What Happens If I Have A Non-b + Work Permit And I Marry?

With all the chaos re- the new regulations, I am reviewing my non-married status. Currently I am here on a non-B with full legal work permit. I am considering marrying my long term Thai girlfriend. If my current contract ends then it might help secure a long stay.

The question is, wi;; I have to change my non-b change to an "O" status? Is that going to affect the work permit?

TIA

Pringle..

PS: My 2 bahts worth on the visa fiasco:

If the Thai authorities are so concerned about "illegal"workers using 30 days visas to work here long time, why don't they just charge 3500B per month for 30 extentions over 90 days - that is the tax and SS any falang will pay on the minimum basic 50,000B monthly wage. This way, the government gets the revenue they think they are loosing out on. If they called it a 30 day SME business visa, I am sure any illegal would jump at the chance as it would grant some legality to being here.

Or is this just to complicated for the Thai authorities?

If the Thai authorities are so concerned about "illegal"workers using 30 days visas to work here long time, why don't they just charge 3500B per month for 30 extentions over 90 days - that is the tax and SS any falang will pay on the minimum basic 50,000B monthly wage. This way, the government gets the revenue they think they are loosing out on. If they called it a 30 day SME business visa, I am sure any illegal would jump at the chance as it would grant some legality to being here.

Very faire and rational - not a bad idea actually, however prob too sensible. :o

With all the chaos re- the new regulations, I am reviewing my non-married status. Currently I am here on a non-B with full legal work permit. I am considering marrying my long term Thai girlfriend. If my current contract ends then it might help secure a long stay.

The question is, wi;; I have to change my non-b change to an "O" status? Is that going to affect the work permit?

TIA

Pringle..

Hallo

Iam realy sure that you can not get I workpermit on a marrigevisa but as long as you work you

keep things the same.

If the Thai authorities are so concerned about "illegal"workers using 30 days visas to work here long time, why don't they just charge 3500B per month for 30 extentions over 90 days - that is the tax and SS any falang will pay on the minimum basic 50,000B monthly wage. This way, the government gets the revenue they think they are loosing out on.

You are answering yourself : because the "tax issue" is not the real one.

Thailand since mid 70's was like a hotel : anybody can come, go, come back etc. At the begining it was great : it allowed the tourism, and then mass tourism, to take off.

But we need to understand that the new "crackdown" does only put thailand on the same level than many other countries, regarding immigration regulations.

I mean : can you go to UK, France, Germany, USA, Canada, or China, Japan and stay forever there, with a series of "visa exemptions" ?

Of course not.

So I understand that the new rules are going to create a lot of problems for some people. But it's the previous situation that was abnormal.

TIA

Pringle..

Hallo

Iam realy sure that you can not get I workpermit on a marrigevisa but as long as you work you

keep things the same.

Hesitate to disagree when I'm not totally sure of the rules but...

Saw a post from somebody who would know better (maybe even Sunbelt) which said

if you have a "supporting Thai wife" visa you are entitled to work to support her.

Therefore you could have a work permit.

Check it out and good luck.

:o