Indian tourist assaulted for allegedly using fake banknotes

Thaivisa News

Chiang Rai:- An Indian tourist was arrested after he was assaulted by several vendors in Mueang Chiang Rai district late Saturday night. The vendors claimed that the Indian man tried to buy their goods with Bt500 banknotes.

Pol Lt Gen Worayuth Kanthasorn, an inspector on duty of Mueang Chiang Rai police station, was informed of the assault of the tourist at 10 pm Saturday. He was informed that a foreign tourist was being attacked by vendors on the walking street in Chiang Rai downtown.

He dispatched a team of police officers to the scene and found that the tourist, who was later identified only as Suress, 40, had been badly injured and suffered head injuries. He was surrounded by vendors who kept on cursing him.

The vendor claimed the Indian had earlier been seen using fake Bt500 notes to buy goods from several shops on the walking street.

The vendors claimed that the Indian had used fake notes several time earlier so the cheated vendors posted on Facebook to warn other vendors. They described the look of the tourist on their posts so when the Indian appeared came to the walking street Saturday night, he was recognized.

The vendors said the Indian tried to run away and he discarded some 30 fake Bank notes on the roadside before he was captured by the vendors who beat him up.

Suress, who could not speak Thai, denied the charges. Police suspect that he has other accomplices because many fake Bt500 notes have been detected in the Mae Sai border market.

I don't like the beating up. A little roughing up is OK, but blows and kicks to the head and mob justice usually gets out of hand. Better to hold the guy, call the police, try and find out where the bad notes are coming from. Nothing wrong with putting a good scare into the fellow, especially since it sounds like he tried it several times over a day or more, so it seems likely he knew he had fake notes

OK... so... did the police find any fake money on the person of this guy...and/or.... did they find any fake 500 baht bills that he allegedly had discarded along the roadside??? Wouldn't that be kind of an important detail to explain in the news report and/or ask the police?

And, how about the idea of just detaining the Indian guy until the trusty BIB could show up, as opposed to taking the law into their own hands and delivering a beating to the guy?

Or, was this just a good day to beat up a tourist who looked like someone who had been cheating the vendors there before?

Were any of the vendors arrested for selling fake goods?

Fake goods bought with fake money by an Indian fakir. Faking unbelievable.

Of course not, they are thai will the "faker" was a "แขก".

OK... so... did the police find any fake money on the person of this guy...and/or.... did they find any fake 500 baht bills that he allegedly had discarded along the roadside??? Wouldn't that be kind of an important detail to explain in the news report and/or ask the police?

And, how about the idea of just detaining the Indian guy until the trusty BIB could show up, as opposed to taking the law into their own hands and delivering a beating to the guy?

Or, was this just a good day to beat up a tourist who looked like someone who had been cheating the vendors there before?

fake 500bht.notes?none were found THE VENDORS HAD THEM.wai.gif

Not sure why it was necessary to mention that Suress couldn't speak Thai. Of course he couldn't speak Thai, if he is just a tourist or temporary visitor to the country as Thai is not a well known global language. While it would have probably helped him if he could, I don't see the relevance to this case. If few foreigners who reside in Thailand, other than perhaps migrant workers who work for a Thai boss can speak Thai so Suress' lack of Thai speaking ability is hardly going to be a surprise then, is it?

Well done to the Thai vendors.... who cares if he had fake notes or whatever... err... where did he come from..?clap2.gif

As it says in the title, India.

Tomtomtom69,

I believe that Bakseeda was using a rhetoric statement inviting the readers to consider the origin of the fake fakir.

Its a slightly subtle, wry form of humour we like to call sarcasm.

People get shot here over monetary disputes

I don't like the beating up. A little roughing up is OK, but blows and kicks to the head and mob justice usually gets out of hand. Better to hold the guy, call the police, try and find out where the bad notes are coming from. Nothing wrong with putting a good scare into the fellow, especially since it sounds like he tried it several times over a day or more, so it seems likely he knew he had fake notes

\

why not, he will think twice about selecting the markets again. Summary jurisiction has its merits as far as I am concerned. The Police will still have the

opportunity to interrogate him further and after a dose of summary justice, he might be more forthcoming in his admissions!!!

yes ?

The vebdores left without money,

the Indian will use some real notes to bribe out from police,

and everything is fine ?

Do you mean this ??

"The vendors said the Indian tried to run away and he discarded some 30 fake Bank notes on the roadside before he was captured by the vendors who beat him up."

Not sure it can be any more clear than the story indicates. Again it says "he discarded some 30 FAKE Bank notes on the roadside"

You get caught doing this kind of crime where the vendors are not going to get there money back from his previous successful transactions, and

you have to expect a thorough pummeling.

When I bought a couple of items at Big C Extra in Pattaya this morning I noticed the cashier studied my 500 baht very carefully for a long time so I asked why. She couldn't speak English so she asked her colleague on the next till to explain.

The woman who could speak English said there were many copies of 500 baht notes floating about at the moment and she told me to be careful!ohmy.png

If I was a vendor and some smartarse slipped me some dodgy currency ..

And I found out he cheated me and also my co vendor friends,

I would be be putting the slipper in too.

Give the prick something to remember.

A hard education is a lesson well learnt.

"The vendors said the Indian tried to run away and he discarded some 30 fake Bank notes on the roadside before he was captured by the vendors who beat him up."

Who was counting and who has them now? Beware of vendors giving 500bht change whistling.gif

Not sure it can be any more clear than the story indicates. Again it says "he discarded some 30 FAKE Bank notes on the roadside"

No... it's not clear at all...

The article merely says "the vendors said..." Well, what did the police say?

And, as I asked above, if the vendors account was true, was the guy found with any fake bills on his person... and/or, did the police recover any fake bills at the location?

Without the answers to those questions, how can anyone here presume to know whether this guy was guilty or not? Just because "the vendors said" isn't quite enough, since they probably can't really tell one Indian from another very well.

\

why not, he will think twice about selecting the markets again. Summary jurisiction has its merits as far as I am concerned. The Police will still have the

opportunity to interrogate him further and after a dose of summary justice, he might be more forthcoming in his admissions!!!

Passing fake money is a very very long prison sentence, on par with murder almost, he is going to be a very sorry Indian if true,although here it wont really matter if true or not, he is down for the long haul but he should look on the bright side, he will speak fluent Thai if he gets out alive.

Well done to the Thai vendors.... who cares if he had fake notes or whatever... err... where did he come from..?clap2.gif

As it says in the title, India.

Tomtomtom69,

I believe that Bakseeda was using a rhetoric statement inviting the readers to consider the origin of the fake fakir.

Its a slightly subtle, wry form of humour we like to call sarcasm.

Really? More like a not so subtle racist comment!

"he discarded some 30 fake Bank notes on the roadside"

I don't believe they found any fake bank notes, why don't they show picture of the Indian man with the "evidence" on the table in front of him while all the polices in the background was pointing the finger at him?

article said he threw away 30 of the notes. The notes must of been found and I'd expect they had his fingerprints and DNA on them. 500 baht is a big loss for a small market vendor. I don't blame them for kicking the shit out of the guy, he is still alive.

Were any of the vendors arrested for selling fake goods?

Fake goods bought with fake money by an Indian fakir. Faking unbelievable.

After reading about the lost passport pages and the lady with yellow eyes I needed a lift ...........thanks , I am back with a silly smile. A real, one not a <deleted> fake.

Archived