Three farang girls seen high on laughing gas on Koh Phi Phi

Thaivisa News

Hang them, stone them, how could the girls have been so devious. On top of that they are dressed to sexy, so rape is also no problem in Thailand.

OMG, I wish the social media in Thailand would get a F>>>>>> life and focus on important stuff.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"The operator said western tourists always asked for the laughing gas, prompting many shops, especially those owned by farang, to provide it"

Yep let's blame it on the farang shopowners - in fact they were just faster than Somchai to profit on this one.

But again is this really news? Young people being drunk or high happens everyday here - as other are saying, it would be more newsworthy to dig into the harder drug abuse than simple - and legal - laughing gas.

Let them do what they want, Thailand is disney world, right? Just don;t want to hear complaints when they get assaulted while stupidly being under the influence.

lying on the floor getting high in public, they must be British, help, i've been raped, my life is ruined......shut up, you never had one.

Another example of social media users jumping to conclusions. There's nothing proving they were inhaling nitrous, It could be helium. I thought the junta was discouraging Thai netizens from making false reports on social media.

How about teaching some farang girls manners and a little decorum

It may be legal but it's stupid. A lot of people die from that. I think it excludes oxygen from the system.

Being stupid is not a crime.

With a nation awashed with human trafficking, drugs, and loss of civil liberties, maybe there should be more laughing gas available nationwide.

"Krabi chief public health officer Doctor Panas Sophongpong said it has yet to be investigated where the gas originated from."

NH4NO3 (s) → 2 H2O (g) + N2O (g)

Carefully heat ammonium nitrate(very common fertilizer), it will decompose into Nitrous oxide and water vapor.

Careful with the fertilizer, it can explode......

Ah! Farangs again. And they complain when something bad happens yet waiting there and misbehaving in public. Really wonder what type of parents these things have.

I was born 1951 and I "clearly" remember the 60;ies....... Have many of you old guys already forgotton.. For God sake... lighten up and remember the good old times that we ourself participated in so many times and oh so hard!!!!

Oh I miss those times..

Glegolo

Same here. When I was a teenager, I would inhale this stuff while high on acid, "To go where no man has gone before" I am not recommending this , mind you. However, I will not get onto a pompous high horse and condemn others for having a bit of fun, even though I've been in recovery for 24 years now.

Another example of social media users jumping to conclusions. There's nothing proving they were inhaling nitrous, It could be helium. I thought the junta was discouraging Thai netizens from making false reports on social media.

How about teaching some farang girls manners and a little decorum

So its only foreign girls that have no manners or decorum. Sounds to me like you have been rejected by a few too many western girls and are nothing but bitter. Maybe that's why you came to Thailand?

Manners (or in this instance lack of as you suggest) has nothing to do with either gender or ethnic background.

The buckets of booooooooze is a far more pernicious social ailment.

And the actions of locals taking advantage of any and all farangs for profit

does more to bring the image if Thailand into disrepute than a few girls out on a piss up.

Look at Facebook of some Thai teenagers, especially from poor families, doing met, driving drunken, selling sex ...

parents see, teachers see, their friends see ... no one cares.

What interest me more is that I've seen here in Thailand many times farang, all-female groups drinking in night clubs, parting on beach ... July-September, Christmas, beginning of the year. Obviously drunken, *high* and almost naked. Young individuals, 20 years old, students.

Who pay for that, their parents, or do they have some extra money from last summer job?

Guys and nightlife in Thailand, ok ... but girls? I mean ... What's gonna be next?

What do you mean, that girls shouldn't have fun? What's gonna be next; more girls, I should imagine; they're not hurting other people or forcing others to do as they do - good luck to them - get over it - sometimes girls just wanna have fun!

I glad you think laying on the floor incapable is fun?

Let them do what they want, Thailand is disney world, right? Just don;t want to hear complaints when they get assaulted while stupidly being under the influence.

You don't want to hear complaints about assault? I'll bet you're the one that told the rape victim it was her fault she got raped because she wore a short skirt.

It may be legal but it's stupid. A lot of people die from that. I think it excludes oxygen from the system.

And destroys plenty of grey brain cells, but so does alcohol. They should tax it and make it legal in the Land Of Laughter. Aeeh Smiles. 5555555555555

Can you imagine the "good general?" being on this gas in his daily speeches? The whole nation would start laughing their butts off.

Now please stop your Thai bashing posts, please. The new name for the island will therefore be Ko Hi Hi cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Laughing gas is not addictive, not physically harmful, has a short life span and is, in general, harmless. It just makes a person laugh.

So who is creating the issue and WHY are they doing it?

Why the fk doesn't TAT use the word farang when trying to attract tourists? Because they know it is a disrespectful term And so does the oped of this article.

From Into Asia website ... "Farang is basically a neutral word, but people who respect you (or who should respect you) will not use it - if you hear a work colleague, for example, refer to you as farang they probably mean it as an insult while a taxi driver or market vendor doing the same is unlikely to mean any offense at all."

Reflection: I am sure Thai readers get tired and insulted by Thai bashing BUT ... I think most of the Thai bashers on TM don't live here. Some people have nothing to do but troll this and other sites and post hateful things.

We have a saying in English and I am sure there is a similar saying in Thai ... "Don't bite the hand that feeds you."

Got any stats on that?

IMO as long as it's Nitrous oxide it's probably safe and it would be hard to die from it. The high you get lasts very little time. Nitrous oxide is used for women in labour and they suck on it for a long time with no ill effects.

However, if it's straight nitrous with no added oxygen, that might be dangerous if used for a long time. A small balloon full is unlikely, IMO, to be lethal. When I was younger, I went to a party where we were sucking on helium, and no one died or got sick

I see the usual sensible comments and then the crass ones.

Laughing gas may be a legal substance but as at least one person has pointed out, it's stupid to risk your life by inhaling it.

The parents of these people who may have to pick up the pieces one day might say that little Pippa overdosed on laughing gas or something worse. The reality is that they would not have overdosed on anything because there is no dosage for such idiocy.

Anaesthetists study for over a decade to be allowed to be in charge of stuff like that and here's three little girls lying on the pavement just asking for trouble. Send them home now for their own good.

I see the usual sensible comments and then the crass ones.

Laughing gas may be a legal substance but as at least one person has pointed out, it's stupid to risk your life by inhaling it.

The parents of these people who may have to pick up the pieces one day might say that little Pippa overdosed on laughing gas or something worse. The reality is that they would not have overdosed on anything because there is no dosage for such idiocy.

Anaesthetists study for over a decade to be allowed to be in charge of stuff like that and here's three little girls lying on the pavement just asking for trouble. Send them home now for their own good.

Anesthetists may study for a long time but I can assure you that not very much time is spent on nitrous oxide! You are NOT risking your life much by inhaling it. You risk your life much more by crossing the street or driving home. Have a clue and get a life!

Laughing gas can be dangerois to your brain, but so can alcohol, these girls are having fun , but for how long ? And in Thailand they will attract the wrong type of locals and we all know what that means.

Archived