Only Questions,,,,,,,,

What is the Thai government hoping to accomplish? Why are they eliminating the three million baht investment visa? These people certainly aren't deadbeats. Who decided that two can live for half the price of one? A single guy needs 800,000 baht in the bank as opposed to a guy married to a Thai who only needs 400,000. Some guys are able to retire but they have very little savings. IE Retired military and guys getting 40,000 to 50,000 baht per month pension are NOT eligible for a retirement visa. This is MANY times the wage of an average Thai.

This whole situation is starting to smell VERY bad. My biggest concern is what is going to happen to Thailand if something should happen to the King? For the first time in years I have doubts about my future in Thailand. AND, I am one of the lucky guys who is married to a wonderful Thai lady and I have enough income that I don't use or need the support visa.

Anyone want to buy a couple of vehicles and a condo? This last statement is only HALF in jest. :o

EDIT - A final question; Why has the Thai government allowed ignorant and/or crooked lawyers to set up bogus companies for the explicit purpose to allow us to own property? Why are the lawyers permitted to draft contracts that aren't worth the paper they are written on?

Edited by Gary A