Dengue fever spreading in Krabi

webfact

one died due of dengue and another 123 due of the fogging ....

I arrived an hour early to pick my daughter up at her school one day to find the school being fogged with the children present.

Teachers and students standing there breathing in the smoke/ fog like " What could be wrong with this?"

I may have lost some "face" that day as I cussed out the teachers, told them how stupid and careless they were and then rounded up all the children from my village and took them home early!

This took place on a Friday afternoon with only an hour left of school.

They could have "fogged" the school on a Saturday when no students were present....

We now ggo to another school.

This school was fogged twice the first week of school this term....after a three month break with no students present.

It does make me wonder when I read about the IQ of school children decreasing in Thailand.

Do you think maybe the two things could possible be related???

Then again, I need to remind myself...

This Is Thailand...Mai Pen Rai.

Sadly you are confusing association with causation........read up what te WHO says about fogging....

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Stay stuck in your science and watch people die !

There are people out there who really "cure" diseases ... something your "science" rarely does !!!"

this is the kind of buffoonery that gets pole sick or worse still dead!

For heavens sake either get educated or therapy. your ideas are nonsense and potentially dangerous.

There are people out there who really "cure" diseases ... something your "science" rarely does !!!"

For heavens sake either get educated or therapy. your ideas are nonsense and potentially dangerous.

Well ... I had dengue and got rid of it pretty easily !

It is called "personal experience" and as such is proven to work !!!

That it does not fit with your world of science does not change the facts.

Actually the best thing against any these sort of issues would be

a working biological system which would EXCLUDE any chemicals sprayed !!!

Nothing in nature gets out of balance unless somebody brings it out of balance !

[like chemicals in fertilizers, herbacides, pesticides, fungicides ... you name the shit everybody sprays]

numbers are useless unless they can be compared with other numbers - preferably in the same place same season.

One has to ask if this is really a dramatic increase WHY?

authorities are aware of when the wet starts and of the life cycle of the Dengue-carrying mosquitoes, so did they carry out any preventative measures?

none of this is addressed in the article.

numbers are useless ? ehhhh ..... you are ....

It is possible to take preventative measures, but it requires a will to do so!

By some bizarre fluke of "something being done right" ... they actually do here in Chanthaburi. They sprayed everywhere a few weeks ago and have warning posters up around town urging people to empty tyres, containers etc of water.

Someone in Krabi needs a kick up the ....

i guess my scottish neigbor red this news as he got his house fumigated this morning and all the crap came inside mine as windows were opened and he warned none

at least when the village does it, they drop a paper in the mailbox a few days in advance

what do their spray anyway ?

The trick is to spray again when the current lavae in the pupal stage hatch as adults .. and before they have a chance to lay eggs.

The spray doesn't kill the ones in the pupal stage. Only the current generation of adults.

But Thai logic isn't advanced enough for that. I've only ever seen them spray once. Then 10 or so days later all the pupal stage mossies break out as adults, lay more eggs, and start it all off again.

The trick is to spray again when the current lavae in the pupal stage hatch as adults .. and before they have a chance to lay eggs.

The spray doesn't kill the ones in the pupal stage. Only the current generation of adults.

But Thai logic isn't advanced enough for that. I've only ever seen them spray once. Then 10 or so days later all the pupal stage mossies break out as adults, lay more eggs, and start it all off again.

Ever thought about that you and everybody else is also breathing this stuff ?

... and that small kids might not be as strong as you are ???

I live on Lanta Island and I haven't heard of anyone with Dengue fever yet this year (touch wood)... However there has been a huge increase in mosquitoes recently... Last year, especially during the rainy season, a HUGE number of people had dengue, probably more than half the people I know.... I am hoping that this doesn't suddenly happen again this year...

Ever thought about that you and everybody else is also breathing this stuff ?

... and that small kids might not be as strong as you are ???

Suggest an alternative to avoid a potentially fatal dengue outbreak.

