ProAuto - Auto Repair Service, Parts & Tire Shop for foreign customers in Chiang Mai

ProAuto

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you have an emergency call-out, out of hours?

Do you do full car inspection for people buying cars?

ProAuto provides service during working hours only. My team can also go to customer's location to provide initial service & pick up/take customer to other location(eg office/department store).

Yes, we can do full check for people buying car.

Do you have an emergency call-out, out of hours?

Do you do full car inspection for people buying cars?

ProAuto provides service during working hours only. My team can also go to customer's location to provide initial service & pick up/take customer to other location(eg office/department store).

Yes, we can do full check for people buying car.

Sounds good thumbsup.gif

100k service done last week by Ton's crew ... and his lovely wife also speaks excellent English so when Ton is out there's no language problem. They also did our Rego check and got our new sticker at no extra cost.

Greetings ProAuto,

Can your company lower late model pickup truck suspension ( Toyota, Ford, Nissan)? If so, by how much before the ride is compromised to an unacceptable level? I'm looking to lower the rear tailgate height by 100mm on a 2wd if possible? A firm ride does not bother me, but I don't want to compromise it into a ride that feels like the leafs/springs/torsion bars have been replaced with rebar.

I can stop by by for a chat tomorrow if it is something you handle.

Thank you/

Greetings ProAuto,

Can your company lower late model pickup truck suspension ( Toyota, Ford, Nissan)? If so, by how much before the ride is compromised to an unacceptable level? I'm looking to lower the rear tailgate height by 100mm on a 2wd if possible? A firm ride does not bother me, but I don't want to compromise it into a ride that feels like the leafs/springs/torsion bars have been replaced with rebar.

I can stop by by for a chat tomorrow if it is something you handle.

Thank you/

Good morning.

One of my staff has experience in lowering/leveling up suspension for trucks. Anyway, we need to take a look at your car first. You can stop by for having discussion.

Regards,

Ton

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, davehowden said:

Good morning ProAuto,

I want to replace the front shocks on my Nissan NV Wingroad (2001) Y10.

NV.JPG

Can you get the parts, and if you can please give me an estimate for the work.

Thank you very much.

David

Khun David,

Thank you for contacting. The quotation was sent in the message box.

Best regards,

Ton

1 hour ago, kaptainrob said:

Ton, I'll get 4 x Firestone LE02's from you thanks.  This week or early next, whenever suits you.

[OEM Desert Duelers have done 98.000km's so it's time for new shoes ahead of rainy season long distance travels]

Khun Rob,

Thank you so much for the pre-order! I will call you when the tyres arrive my shop. :)

Best regards,

Ton

Problem with the steering, very strange expensive noises, fortunately Ton's guys checked it all out removing and cleaning a few areas that were causing the noises.

As it turned out no parts were required only labour costs- a whole 200Baht!

Great service as usual.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just had my car for big service at ProAuto and everything was made perfect. The "ToDo" list was long!

Thank you to you Ton and your staff for taking care of my old cars (both are 16 years old).

PS! I'm amazed his staff can get perfect balance on a wheel in one go. For other places it takes 2-3 times.

PPS! Get there in the morning (08:30) before they get busy. 

Having seen the posting of other members about ProAuto I took a friend there last week whose Nissan Sunny Neo had a loud knock coming from the front end when reversing on right lock.  I am happy to confirm that our experience in dealing with K.Ton and his staff was exactly what had been reported previously. 

The problem was quickly identified as being the upper shock absorber mountings and rectified for B2k.  Ton pointed out to my friend that the tyres on his recently bought car were five years old and despite looking quite OK, needed to be replaced.  At my suggestion they also replaced all fluids and did a general check for other problems.

We were dropped off and collected again from a point convenient to us a few hours later and by the end of the day my friend had a much improved, far safer vehicle and all done with the most pleasant and polite of customer service for a very fair price.  And as we all know a good mechanic is worth his weight in spare parts !

Thank you K.Ton and your staff – both Sai and I look forward to being your regular customers. 

26 minutes ago, sharktooth said:

Just buy a decent car

I buy brand new and rather expensive cars and they require service every 10,000 km if you want to take care of one's things.

I don't think anyone said they want to be a regular customer but meant since it's a necessity they look forward to being able to have a honest and trustworthy business relationship. 

1 hour ago, sharktooth said:

Arent brand new cars covered by warranty and serviced at the dealership?

Yes, for a few years, subject to you servicing as per specification. The dealership may include that servicing in the package, in my case it was included in part, then I was being charged 450B an hour labour and an extra 500B for Castrol oil compared to the local repair centre.

Given the dealership's are often staffed by youngsters out or college learning their trade, and an oil change cost me 2400B once they started charging labour vs about 1000B all in elsewhere, you start looking for a service centre that has experienced mechanics and reasonable prices. Servicing at the dealership is for idiots.

Thanks again K. Tonn....Good service @ a good price once again....

I got to meet a fellow TVF'r there from out of town that was also pleased with the his work & tire purchase.....Turned out we have a mutual friend....

The squeak you checked for also seems to be eliminated.....

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, moe666 said:

ProAuto on vacation just spent 45 min waiting for them to open by 0945 decided they were not going to do so. Any info about closing today

We close today & will open again tomorrow. Please accept my apology if two signages in front of the shop are not big enough.

On 12/5/2016 at 10:13 AM, moe666 said:

ProAuto on vacation just spent 45 min waiting for them to open by 0945 decided they were not going to do so. Any info about closing today

Finally woke up to the fact some business do close on holiday. Took the car back next day all maintenace performed to satisfaction also had them pay my tax as well. This added a wrinkle as I was a few months over due the tax lapsed while out of the country. Everything completed and the car runs like a new top

Went here a few months ago for a simple Oil and Filter change on my Isuzu truck, was quick and efficient, gave me a choice of oils to choose from (Branded Semi Synthetic, Fully Synthetic etc), price was as I expected.....would go back again!

• 4 weeks later...

This could affect the quotation that we provided to customer earlier. It may be changed without further notice.

Rubber price in global market has increased continuously since last year. Some tyre producers already increased retailed price (approximately 7%).

Customer who currently plan to change tyres may need to review this information & change tyres before all producers increased the retailed price officially.

tocom.png

Archived