Three farang girls seen high on laughing gas on Koh Phi Phi

Thaivisa News

Krabi:- Three young farang women have been caught on camera apparently high on laughing gas on Koh Phi Phi.

Their pictures have been widely shared on Facebook and other social network, several news website reported Tuesday.

Some photos on Daily News showed the three women inhaling gas from three pink balloons while they were lying on footpath. Another photo showed two of them raising their hands and flashing victor signs while their friend in the middle was still inhaling the gas.

Manager Online said the three women were lying on a sidewalk of a road in the beer bar area on Koh Phi Phi.

post-87022-0-12688000-1433861417_thumb.j

[Photo credit: Daily News]

Their photos led to criticisms of the law enforcers on the island for having done nothing to prevent certain shops from selling the laughing gas or nitrous oxide to tourists. The online social networkers said the photos of tourists high on the laughing gas had affected the image of Phi Phi that is popular for its natural beauty.

Daily News said it had dispatched a reporter to talk to some entertainment venue operators. Daily News said an entertainment venue operator told the reporter that the laughing gas has become a hit among foreign tourists. The operator said western tourists always asked for the laughing gas, prompting many shops, especially those owned by farang, to provide it.

Daily News said the gas has been widely available on the island.

Krabi chief public health officer Doctor Panas Sophongpong said it has yet to be investigated where the gas originated from.

While several Facebook users crtiicized police for doing nothing, several others pointed out that police could do nothing because the gas has not been officially listed as a kind of narcotics.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bless their little hearts.

on phangan, its the police that sell it and the army collecting cash at the door.

--------------------------------------------

As Chuck Berry once said, "That's your future Parliament singing out there."

Do a Yooutube search on the song ,"My Ding a Ling".

Look at Facebook of some Thai teenagers, especially from poor families, doing met, driving drunken, selling sex ...

parents see, teachers see, their friends see ... no one cares.

What interest me more is that I've seen here in Thailand many times farang, all-female groups drinking in night clubs, parting on beach ... July-September, Christmas, beginning of the year. Obviously drunken, *high* and almost naked. Young individuals, 20 years old, students.

Who pay for that, their parents, or do they have some extra money from last summer job?

Guys and nightlife in Thailand, ok ... but girls? I mean ... What's gonna be next?

Daily News said an entertainment venue operator told the reporter that the laughing gas has become a hit among foreign tourists. The operator said western tourists always asked for the laughing gas, prompting many shops, especially those owned by farang, to provide it.

Fun police are definitely out in force on this one. As others have said the buckets of turps they have been drinking was probably more of a contributing factor (and far more detrimental to their health). You've got 3 young girls in their prime "partying" years having a bit of a tear up. Are the being a little stupid and irresponsible... probably. Are they bringing Phi Phi island into disrepute IMHO hardly... are the evil farang the ones are dispensing the majority of the nitrous... not bloody likely. Now most of you old farts will be tsk tsking and calling for their heads but these islands have been promoted as party destinations since Adam was a boy. If the junta wants to stop this sort of behaviour then they need to start with the closing down of every bar in Thailand. Maybe start with the ones where mushrooms and ganja and extasy are so readily available thumbsup.gif hmmmm or maybe some people would be missing out on too many brown envelopes

It may be legal but it's stupid. A lot of people die from that. I think it excludes oxygen from the system.

People died because they used masks directly connected to the nitrous tanks same as the dentist uses, but unsupervised ... this caused some deaths, using a baloon makes it much safer. .... this lovely island's "image" has been tarnished by Thai greed, not laughing gas.

Really! This is actually news? What has happened to ThaiVisa lately?, its just full of the most frivolous, un-news worthy articles.

Thailand really should be congratulated and be jumping for joy if a couple of girls on laughing gas is the most serious issue of the day.

Utter nonsense whose only purpose is bigoted finger pointing to buff someones rather dented and battered ego and misdirect attention from the issues that really matter here.

Ah! Farangs again. And they complain when something bad happens yet waiting there and misbehaving in public. Really wonder what type of parents these things have.

I was born 1951 and I "clearly" remember the 60;ies....... Have many of you old guys already forgotton.. For God sake... lighten up and remember the good old times that we ourself participated in so many times and oh so hard!!!!

Oh I miss those times..

Glegolo

It may be legal but it's stupid. A lot of people die from that. I think it excludes oxygen from the system.

If you're going to make comments then at least use facts instead of fiction. It's extremely rare than someone dies from nitrous oxide, and only then when they leave the gas mask on for a very long time. There's no way a balloon of NO is going to kill anyone ... ever. Millions of dental patients use it safely every day all over the world.

Look at Facebook of some Thai teenagers, especially from poor families, doing met, driving drunken, selling sex ...

What interest me more is that I've seen here in Thailand many times farang, all-female groups drinking in night clubs, parting on beach ... July-September, Christmas, beginning of the year. Obviously drunken, *high* and almost naked. Young individuals, 20 years old, students.

Who pay for that, their parents, or do they have some extra money from last summer job?

Guys and nightlife in Thailand, ok ... but girls? I mean ... What's gonna be next?

What do you mean, that girls shouldn't have fun? What's gonna be next; more girls, I should imagine; they're not hurting other people or forcing others to do as they do - good luck to them - get over it - sometimes girls just wanna have fun!

Anyone can buy nitrous oxide canisters in any corner store throughout Thailand. It's completely legal.

What a farang-bashing beat up to distract from the real issues that ``affect the image of Phi Phi,'' like the illegal use of deadly insecticide to kill bed bugs that led to the death of the two Canadian sisters at a hotel on the island a few years ago. No follow up on that.

The greater joke here is describing Phi Phi as a place of natural beauty. Those islands, especially the main one, is tired and worn by an over abundance of visitors and shops. Commerce ruins many places and this is a prime example of this.

It is part of the yobo culture, very prevalent in the UK, lack of manners, lack of refinement, lack of intelligence but very PC.

Archived