Procedure And Paperwork Needed For Marriage Visa

One year ago in Penang all I needed was:

1) Marriage certificate (mine was translated and certified by MoFA as we were married in the US)

2) My Passport

3) Passport Photo

4) Copy of wife’s ID card

But who knows what's required now?

kvec posted on another thread that he's been in touch with the NJ Books agent in Penang, maybe he can tell you what NJ Books told him?

Best of luck.

A letter of support from your wife may be needed in some places.

Something to the effect of: Dear Somchai, as you are my husband, plaese come and live with me and my family in Thailand.

Sincerely Somying

Written in Thai will be better though.

A bank statement showing 400,000 baht maybe asked for.

Never in my experience.

Do you have a link to where this is specified ?

totster :o

The only time needed is when you convert a Tourist visa to a Non Imm O in Bangkok, they wi8ll ask on initial application.

Never in my experience.

The only time needed is when you convert a Tourist visa to a Non Imm O in Bangkok, they wi8ll ask on initial application.

I would like to know whether i have to show the 400,000 baht financial statement to the Thai Consular @ Penang or not. What if i have no any money to show?

Never in my experience.

I would like to know whether i have to show the 400,000 baht financial statement to the Thai Consular @ Penang or not. What if i have no any money to show?

When i spoke a few months ago to NJ books they said not needed at Penang.

Never in my experience.

When i spoke a few months ago to NJ books they said not needed at Penang.

Last month NJ book centre asked me for a bank statement - and mentioned 400,000 Baht. I don't know if it was just his idea or a requirement, that's why I underlined the maybe.

Just been on to Penang and Kl embassies, Penang still do multi entry but require 400.00 in the bank said i didn't have that and he said it was then up to their discression, just said it would be better if i had it. Kl still do multi entry but do not require bank details

So it implies that going to apply the multiple entries @ KL is better than Penang, rite? Because @ KL, we have not to show 400,000 in our bank acc, rite? The problem is my husband would like to apply non immigrant visa type O but we don't have money to show.

The 400,000 question in Penang seems to be in a terribly grey area. A friend that did his visa run a week after mine wasn’t asked, and didn’t have it…. He got his non ‘O’ with no problem, so its seems to depend on what sort of day the immigration officer is having :o

Edited by geoffphuket

I originally extended from a 1 year multi non imm B to a Thai wife visa in Bangkok 3 years ago and had to show the following items -

Marriage certicate

Bank balance 400,000Baht (show both bank book and written statement in letter from my bank)

All pages copied from bank book to show recent transactions

Work permit

Letter from employer stating postion and salary

Current tax receipts from employer

Address and photos showing obvious coinhabitance with my wife

Wifes ID card

Wifes families house registration document

Each subsequent year when I have extended the Thai wife visa we have shown the same documentation minus the photos.

I initially get stamped 1 month under consideration and then return on the said date (well a few days prior) to collect the 1 year Thai wife stamp in my passport.

The reason I return a few days prior is to make sure I can then get my work permit extended at the labour deparment (it is extended in parallel with whatever date is in my passport) before it runs past its expiry date.

I hope this info helps.

The 400,000 question in Penang seems to be in a terribly grey area. A friend that did his visa run a week after mine wasn’t asked, and didn’t have it…. He got his non ‘O’ with no problem, so its seems to depend on what sort of day the immigration officer is having :o

I have had two non "O" visas, both issued in Penang, and each time have been asked for

1. My Passport. 2. Two photographs. 3. print of bank statement...[which showed a deficit] 4. 500 Ringat.....and have had no problems....so far.

Shall soon be going to immigration to change it to a marriage visa..and am anticipating no problems..but am keeping all fingers crossed.

Yes, ...but 21 days before your Tourist visa has experied. I did it this year :o .

I just got back from Penang Tuesday and was NOT asked to show funds. All i needed was my passport with copys, copy marriage cert, signed copy wife ID, the form from the gate and 200 Ringit fee for a non 'O' 90 day.

I did this on my own without an agent.

Cheers

Never in my experience.

I just got back from Penang Tuesday and was NOT asked to show funds. All i needed was my passport with copys, copy marriage cert, signed copy wife ID, the form from the gate and 200 Ringit fee for a non 'O' 90 day.

Cheers

Yes, ...but 21 days before your Tourist visa has experied. I did it this year :o .

Cheers

Did they stamp it "work not permitted"?