Bondcrete or equivalent in Isaan?

ThaiFelix

Has anybody seen Bondcrete for sale in Isaan? Being from Oz I have had a bit of experience with it and its an excellent product. I have heard its available in Bangkok but have been unsuccessful finding it here in Isaan (I am about equal distance from Udon Thani, Kalasin and Khon Kaen). I have a couple of jobs coming up where it would be very handy, such as bonding old concrete/cement to new and using it as a water-sealing admix to concrete in a fish pond construction. If not, does anyone know of an equivalent product and where to purchase? Many thanks in advance.

if you want bondcrete for a smooth consistancy for mortars or rendering just use dishwashing detergent in the mix . Most building sites use it as a substitute and unless you want waterproofing properties it works just as well, You don't need much and you will soon learn what works best for the application you are using it for. Many brickies in Oz will tell you the same thing.

Edited by xen
  • Like 1

if you want bondcrete for a smooth consistancy for mortars or rendering just use dishwashing detergent in the mix . Most building sites use it as a substitute and unless you want waterproofing properties it works just as well, You don't need much and you will soon learn what works best for the application you are using it for. Many brickies in Oz will tell you the same thing.

He is talking about bondcrete for strength not bycol which we use to make it smooth and consistent, adding dishwashing liquid does help but might weaken the mortar strength, big teams use mortar very quick and will not add bycol.

Bondcrete is a excellent product, I would add some when bagging walls.

• Like 1

He is talking about bondcrete for strength not bycol which we use to make it smooth and consistent, adding dishwashing liquid does help but might weaken the mortar strength, big teams use mortar very quick and will not add bycol.

Bondcrete is a excellent product, I would add some when bagging walls.

You are right, Getting confused with all the heat,

Fairly certain that PVC glue diluted with equal amount of water does the same thing as bondcrete.

I mean PVA glue not PVC. Sorry.

Exactly what bondcrete is. Aquadhere glue watered down.

Have you been to "do home" ? Biggest building warehouse shop i have been to. You can find them on the web. The one i went to is next to thai watsadu north of khon kaen.

Yes but I use the one in Udon Thani....very good range. There are so many outlets of this kind in Udon that they are very competitive....surprising the service you get sometimes by mentioning one of the other stores haha

Fairly certain that PVC glue diluted with equal amount of water does the same thing as bondcrete.

Thanks, but not sure that is entirely true. I used to think the same but seem to remember reading that while they are similar, Aquadhere (PVA) glue does not give anywhere near the same results mixed with cement/concrete.. But I could be wrong, wouldnt be the first time, I seem to remember.........

Thanks, but not sure that is entirely true. I used to think the same but seem to remember reading that while they are similar, Aquadhere (PVA) glue does not give anywhere near the same results mixed with cement/concrete.. But I could be wrong, wouldnt be the first time, I seem to remember.........

I wasn't aware that you mixed it in with the concrete, I thought you painted it on to the old surface.

• Like 2

Yep bondcrete gets painted on the old surface.

Yes it does, but you can add to mortar to make stronger and help it stick when applying bagging to brickwork
  • Like 2

Yep bondcrete gets painted on the old surface.

Yes it does, but you can add to mortar to make stronger and help it stick when applying bagging to brickwork

You can mix it in with the concrete when constructing a water tank or fish pond to make it waterproof. You can also finish same by brushing on two coats of a paint comprised of bondcrete, fine sand and cement (cant remember if you add water or not??). Did a fish pond, as above, a while back and10 years later still no leaks or cracks

• 2 years later...

Fairly easy to see and select which of three brands of acrylic Bondcrete in Buriram. Lanko 751, Crocodile and Dr. FixIt all on the shelf in various sizes.  I certainly have shopped at Do Home and Home Hub for Lanko home building products and it is easy to see which stores offer the lowest price on the same exact brand and size. Building a home in Thailand takes effort to source quality brands and pay a fair price including delivery. I can never figure out rewards points of some Isaan home improvement stores. Seven years of shopping at Thai watsadu and my points bonus did not seem significant. 

Buriram Lanko Crocodile Bondcrete.jpg