'America's most awful airport' to get major make-over

webfact

I try to avoid flying to or transiting in the USA, if only to avoid the nastiness that some of the hubs are. That being said, LGA is getting slammed unfairly. It's basically a domestic airport.. Yes, it can suck, but EWR and JFK are worse. LAX is one of the world's worst. Boston is a basket case where a few cms of snow shut down the airport. Miami is loathsome, and on and on it goes.

And then there are wonderful airports like SFO. An airport with professional customs and immigration and polite airport workers. Even the much maligned DFW is pretty good and offers warm Texas hospitality.

Of the $4billion the Port Authority will spend, I wonder if 10-20% will be lost to corruption. Anything that involves New Jersey is a recipe for theft.

• 2 weeks later...

Does America have a good airport?

Last time I travelled through LAX they didn't have airside connection between international flights, so my entire four hour layover was spent entering and leaving the USA, with entry and exit visa stamp only and hour apart.

American airports just weren't geared up for post 9/11 security, with security checks in corridors and no room to accommodate the queues!

I'm hoping things have improved, but I'll still avoid flights connecting through US airports for the time being.

It's obvious you don't have a clue, lost count of the times flown into LAX. Get a nanny.
Yes I do have a clue actually! I used to work in that line and was trained to IATA standards.

I'm quite well aware of the difficulties faced by airports and airlines, and recognise when the problems are caused by lack of insight and investment.

The European hubs, Heathrow, Paris De Gaulle, Schiphol, Frankfurt compete for the transfer flights and have huge volumes of passengers pass through them every day.

Lax is horrid I agree and SFO gets my vote along with perhaps Dallas for at least trying to make the experience pleasant

U.S. Airports are just miles behind their Asian counterparts in service standard and amenities to make Travelers happy

That might be because they were fully operational when the Chinese were still pulling each around in a rickshaw.

Lax is horrid I agree and SFO gets my vote along with perhaps Dallas for at least trying to make the experience pleasant

U.S. Airports are just miles behind their Asian counterparts in service standard and amenities to make Travelers happy

That might be because they were fully operational when the Chinese were still pulling each around in a rickshaw.

Nope ....that is because they were better planners and can balance security and comfort for users

When was the last time you went to Singapore Incheon or Hong Kong and compared the difference

I was just there 2 days ago in Singapore on a transit ....heaven compared to the any U.S. Airports

And hence Skytrax consistency votes them as no 1.

Archived