Indian tourist assaulted for allegedly using fake banknotes

Thaivisa News

Well done to the Thai vendors.... who cares if he had fake notes or whatever... err... where did he come from..?clap2.gif

As it says in the title, India.

Tomtomtom69,

I believe that Bakseeda was using a rhetoric statement inviting the readers to consider the origin of the fake fakir.

Its a slightly subtle, wry form of humour we like to call sarcasm.

Really? More like a not so subtle racist comment!

Oh wow so original to come dragging with the waaaaaaacist card.

Violence of this sort is rarely a solution. It is the work of a mindless mob of low level citizens who worship on the alter of the cash God. Little heed was paid to this guy who could have easily been murdered. OK, so he may or may not have been aware of the fake money. You hold him and hope the police are capable of real police work. Beating him to a pulp is not an impressive outcome from this hugely unimpressive crowd of vendors.

article said he threw away 30 of the notes. The notes must of been found and I'd expect they had his fingerprints and DNA on them. 500 baht is a big loss for a small market vendor. I don't blame them for kicking the shit out of the guy, he is still alive.

The counterfeit notes "must have been found" and you "expect they had his fingerprints and DNA on them"???

Congratulations, you must be quite the accomplished psychic... Because, the actual news report here says nothing of the kind about the police finding on the guy or recovering elsewhere any fake bills. So clearly, you've had a psychic vision on this.

Nice to see, meanwhile, that you're also a fan of crowds of Thais "kicking the sh**"" out of one solitary guy who wasn't posing any physical harm to anyone, even IF he was passing fake bills. No need to call the police... Just kill the guy in the street, is that your idea?

Karma, fake money for fake goods, sold to him by a Thai person, so can I beat up some Thai people if they try to sell me something that is fake, and tell me that it is real, did any vendor's get arrested, or is it part of the Thai law and culture, arrest his arse, grab hold off him, detain him or what ever, but assaulting him badly is a bit over the top, were fake notes ever recovered I saw no evidence of that in the police report

Coming from the sue happy Country of the United States (where a story a few years ago boasted about some thieving low-life who broke into someone's house and broke his leg trying to escape, was able to receive damages from a lower court for his injuries - while committing an <deleted> crime), I find it amusing to see that the press reports the administering of an ass whoopin' on a vagrant who was trying to stiff these vendors. Good for them, because he got what he deserved, and then got even more by being arrested for it.

Frankly - I think you should be able to whoop someones ass if you catch them slippin' like that. You might find it offensive, but if things went back to the way they were years ago (without worry of being sued for whoppin' someones ass for being an ass), there would be less of this type of crime. It would never completely eradicate it (because there is always someone stupid enough to do anything), but it would detour a lot of it.

I don't like the beating up. A little roughing up is OK, but blows and kicks to the head and mob justice usually gets out of hand. Better to hold the guy, call the police, try and find out where the bad notes are coming from. Nothing wrong with putting a good scare into the fellow, especially since it sounds like he tried it several times over a day or more, so it seems likely he knew he had fake notes

\

why not, he will think twice about selecting the markets again. Summary jurisiction has its merits as far as I am concerned. The Police will still have the

opportunity to interrogate him further and after a dose of summary justice, he might be more forthcoming in his admissions!!!

Passing fake money is a very very long prison sentence, on par with murder almost, he is going to be a very sorry Indian if true,although here it wont really matter if true or not, he is down for the long haul but he should look on the bright side, he will speak fluent Thai if he gets out alive.

Why not vigilante justice? Because sometimes the person is NOT guilty or the vigilante's trial and sentence and punishment don't fit the crime. Mobs can get out of hand quickly.

I don't like the beating up. A little roughing up is OK, but blows and kicks to the head and mob justice usually gets out of hand. Better to hold the guy, call the police, try and find out where the bad notes are coming from. Nothing wrong with putting a good scare into the fellow, especially since it sounds like he tried it several times over a day or more, so it seems likely he knew he had fake notes

\

why not, he will think twice about selecting the markets again. Summary jurisiction has its merits as far as I am concerned. The Police will still have the

opportunity to interrogate him further and after a dose of summary justice, he might be more forthcoming in his admissions!!!

Passing fake money is a very very long prison sentence, on par with murder almost, he is going to be a very sorry Indian if true,although here it wont really matter if true or not, he is down for the long haul but he should look on the bright side, he will speak fluent Thai if he gets out alive.

Why not vigilante justice? Because sometimes the person is NOT guilty or the vigilante's trial and sentence and punishment don't fit the crime. Mobs can get out of hand quickly.

