Lai Thai Guest House Chiang Mai

Blackandwhite

I think it's okay.. never stayed there myself, but many people who stay there seem quite happy with it. Also given the low price, of course. It's one of the cheapest centrally located aircon tourist hotels with something of a pool. The other one is the Top North Hotel at Thapae on Moon Muang Road. (Not to be confused with the Top North Guesthouse in Moon Muang Soi 2 (or soi 1, depending where you come from. :o

Cheers,

Chanchao

I stayed there a few years ago, staff was very nice, pool is a bit small but it's ok, I stayed in the back section and it was quiet. Ask to see a few rooms.

It was during Songkran and it was nice to be right where the action was.

I don't remember a mini bar and I didn't watch TV.

Shower/bathroom was just ok.

I have recommended it to my friends and colleagues.

I stayed there for three days about a year ago.I can't recommend it.Shabby and quiet primative, bedroom very basic, bed like rock.Shower room needed a refit.

I moved across the road to the Top North Hotel which was brand new and not a lot more in price, 10 times better!!!

The Lai Thai's not bad really, though they've got a problem with RATS around the pool - then again so does every central hotel with a pool. Staff are reaaly quite helpful and most rooms do have a fridge with booze and non-essentials like water. One of the better deals in town definitely

• 2 weeks later...