Yellow House Book --Korat

Lefty

Are you married?? In that case take you wife with you to your local amphue, and ask them what they demand in order to issue a yellow Tabien Baan for you.....

Than start to collects these documents, it is VERY easy and to pay an expensive laywer is absolutalely way to expensive......

Here in Chaiyaphum i.e. they demand from me;

I received a checklist from the official to provide:

1" size color photo,

Photocopy of my Passport picture page translated,

copy of last Visa and corresponding extensions,

birth certificate with mothers and fathers name on it.

copy of Wife's tabien baan,

copy of Marriage Certificate,

copy of wife's ID,

wife

1 Thai National as a witness who knows me,

copy ID witness,

copy tabien baan witness.

The Thai spelling of your name in the translated passport page

has to be the same as the spelling of your name on your marriage certificate,

so take a copy of that with you when you go for translation.

Note: These requirements differ from each District Office.

The whole thing took about 2 weeks from conception to finish

Good luck

Glegolo

Sounds a lot like what I had to do for the Korat office but I also had to get something from the Embassy in Bangkok and then have that stamped at the ministry of foreign affairs (don't remember what). Having said that I have heard of people getting a yellow book by knowing people or even money changing hands but if you don't know someone then believe me, it's a pain.

Why do you want it exactly.....I ask that because I tried to use mine when I did my extension at immigration last year and they didn't want to know, so as far as I know it is only any good when you want to register a vehicle in your name.

Mine just stays in the safe....waste of time and a lot of money, getting it and I certainly wouldnt bother again.

Anyway if you are going to get one then my wife dealt with all my paperwork, she works freelance as an interpreter and translator and is excellent at dealing with government establishments and is available for all those type of jobs.

Just something to keep at the back of your mind in case.....

HL

birth certificate with mothers and fathers name on it.

Also translated, preferably their nationality is also on the document (otherwise you might end up having parents with "undefined" nationality in the yellow housebook)

As stated: requirements vary from Amphoe to Amphoe.

Went with my wife and did not need a witness (not married to Thai likely req. witness).

Also no copies of the visa stuff, but a special letter for the purpose from immigration.

All ready within less than two hours or so, left with the housebook.

For better understanding see this description of YB entries:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/681733-yellow-book-the-chicken-or-the-egg/#entry7044394

KhunBENQ I am married to a Thai and we had to take two witnesses when I did mine at Korat land office.

It all depends on who you see and what side of the bed they got out of as with everything here....lol

By the way the witnesses had to be official people as well so we took a lawyer and a neighbor who works for a different government office.

HL

I also had to provide the names of my parents in Thai script.

Sure, it all can be understood if you look at the entries in the book.

KhunBENQ I am married to a Thai and we had to take two witnesses when I did mine at Korat land office.

It all depends on who you see and what side of the bed they got out of as with everything here....lol

By the way the witnesses had to be official people as well so we took a lawyer and a neighbor who works for a different government office.

HL

Indeed just another proof of the inconsistent administration in this country.

I can call myself lucky, we have a small sleepy amphoe office and I myself was surprised how easy it was.

All done in two visits/two days.

First visit just to explore/ask for the requirements, then rushing to an interpreter, next day all done.

HL

Land office? Isn't it done at your local district administration office?

HL

Land office? Isn't it done at your local district administration office?

My mistake, yes it was the district office next to the main water board office opposite the Siri Hotel.

HL

Archived