Cannot afford International Fees for Third child

To add a 20K salary in the UK stretches very far when there are no school fees or the after school lessons.

20k you'll be living a life of poverty in the UK...lYou have lived in the Uk recently then.

You haven't lived in the UK recently then have you. Don't forget in the UK no hospital bills, no school fees. No expensive eating out. No dcoters or dentists ripping you off!!!

Take these 4 big hitters out of your monthly bill and 20K take home pay stretches a long way in the UK

Example

3 bedroom Bungalow = £700 per month

Brand New For Focus = £200 per month

Utilities = £300 per month

My costs are down 50% in comparision to living a western style life in Thailand...

Depends on where in the UK and lifestyle...

I've a tenant who montlhy pays me GBP2,000...

I remember about dentists. When I compare implants prices in the UK 8 years ago against Thailand 2 years ago, UK prices were 4 times more...

I guess to get decent education in the UK you'll have to pay, a lot...

Food shopping is, as well, more expensive in the UK...

Restaurants are much more expensive in the UK as well...

OK, I can say that I just paid GBP500 monthly for my 911... because I put a big deposit upfront!!!

When single in the UK, a decent salary was GBP150K, before tax, minimum.

I can't imagine living in the UK with saying monthly GBP1,000 after taxes.

£2000 a month, where do you live Buckingham Palace.

In the northwest you can get a 3 Bedroom detached house for £700 a month which includes no idiot neighbours, no barking dogs, no chickens...you get the picture...In Thailand regardless how much you pay you cant escape noise.

To add a 20K salary in the UK stretches very far when there are no school fees or the after school lessons.

20k you'll be living a life of poverty in the UK...lYou have lived in the Uk recently then.

You haven't lived in the UK recently then have you. Don't forget in the UK no hospital bills, no school fees. No expensive eating out. No dcoters or dentists ripping you off!!!

Take these 4 big hitters out of your monthly bill and 20K take home pay stretches a long way in the UK

Example

My costs are down 50% in comparision to living a western style life in Thailand...

I remember about dentists. When I compare implants prices in the UK 8 years ago against Thailand 2 years ago, UK prices were 4 times more...

OK, I can say that I just paid GBP500 monthly for my 911... because I put a big deposit upfront!!!

In the northwest you can get a 3 Bedroom detached house for £700 a month which includes no idiot neighbours, no barking dogs, no chickens...you get the picture...In Thailand regardless how much you pay you cant escape noise.

Why are your so agressive? With respect you could go far...

Not Buckingham P. just a 2-bedroom + study detached house in SE England.

And GBP20K before or after tax is low, very low... wherever in the UK...

Get real.

20k you'll be living a life of poverty in the UK...lol

And is he doing better in Thailand where he cannot afford to educate his children?

Put the child in pram and start cruising around Nana and Cowboy.Put a sign around your neck stating your problem,the other 2 kids could collect donations and sell flowers and gum.Walk with a limp, wear dark glasses and play a flute.Remember to limp on the same leg every night,farangs are drunk but they are smart too,they remember stuff like that.If your flute playing is bad enough,you will make enough for your stated purpose.

Example

Why are your so agressive? With respect you could go far...

Not Buckingham P. just a 2-bedroom + study detached house in SE England.

And GBP20K before or after tax is low, very low... wherever in the UK...

Get real.

The 20K is is not my only income have several business as well which take my monies into 60K plus a year.

The point i'm trying to make is with a family you can lead a much better lifestyle in the UK with 20K take home pay that you can in Thailand on an Expat salary. For reference was earning 200K thb a month in Thailand and we managed to spend most of that on Western life style and western schooling

That is my point

Invest in your children with love, time and money in roughly that order. It will come back to you redoubled. My children have been and will be educated in Thailand. For me education is rather more what happens at home than at school. My eldest's graduation in July with a masters degree at a fairly well known place called Oxford will be a time for tears and celebration. Then she starts work and in true Asian tradition has pledged to support her mother. So proud to have such great kids.

So let me understand.

You are considering leaving deserting your first 2 kids that are young and leave them to their mother and her family to decide what to do with them.

You did not consider whether you could afford a 3rd child in advance.

You are thinking of leaving here instead of finding a job or a way to make a living.

I think we have a winner

First I would listen to the music

The 3rd child is only 10 months old that gives you at least 3 years to find a way to save up the money. Even part time teaching at home you can make enough to pay for her education in 3 years.

What does your present wife do maybe she could get a job and you could be a stay at home daddy.

There are many options you just have to get off your butt and figure them out.

desertion is not an option if you are a good parent.

20k you'll be living a life of poverty in the UK...lol

And is he doing better in Thailand where he cannot afford to educate his children?

FYI, l left Thailand cos I couldn't stand the place or the everyday people not because of my kids education

Get a job. You have a few years to save. Prathom starts at 6, right?

Find a cheaper school, maybe? It wouldn't be the end of the world.

What is your budget?

