation to some research or endowment?).

The Kiwi-Jap "witness" seems to have been discredited - no charges for wasting police time, making false charges, trying to pervert the course of justice?

Welcome to justice Thai style. Doesn't matter who did what, whose guilty or innocent, what the truth is. Who has the most money and can spread some around trumps everything!

Keywords "millionaire father"".

Will these boys come back for their trial - like hell. If the trial ever does surface, will Thailand request extradition - like hell. All be swept under the carpet. Usual Thai tactic, fabricate a counter charge, lie and then try to negotiate.

Feel sorry for Jack - his chance of seeing these thugs actually punished is about zero. Maybe he can bring civil actions for damages?

And remember. when this happened Jack's mum appealed to the PM. Who said he would personally ensure justice was served and requested regular updates on the case proceedings and progress.

Another strong message to all - the rich and their offspring are not subject to the law. That's only applicable to police everyone else.

Maybe Cornell University would be interested to know about this, and their fine student, if some of you are Americans and living in the states, maybe you could make them aware.

Cornell is the center of Thai studies in the United States and at one time had the largest Thai library outside Thailand. Just about every scholar of Thailand in the US either studied at Cornell or studied under or was mentored by someone who was a Cornell grad.

It appears the father of one of the chinese is a rich dad. If I was Jack I would try to get the best lawyer possible and sue the ass of the whole bunch .... chinese ... cops .... so called witness .... and anyone else that tried to lie ....

If there's one thing I can't stand it's lier's & cheats ......

Seems that your spelling has made a liar out of you :-)

You may think you are clever by being in the "spelling Police" but your not !! A really juvenile remark !

Can someone explain this bit to me: "Wang and Chang were caught on CCTV carrying out the vicious and unprovoked attack and were quickly arrested" then "... with no evidence of any attack the charge was only one of misdemeanor."

There was CCTV footage showing these two beating Jack, but there is 'no evidence of any attack'? Huh?

Maybe Cornell University would be interested to know about this, and their fine student, if some of you are Americans and living in the states, maybe you could make them aware.

Just what do you think Cornell would do if they knew one of their students had been accused of something but has not been convicted of anything, will probably be exonerated by the legal authorities in the country where he was accused and where the accuser is the one in jail for instigating things. They have absolutely no grounds to do anything at all.

Basically this student will get away with it unless someone is prepared to stump up more money than his Dad to get him convicted of something.

But they didnt

Thanks for sharing. This explanation is the most rational and makes the most sense. Much more sense than the endless racist drivel dominating this thread.

But they didnt

Thanks for sharing. This explanation is the most rational and makes the most sense. Much more sense than the endless racist drivel dominating this thread.

Please expand. My most sense for what? How or what is rational here?

I know you defense all things Thai, and in many cases i've agreed with you but i'm particularly interested here in what you are trying to justify and/or defend.

Why is it reported the alleged attackers are Chinese American? Of what decent is the Australian? British Australian? Aboriginal Australian?

The question is not why but why not?

And a fairly simple answer. Father is Chinese ( passport etc) as far as I'm aware the boys (thugs) hold dual citizenship.. But I could well be wrong.

Do you know Jack doesn't have dual citizenship? Irish-Aussie, Brit-Aussie, etc? There is simply no need for it. The boys are American, go to school in America.

The question is not why but why not?

And a fairly simple answer. Father is Chinese ( passport etc) as far as I'm aware the boys (thugs) hold dual citizenship.. But I could well be wrong.

Do you know Jack doesn't have dual citizenship? Irish-Aussie, Brit-Aussie, etc? There is simply no need for it. The boys are American, go to school in America.

For many years now, we have been referring to people as Eg; African Americans, Mexican American and Native American now Chinese American. I assume this started in the US as these descriptions don't seem to be used in Australia, I don't hear Asian Australian or Italian Australian, probably on it's way as people like to pay respect to the old country.

I believe it is a respectful acknowledgement of ones origins and of the country their family migrated to, or in some cases the new name of their homeland or a place taken to as slaves.

But they didnt

I hope your informant wasn't paid or my missed is right and I am in the dog house

My misses said that maybe he caused trouble and if people don't go around causing trouble then nothing bad shall happen to you

I have been arguing that he was bullied by some rich people and he was just a young kid in the wrong place at the wrong time

I hope your informant is making most of this up or i shall have to eat my words lol

Luckily my misses is Thai and can't read english well so maybe I shall just keep it hush hush till anything new comes out

I'm a local farang in Samui and I have heard about this story from my Thai girlfriend. I know this 'informer', {name removed} and I know this is total bullshit. I heard that he tried to bludgeon that young man with a bottle that night, because he was making too much of a fuss in the soi. She told me that the boy was passed out on the street while his mates were looking to get him to a hospital or something. {name removed} had a local reputation as a loose cannon, loved his drink and quick to violence. This was apparently the last straw and he was sacked. Went to Lazy Frog next and was sacked soon after. Cannot get a job in Samui to save his life, idiot that he is. Gives us Brits a bad name. Complete tosser.

But they didnt

let us all use such reputable sources for our information, my friend who was there that night. there is cctv of significant amounts of the night in question the female will not be involved again because she was happily dancing with the victim of the attack, it is on cctv, the parents luckily got hold of cctv before the rich kids father could make it dissapear. only it is all now tied up in legal nonsense,

I probably did not make it clear in post above, I have been following this story since it broke, and the one where two burmese escape goats -ha ha- are being had up for the murder of two brits.

the cctv shows the girl lied originally, and rather than ruining her reputation - further?- by trying to challenge the cctv evidence in court she has chosen to not give evidence either for or against the victim.

hence the delaying actions of rich father.

Archived