Well ... I had dengue and got rid of it pretty easily !

It is called "personal experience" and as such is proven to work !!!

That it does not fit with your world of science does not change the facts.

Actually the best thing against any these sort of issues would be

a working biological system which would EXCLUDE any chemicals sprayed !!!

Nothing in nature gets out of balance unless somebody brings it out of balance !

[like chemicals in fertilizers, herbacides, pesticides, fungicides ... you name the shit everybody sprays]

Not only do you not understand the most basic facts of life you clearly know nothing of Dengue either.......as you don'y believe in science how do you know it was Dengue?? ..and how long before you "got rid"???

numbers are useless unless they can be compared with other numbers - preferably in the same place same season.

One has to ask if this is really a dramatic increase WHY?

authorities are aware of when the wet starts and of the life cycle of the Dengue-carrying mosquitoes, so did they carry out any preventative measures?

none of this is addressed in the article.

numbers are useless ? ehhhh ..... you are ....

I've explained my point - please be so kind as to explain yours....

Come on ---all this and lets get advice on what to add to the water in large pots that mozzies do not like and will not breed in.

I was told a little corn oil sprayed on the top--stop the mozzies from landing and laying.

Another was lime or lemon juice squirted in safe for animals, and ok for washing in.

Third was lemon grass mozzies hate, worth a try---------these are the easy ways at no cost.

Any more decent preventing ideas.

animals need constant water here it is hot------tipping water away is ok when it is just stagnant.

I have not seen enough diligence in respect to making sure there is no still water in many places around Thailand - so this is not a surprise.

I agree. I haven't seen a single warning or education poster in a couple of years.

In Indonesia, there are large signs all over the place, warning residents not to have stagnant water anywhere.

Singapore enforces this with the usual hip-pocket attacks to the wallet. Leaving pot plants with water in the base, in your apartment balcony, gets you a very hefty fine.

Here it does not even seem to be the usual tap on the wrist with a 100baht note.

A female aegypti mozzie stays very close to home, and outbreaks are easily tracked down. But first you have to have the get up and go to do something about it.

Around our part of Choinburi they have been door knocking looking for standing water. And I have seen some advertising but I cannot remember where.

Stay stuck in your science and watch people die !

absolute tripe!

Well, Dengue [if it really is Dengue which is far from certain] is very easily curable !

Problem: no pharmacy needed so no money to be made [just like Malaria]

The solution is very simple and could be solved instantly ... if anybody wanted to solve the problem.

Problems like this give Governments power as the uninformed population

always expect the "nanny" to help so they can back to their TV-Soapies and mobile phone games.

Sadly I cannot tell you the cure on here as TV [ridiculously] prevents people from helping each other ....

[...probably out of fear of being able to help people !!!]

OK - I can barely read this post, but just to make it clear, there is no "cure" for dengue....and there is VERY unlikely to be one either - it's a virus.

Viruses are pretty easy to "cure" ... as it's just a piece of information and not a living organism

the immune system can handle it quite well.

So all that's needed is a bit of help to the immune system.

Nothing new. Actually it's pretty old stuff ...

It seems pretty clear you don't subscribe to the real world, or scientific thinking, but appear have a delusional view of the world which I'm willing to bet has a lot to do with some massive conspiracy?

..and you seem to have only a limited appreciation of what a virus actually is.....and even the word "cure"

There are people out there who really "cure" diseases ... something your "science" rarely does !!!

What dangerous rubbish from brain150. Knows how to cure dengue fever but can't/won't tell us how. Reminds me of reading a medical book written about 150 years ago that said gonorrhea was just a "cold in the old fella " Sounds like it is from the same book. Got the 150 there!

What dangerous rubbish from brain150.

brain - really? - 150 already blew his cover in his first post accusing Thaivisa of some conspiracy or other.

Giving any advice on alternative medicine is called "quackery" here on Thai visa and is against the forum rules ... even if it might save somebody's life !

