Witness required for extension?

I am due to go next week to extend my visa (non o) by 12 months based on marriage.

Having e-mailed my local immigration office to confirm what documents are required, they have told me that I must also bring a witness who can tell them about myself and my husband, and is from a local authority/police/civil servant...We live about 4 hours drive from the immigration office, so finding someone in this kind of position who can take a whole weekday off to come sign some document for us is proving impossible...

Has anyone else been asked for this? Is there any alternative?

Please help, stress levels rising rapidly!

There are a few offices that asks for a witness instead of doing a home visit.

The civil servant can be the village head or one of their assistants. They normally have time to go with you since they don't have a 8 to 5 job. You might have to buy them lunch or perhaps give them a little tea money.

The civil servant can be the village head or one of their assistants. They normally have time to go with you since they don't have a 8 to 5 job. You might have to buy them lunch or perhaps give them a little tea money.

Translation issues with husband, is the Sai-jhun the village headman?

Kảnạn or in Thai กำนัน is, I believe, the word you are looking for ...............
Edited by nzexpat

Kảnạn or in Thai กำนัน is, I believe, the word you are looking for ...............

Kamnan is the sub district (tambon) head.

Is the Pu Shoy Baan (sorry for the guessing of spelling) ok?

"Shoy" does not look good.

I am not a native English speaker, so have problems with phonemic transcription to English.

But why not simply listen:

http://www.clickthai-online.de/cgi-bin/playmp3.pl?238893.mp3

Here you see a phonemic transcription that might fit:

http://www.thai2english.com/dictionary/1375058.htm

(pôo yài bâan, poo yai baan)

Edited by KhunBENQ

schouy/shoy/shoii/schooey something like that :S my thai is still far from good..! but apparently it means helper, which I assume means he is the pu/poo yai baan's assistant... which, I presume (based on above posts) will be fine... But it's rather a long journey (about 4 hours each way) so I would rather be closer to certain than just presuming if anyone can help? :)