Most reasonable people (at least in the past decades here in the US) were fair minded when it came to such decisions. I'm not saying that complete anarchy is the way - but I think if you determine that some asshat just ripped you off, you should be able to beat his ass without there being a frivolous lawsuit filed on the scumbag's behalf.

I think theres nothing real in this story , it's a ll a fake. The vendors selling faked goods, the fake money, the fake police . And now we probably can add to the list fake posters from thaivisa . Only the beer is real . cheers.

Well done to the Thai vendors.... who cares if he had fake notes or whatever... err... where did he come from..?clap2.gif

As it says in the title, India.

Tomtomtom69,

I believe that Bakseeda was using a rhetoric statement inviting the readers to consider the origin of the fake fakir.

Its a slightly subtle, wry form of humour we like to call sarcasm.

Subtlety, wry humor, parody, satire, and some other higher brain functions often go unnoticed on this forum.

I think theres nothing real in this story , it's a ll a fake. The vendors selling faked goods, the fake money, the fake police . And now we probably can add to the list fake posters from thaivisa . Only the beer is real . cheers.

Unless you are drinking San Miguel light. I am told it is not even brewed. Fake beer.

I'm not saying that complete anarchy is the way - but I think if you determine that some asshat just ripped you off, you should be able to beat his ass without there being a frivolous lawsuit filed on the scumbag's behalf.

Hmmm.... maybe you have a point here... Let's see how this would go for you in Thailand...

--Your Thai landlord refuses to return your rental security deposit when you move out... No problem, just march on over to his home and beat his ass..

--You're coming home from Suvanabhumi and the Thai taxi driver refuses to use the meter and instead wants to charge you about double the correct fare... Hey, have the driver pull over to the side of the road, and when he stops, beat his ass.

--You go to Thai Immigration and the officer there want to charge you a fee for providing a service that's supposed to have no charge... Easy to fix that, stand up, walk over to the desk and deliver a big time ass beating....

Can you count in minutes just how long it would be before you'd either be thrown in jail or dead?

I'm not saying that complete anarchy is the way - but I think if you determine that some asshat just ripped you off, you should be able to beat his ass without there being a frivolous lawsuit filed on the scumbag's behalf.

Hmmm.... maybe you have a point here... Let's see how this would go for you in Thailand...

--Your Thai landlord refuses to return your rental security deposit when you move out... No problem, just march on over to his home and beat his ass..

--You're coming home from Suvanabhumi and the Thai taxi driver refuses to use the meter and instead wants to charge you about double the correct fare... Hey, have the driver pull over to the side of the road, and when he stops, beat his ass.

--You go to Thai Immigration and the officer there want to charge you a fee for providing a service that's supposed to have no charge... Easy to fix that, stand up, walk over to the desk and deliver a big time ass beating....

Can you count in minutes just how long it would be before you'd either be thrown in jail or dead?

Your point is well taken, but discretion is a must for what I am talking about. None of the situations you are describing are ones I would ever engage in like that (those are just day-to-day realities of being a foreigner in a foreign land). I'm talking about wanton behaviors that just undermine any form of honesty that can be tolerated (such as the story we find ourselves commenting on).

Granted - you would have to know your limits in any given situation. I guess I'm just lucky to have grown up in a different time, when common sense was more than just a catch phrase in some 3rd rate business school's Ethics course.

None of the situations you are describing are ones I would ever engage in like that (those are just day-to-day realities of being a foreigner in a foreign land). I'm talking about wanton behaviors that just undermine any form of honesty that can be tolerated (such as the story we find ourselves commenting on).

Ahhh.... so... you wouldn't want to be a foreigner in a foreign land beating one-on-one on a Thai landlord or taxi driver who's ripped you off for 500 or even 30,000 baht.

But it's fine by you for a group of Thai street vendors to deliver a beating to a single foreigner in a foreign land tourist who they believe was passing fake 500 baht bills?

Quite an odd sense of justice you have...

You can't beat the crap out of someone if you think they did something wrong. That is assault - Wouldn't blame the Indian for filing counter charges against the vendors. That's what any self respecting Thai would do.

Seriously I find it amazing that people actually support the action of these vendors. All you are doing is supporting the principle of mob justice and if that is the case then don't be surprised if one day you find yourself on the wrong end of it. If you do don't complain.

Your point is well taken, but discretion is a must for what I am talking about. None of the situations you are describing are ones I would ever engage in like that (those are just day-to-day realities of being a foreigner in a foreign land). I'm talking about wanton behaviors that just undermine any form of honesty that can be tolerated (such as the story we find ourselves commenting on).

Granted - you would have to know your limits in any given situation. I guess I'm just lucky to have grown up in a different time, when common sense was more than just a catch phrase in some 3rd rate business school's Ethics course.

