Australian teacher in Cambodia jailed in child sex abuse

Jonathan Fairfield

Australian teacher in Cambodia jailed in child sex abuse

PHNOM PENH, Cambodia (AP) — A court in Cambodia's capital sentenced a schoolteacher from Australia to five years in prison on Thursday after finding him guilty of sexually abusing six underage boys.

Judge Kor Vandy said 52-year-old George Moussallie was convicted of two charges, sexual intercourse with a minor under age 15 and indecent acts with a minor under age 15. His alleged victims ranged in age from three to 13 years old.

Moussallie denied the charges.

The group Action Pour Les Enfants, a private organization that campaigns against child sexual exploitation, said Moussallie has lived in Cambodia for about five years. It said the six boys he was charged with abusing testified against him.

It said he was arrested by Cambodian anti-human trafficking and juvenile protection agents in August 2014 as he was leaving his Phnom Penh apartment accompanied by two young boys.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2015-06-12

Not saying this fits this case, but NGOs have been known to frame up innocent men to justify their own existence and keep funds flowing from the West. A visit to Phnom Penh will reveal NGO employees riging around in Land Rovers and other high-end SUVs, and generally living the high life.

Things are not always what they seem, ESPECIALLY in Cambodia.

Just saying.

As much as one despises such people (if guilty)

One does have to consider the police and judicial systems in such places.

How much does it cost to get the police to arrest and find evidence against people.

I would wager, not much.

Like Andrew Clements in Phuket circa 2010 (Int. School teacher who had his life ruined over nothing but a spiteful mother, read up on it people), I certainly would not want such people deciding the rest of my life.

coffee1.gif

Always seems to be teachers and little boys. What profession do the pedos that like little girls get into I wonder?

Regardless of whether we are personally giving thought to a career change, or, simply seeking to aid and abet like minded individuals who are eager for an opportunity to do so ( and I am willing to extend benefit of the doubt in this case, the acerbic nature of this post is intended as a mnemonic device only), speculation of this sort only exacerbates an already egregious and pervasive situation affecting chiefly women and children, of all ages. The inescapable reality is that where there are kids, there will always be individuals seeking to victimize them. That is all anyone needs to keep in mind

To sum it up, predators dedicate more than enough time and attention to the furtherance of their craft and don't need our help. As for the rest of us, we need to protect all kids, at all times, without prejudice. Part of doing that is being mindful that before we pose even a seemingly innocuous question, we need to consider who might be listening to the answers. Even on a hallowed site such as this.Take care, moojar.

Always seems to be teachers and little boys. What profession do the pedos that like little girls get into I wonder?

Regardless of whether we are personally giving thought to a career change, or, simply seeking to aid and abet like minded individuals who are eager for an opportunity to do so ( and I am willing to extend benefit of the doubt in this case, the acerbic nature of this post is intended as a mnemonic device only), speculation of this sort only exacerbates an already egregious and pervasive situation affecting chiefly women and children, of all ages. The inescapable reality is that where there are kids, there will always be individuals seeking to victimize them. That is all anyone needs to keep in mind

To sum it up, predators dedicate more than enough time and attention to the furtherance of their craft and don't need our help. As for the rest of us, we need to protect all kids, at all times, without prejudice. Part of doing that is being mindful that before we pose even a seemingly innocuous question, we need to consider who might be listening to the answers. Even on a hallowed site such as this.Take care, moojar.

You're obviously unfamiliar with the Catholic Church,

coffee1.gif

Must say, I enjoyed DLang's response a lot more.

only 5 years?

It's a shame how easy he can walk away with this...

I'm all for the high em high brigade on cases like this, let him rot or chop his head.

I am sworn to non violence, but you're making a good point in these type cases. Hanging is too good.

W<T<F<<5 years? hang him by the nuts until he drops, then put him in jail for life with Lifers who will make him their Bitch,,,that will sort him out !

Do you say the same about the Canadian teachers just sentenced to 10 yrs in Indonesia, in the massive scandal there?

Did you say the same about Andrew Clements in 2010 when he was charged with such crimes?

Just wondering......

if this guy is indeed guilty, then 5 years, is not enough. However 5 years in an Asian jail

is a very long time!. He will not be fat when he has finished his sentence, and he also

may be missing a nut or two before he gets out as well.

Good luck to him as he will need it, as well as he will need his family support if

he wants to get any kind of decent food, and medical supplies during his time in jail.

Cut his efin balls off with a very blunt t spoon.

Horrible bstard.

You trust the Cambodian judicial system that much, do you?

Must be a newbie.

coffee1.gif

10 yrs here hardly a newbie.

And what says he's innocent?

Money?

IMO where there is smoke.

But that's just my opinion.

Cut his efin balls off with a very blunt t spoon.

Horrible bstard.

You trust the Cambodian judicial system that much, do you?

Must be a newbie.

coffee1.gif

10 yrs here hardly a newbie.

And what says he's innocent?

Money?

IMO where there is smoke.

But that's just my opinion.

Actually there have been a number of cases in Cambodia and Thailand where innocent men have been accused of such crimes either because they pissed someone off, were being extorted, NGO needed to secure funding for themselves, or a combination, and then later proven without a doubt to be innocent. So no, where there is smoke there isn't always fire. Innocent people do get framed for various reasons.

Not saying this fits this case, but NGOs have been known to frame up innocent men to justify their own existence and keep funds flowing from the West. A visit to Phnom Penh will reveal NGO employees riging around in Land Rovers and other high-end SUVs, and generally living the high life.

Just saying.

Utter drivel.

Are you one of his pals?

Just saying.

Utter drivel.

Are you one of his pals?

Typically stupid response. No, I am not his pal. And why are you so predisposed to assume he is guilty? Do you have some as-yet undisclosed inside info about this case? Or are you just a mindless member of the mob?

Look up Somaly Mam. Educate yourself. Maybe actually spend some time in Cambodia before you open your pie-hole...

Again, just saying.

Just saying.

Utter drivel.

Are you one of his pals?

So ngo dont drive around in suv's?

rijit

Archived