You need more reasons to go back to the UK than education. It isn't everything.

most studies indicate that it all becomes important around the age of 8 - 10 so you've lots of time. they only thing you could possibly miss out on is paying ofr extras at a kindergarten-i mean school or preschool such as expesnive t shirts, unnecesary trips, mixing with wealthy people and spending as much on a child than is necessary. If you child is not yet 5 the best schooling it can get is being shown something about life, you know, like showing it how important it is, love, stable family, quality time to use a cliche, sending them off to a school will only bring up a paris hilton, whatsher face richie or whats ihis face of Kent.

everything is learning when you don't know how to wipe your bum, find your way home etc etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Example

700 a month.Where are you living??? the middle of nowhere!! What about Council Tax????700+200+300+150 council tax x 12 months is equal to 16,200 pounds...That leaves less than 4000 pounds for food, shopping, holidays etc for a family of three?????? What a wonderful life you must have living on 80 pounds a week for food etc and no disposable income!!! I'm on my way to the airport as I speak.It sounds awesome!!!

BIS did have a good reputation up to a few years back,not anymore, take a closer look at Headstart, you may think it's worth the move.

nontabury has taken the words right out of my mouth. BIS' reputation is on the wain whilst Headstart's is on the rise. I know on a professional level a number of staff there and they are excellent teachers and leaders - it's well worth checking out.

• 2 months later...

Troll post. Noone is that stupid.... I love the bit.."living here not working"

No info about your age etc.

Im not sure if the kids are all same mum. Anyway well done son.

Yes people will jump on me. Here is a heads up. Kids cost very little when they are kids. Wait till they are bit older. I can get you bulk discount on iPhone 5 ...copy of course.

Too late for family planning 101

• 2 weeks later...

I just returned to the UK, here are my costs in UK and equivalent in Thailand. Thailand is up £600 to £800 per month on the UK, not bad considering it includes £1,296 school fees.

UK Costs

school
THB 20,000 divorce £370
THB 10,000 child maint £185
THB 39,150 rent £725
THB 2,430 water £45
THB 4,320 electric £80
THB 675 tv license £13
THB - sky £-
THB 1,350 internet £25
THB 4,320 gas £80
THB 6,912 council tax £128
THB 1,193 car tax £22
THB 2,475 insurance £46
THB 1,125 mot £21
THB 11,700 fuel £217
THB 23,400 food £433
THB 23,400 spend £433
THB 152,450 per month £2,823

Thai Costs

THB 70,000 school £1,296
THB 20,000 divorce £370
THB 30,000 rent £556
THB 400 water £7
THB 2,000 electric £37
THB - true vision £-
THB 350 cable tv £6
THB 600 internet £11
THB 20,000 nanny £370
THB 1,000 insurance £19
THB 4,333 fuel £80
THB 17,333 food £321
THB 21,667 spend £401
THB 197,683 per month £3,661

• 4 months later...

I just returned to the UK, here are my costs in UK and equivalent in Thailand. Thailand is up £600 to £800 per month on the UK, not bad considering it includes £1,296 school fees.

UK Costs

school

THB 20,000 divorce £370

THB 39,150 rent £725

THB 2,430 water £45

THB 4,320 electric £80

THB 675 tv license £13

THB - sky £-

THB 1,350 internet £25

THB 4,320 gas £80

THB 1,193 car tax £22

THB 2,475 insurance £46

THB 1,125 mot £21

THB 11,700 fuel £217

THB 23,400 food £433

THB 23,400 spend £433

Thai Costs

THB 70,000 school £1,296

THB 20,000 divorce £370

THB 30,000 rent £556

THB 400 water £7

THB 2,000 electric £37

THB - true vision £-

THB 350 cable tv £6

THB 600 internet £11

THB 20,000 nanny £370

THB 1,000 insurance £19

THB 4,333 fuel £80

THB 17,333 food £321

THB 21,667 spend £401

Interesting, it would seem that the main reason for the extra expenditure in Thailand was the cost of decent education and for the nanny. The education I can understand, but did you really need a nanny,as in the UK you can do without.

UK Costs

school

THB 20,000 divorce £370

THB 39,150 rent £725

THB 2,430 water £45

THB 4,320 electric £80

THB 675 tv license £13

THB - sky £-

THB 1,350 internet £25

THB 4,320 gas £80

THB 1,193 car tax £22

THB 2,475 insurance £46

THB 1,125 mot £21

THB 11,700 fuel £217

THB 23,400 food £433

THB 23,400 spend £433

Thai Costs

THB 70,000 school £1,296

THB 20,000 divorce £370

THB 30,000 rent £556

THB 400 water £7

THB 2,000 electric £37

THB - true vision £-

THB 350 cable tv £6

THB 600 internet £11

THB 20,000 nanny £370

THB 1,000 insurance £19

THB 4,333 fuel £80

THB 17,333 food £321

THB 21,667 spend £401

Interesting, it would seem that the main reason for the extra expenditure in Thailand was the cost of decent education and for the nanny. The education I can understand, but did you really need a nanny,as in the UK you can do without.

THB 2,000 electric

No aircons, no pool. But of course the kids go to BIS (overvalued and overpriced). You are really focused on what is good for your kid's education.

Archived