Do you even realize that you just described something like 87.53% of all official dealings with thai "authority"?

Do you even realize that you just described something like 87.53% of all official dealings with thai "authority"?

No - I didn't, but thanks for the stat.

Were any of the vendors arrested for selling fake goods?

Fake goods bought with fake money by an Indian fakir. Faking unbelievable.

better call Saul ..........

You can't beat the crap out of someone if you think they did something wrong. That is assault - Wouldn't blame the Indian for filing counter charges against the vendors. That's what any self respecting Thai would do.

Seriously I find it amazing that people actually support the action of these vendors. All you are doing is supporting the principle of mob justice and if that is the case then don't be surprised if one day you find yourself on the wrong end of it. If you do don't complain.

You're probably right but this was an Indian , I am sure the posters in here would have been more sympathetic if it was a farang being beaten up by the locals.

None of the situations you are describing are ones I would ever engage in like that (those are just day-to-day realities of being a foreigner in a foreign land). I'm talking about wanton behaviors that just undermine any form of honesty that can be tolerated (such as the story we find ourselves commenting on).

Ahhh.... so... you wouldn't want to be a foreigner in a foreign land beating one-on-one on a Thai landlord or taxi driver who's ripped you off for 500 or even 30,000 baht.

But it's fine by you for a group of Thai street vendors to deliver a beating to a single foreigner in a foreign land tourist who they believe was passing fake 500 baht bills?

Quite an odd sense of justice you have...

A better question for you sir is why would you want to beat your Thai landlord or taxi driver? This is their Country - they can do as they see fit when it comes to commerce. That is a legitimate reason for the courts (if you feel so inclined), but not for frivolous nonsense like some scumbag trying to counterfeit local merchants, and getting his ass kicked for it.

And actually I just have a fair amount of common sense. Not surprising that you take the extreme degree here for what I was saying, but that's typical of most who don't see any value in knowing how to stand up for themselves.

It is hard enough to keep these low life out of any country. This Indian fellow

should be lucky to get out of jail alive! In South America, in a couple of their countries, the

fake money is so rampant that it is in the banks, and they try to pass it off as well to

their tourists. I think Argentina was one of the countries, and not sure what the other is

but it is a very bad situation. The Thailand notes are made very similar to Canadian

paper money, so it is pretty hard to not notice the fake bills.

I am impressed with the Thai currency, and wished the USA would change their money

as quickly as possible to a more modern and harder to counterfeit currency.

A better question for you sir is why would you want to beat your Thai landlord or taxi driver? This is their Country - they can do as they see fit when it comes to commerce. That is a legitimate reason for the courts (if you feel so inclined), but not for frivolous nonsense like some scumbag trying to counterfeit local merchants, and getting his ass kicked for it.

Ahh... so it's OK for Thais to physically assault a foreigner who they believe has cheated them, because it's "their Country -- they can do as they see fit." But it's not OK in your book for a foreigner to do the same to a Thai who has cheated them in commerce like for rentals or transport?

Bottom line is, you're presuming the Indian guy is guilty, merely on the word of some vendors -- not on the decision of any kind of justice system like the police and the criminal courts.

And you're granting a Thai mob the right to hand out punishment for unproven offenses -- when if the guy is really guilty, he ought to be thrown in jail, not beaten in the street.

That's what a civil society does... But obviously, you favor mob justice and street beatings over any form of civil society.

Ahh... so it's OK for Thais to physically assault a foreigner who they believe has cheated them, because it's "their Country -- they can do as they see fit." But it's not OK in your book for a foreigner to do the same to a Thai who has cheated them in commerce like for rentals or transport?

Bottom line is, you're presuming the Indian guy is guilty, merely on the word of some vendors -- not on the decision of any kind of justice system like the police and the criminal courts.

And you're granting a Thai mob the right to hand out punishment for unproven offenses -- when if the guy is really guilty, he ought to be thrown in jail, not beaten in the street.

That's what a civil society does... But obviously, you favor mob justice and street beatings over any form of civil society.

My God - put words in people's mouths much? I have no idea if the Indian guy is guilty or whether it was a Thai mob or not, I just think that if dumbass people got their asses kicked a little more often, for being idiots, there's probably a fair chance there would be fewer idiots.

At least there were years ago...Before everyone lost their minds and starting calling evil good and good evil.

...where did he get them from....

...currency exchange....

...would like to hear more...and have some actual proof...

Agree ... Its not unusual to get fake notes when changing Money - even in Thai Banks but guess this Indian had too many notes for it to be called a coincidence

Archived