Krabi school 'bus' spews students all over road like cabbages (video)

webfact

As I have said a hundred times on this forum Thais have no respect or duty of care for their children what parent would let a child travel to school with an incompetent driver with no training whatsoever and in a vehicle that is designed for carrying goods not people and no seat belts or restraints in the vehicle much safer just to walk the children to school or drive them yourself.

Yes .. you have said " ... a hundred times on this forum Thais have no respect or duty of care for their children "

And each and every time, many of us find it offensive and inappropriate.

And I am being polite using those words.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Un effin believable! They were just lucky that the oncoming pickup driver swerved to the left and hit the front end... Think the driver of the black pickup, taking over the school taxi just before it turned is to blame as well since he - during his stupid maneuver (stupid assuming that the school taxi guy indicated where he was going) - blocked the view of the school taxi driver before he turned... However, by the looks of it - a crash that could easily have been avoided by driving responsibly and with foresight, but Thai can't do sad.png

foresight in Thailand....cheesy.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gif

wakeup time coffee1.gif

Both drivers must be blind, but one carrying school kids should be sent to jail for that. He must have seen car coming and still turned.

The black pick up was at ;least partially obstructing the view of the oncoming car and that U/right-turn was just completely reckless, esp. with a bunch of kids in the car.

Just Thailand being Thailand. Nothing to see here folks.

And this accident will change absolutely nothing for anyone. Even if all of the kids died in this accident there would be no review of the system or any lessons learnt.

Yes this is not unusual I see every day in Chiang Mai trucks overloaded carrying School Children driving Crazy par for the course

OMG - how crazy do many Thai drivers have to be. To risk kids like that is "criminal"! The turning driver needs some immediate "attitude adjustment" training. coffee1.gif

Hope the children all make a full recovery (from adults stupidity)!

I know that the carrying of children like that is not up to "Western" standards but the driving behaviour should be better. TITS

Here was another accident waiting to happen. A total lack of safety awareness by the school, the driver and the kids. These people live on a different planet. And my wife was in a school pick-up which crashed and a kid was killed, and that was nearly 40 years ago. Nothing ever changes.

post-5931-0-97459300-1434534064_thumb.jp

A number of idiotic and off-topic posts have been removed from this thread.

Members are also reminded of the following from the Forum Rules:

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

For info, This cannot happen even in Indonesia, as a pick up cannot be licensed to carry ANY passengers.

The kids very lucky, the kids driver obviously no training & possibly no drivers licence,If he has should be taken off him.

He is a bird brain like 50% of other drivers

Welcome To Thai Visa ...

School is open ... readers are about to learn that Thailand is the only place on Earth that accidents happen.

No .. really ... not Europe .. certainly not the USA ... no where ... just Thailand.

Ok Thai Bash Department .. the floor is yours , let's see how long it takes to get from this nasty accident where, by the grace of God, it seems no kids were hurt .. to whatever level it ends up at.

You. over there "Mr hang 'em High" ... post please!

And you! "Mr all things = Thainess" ... you are losing time!

And the Right Honorable "These things NEVER occur in my Farang-a-topia" get on it will you please?

hurry .. there is only so much time before all the good bashes are taken !

Agreed but nevertheless, the statistics speak for themselves. Accidents happen in all countries however Thailand is, as far as I know in the top 5 worst in the world category. At least the top ten.

When one considers Thailand's place in the scheme of things, in culture, manufacturing, tourism etc, the attending statistics for car accident, road carnage, deaths and injuries, seems inordinately high, so "Thai bashers" as they are sometimes called have a very valid point.

Some posters refer to the mindset which allows such an anomoly to exist in a relatively modernised country. I think they also have a valid point. There is a very "c'est la vie" type of mindset, applied to disasters, both personal and cultural. It had to happen. We can all move on.

This makes it hard to change. There seems to be no urgency for reform.

Strange reaction how several started in a group to go down the street but they did come back.

Reckon they would have been in shock and disbelief and any pain might not have been felt immediately.

So lucky that another vehicle wasnt right behind the first while they were spewed out on the road eh?

Hard to put ones self in the same situation.

As I have said a hundred times on this forum Thais have no respect or duty of care for their children what parent would let a child travel to school with an incompetent driver with no training whatsoever and in a vehicle that is designed for carrying goods not people and no seat belts or restraints in the vehicle much safer just to walk the children to school or drive them yourself.

Yes .. you have said " ... a hundred times on this forum Thais have no respect or duty of care for their children "

And each and every time, many of us find it offensive and inappropriate.

And I am being polite using those words.

God what a whining twunt.

I renewed my driving licence yesterday - 4th one.

Although there's a big sign on the door stating NO PHONES there were several men and women not paying ANY attention to the mandatory video to TEACH THAIS TO FOLLOW RULES, because they were scrolling through Facebook and chat apps, right in front of everyone. If they cant follow the rules to learn how to follow rules, we're all doomed.

My wife and both kids think I'm an old moaner for telling them EVERY DAY to wear a seatbelt to school.

Oh, by the way, at the end of the boring mandatory video, there were some tasty crashes - which I was hoping for, to grab their attention - but all of them were farang crashes in farangland. Not very productive, is it?

Just Thailand being Thailand. Nothing to see here folks.

And this accident will change absolutely nothing for anyone. Even if all of the kids died in this accident there would be no review of the system or any lessons learnt.

That was just sickening. What, 1,000bt fine. He should be jailed for attempted murder. But the authorities to busy with checking lotto prices etc.

And no injuries so will just be forgotten.

For info, This cannot happen even in Indonesia, as a pick up cannot be licensed to carry ANY passengers.

The kids very lucky, the kids driver obviously no training & possibly no drivers licence,If he has should be taken off him.

Same in Thailand, pick up vehicles are not allowed to carry passengers on their back. But there is no law enforcement and even police officers are riding on the back of their pick up vehicles.

I find your post highly offensive. Birds take care of their young

To me it looks obvious that the oncoming truck was moving faster than the black truck that overtook the turning school bus. I would also blame the overtaking car if, and it is a big if, the school bus bothered to use an indicator. He obscured the vision of the school bus maybe, a reason for the school bus to wait a bit.

The black pick-up over took him while he was about to turn right

He wouldnt have seen the on-coming pick-up until he turned as the black pick-up would have blocked his view

Still shouldnt have turned without checking but hey ho this is Thailand..

Most likely he didn't indicate he was turning right!

The pick up that hit him seemed to be travelling fatst

Not so sure. you can see the P/U in the ditch, so not so far from the point of impact. If the driver of the school 'bus' did not have unobstructed field of vision, why the HELL did he turn?

Same in Thailand, pick up vehicles are not allowed to carry passengers on their back. But there is no law enforcement and even police officers are riding on the back of their pick up vehicles.

Are you sure about that? i thought passengers were not allowed to travel in the back of the pickup on tollways only.

its not a particularly nice word to use spews in a case like this nor would I use the word bus because it is not a bus and to cram a dozen or more children into a vehicle this size is asking for trouble its a wonder nobody was injured I think these children were very lucky I wonder whos idea it was .

its not a particularly nice word to use spews in a case like this nor would I use the word bus because it is not a bus and to cram a dozen or more children into a vehicle this size is asking for trouble its a wonder nobody was injured I think these children were very lucky I wonder whos idea it was .

I counted 10.

Archived