You can all stick to your science, spray your gardens with heavy chemicals and wait for you and your kids to get sick !

Maybe then you start to make up your own minds ... and the chemicals are just the start.

brain - really? - 150 already blew his cover in his first post accusing Thaivisa of some conspiracy or other.

Giving any advice on alternative medicine is called "quackery" here on Thai visa and is against the forum rules ... even if it might save somebody's life !

You can all stick to your science, spray your gardens with heavy chemicals and wait for you and your kids to get sick !

Maybe then you start to make up your own minds ... and the chemicals are just the start.

True dat. There is no such thing as "alternative medicine", unless you're talking about Ignorance.

As far as your "chemical" hysteria, everything is a chemical, including vitamins and herbs.

Have you heard about the dangerous H2O chemical? Can you believe, some parents actually let their kids swim in it?

If you inhale it, it will kill you!!!!1!1!

True dat. There is no such thing as "alternative medicine", unless you're talking about Ignorance.

As far as your "chemical" hysteria, everything is a chemical, including vitamins and herbs.

Have you heard about the dangerous H2O chemical? Can you believe, some parents actually let their kids swim in it?

feeling better now ... after giving some wise words to the forum ?

You probably think it's just a joke when people get seriously sick from chemicals [like glyphosate] and suffer for the rest of their lives ?

Or when kids get asthma from pesticides ?

Dengue is very easily to be cured and if it would not be about scaring people and making big money out of it

then there wouldn't even be an issue.

... and if you get out of your brainwashed minds then the world will be a better place !!!

[being out of your minds actually says it all very correctly]

You probably think it's just a joke when people get seriously sick from chemicals [like glyphosate] and suffer for the rest of their lives ?

Dengue is very easily to be cured and if it would not be about scaring people and making big money out of it

... and if you get out of your brainwashed minds then the world will be a better place !!!

Which fact do you disagree with?

What do you call people who disagree with facts?

You think your words are "wise" and not ignorant, correct?

What was your grade in Chemistry 101 in University?

I'm guessing "F"... (or are you uneducated in basic chemistry??)

i know I shouldn't encourage it and it was only a matter of time before the conspiracy theory emerged.........but......

"Dengue is very easily to be cured and if it would not be about scaring people and making big money out of it

then there wouldn't even be an issue."

Go on then, who is making "big Money" out of Dengue?

and while you're at it, tell us your cure for Dengue - why keep it from the rest of the world?

Has the pleasure of having it last year.

Not sure how reliable or useful, but i was eating 6 Vitamin C tabs per day with some antihistamines and it seemed to work well.

So if anyone unlucky enough to get it, try that.

An education campaign about stagnant water and hefty fines for any tiny place with stagnant water found on any site for the owner.

But education and Thailand - it does not go together

My friend the average Thai could not afford a hefty fine, so it's a no go, ever wonder why your average fine is so low ? Even a small fine hurts your average Joe. This is not Singapore.

brain - really? - 150 already blew his cover in his first post accusing Thaivisa of some conspiracy

or other.

Which fact do you disagree with?

What do you call people who disagree with facts?

You think your words are "wise" and not ignorant, correct?

What was your grade in Chemistry 101 in University?

I'm guessing "F"... (or are you uneducated in basic chemistry??)

What a bloody rant, go to sleep please.

"In Indonesia, there are large signs all over the place, warning residents not to have stagnant water anywhere."

Ever seen a rice field? They don't grow rice in Indonesia?

Rice fields ain't stagnant Einstein.

Hmmmm...once a year mozzie spraying...killing all our kiddies.

Do you drive a car or motorbike on a daily basis, Brain?

1. Chemicals are sprayed all the time

2. Simple Coconut oil is antibiotic and in combination with Vitamin C works

3. The lower leaves of a papaya tree work just fine [juice and drink] - Thai people gave me the tip and it works for them and for me !

... there is something much better but I am not allowed to write it in this forums due to the forum rules !!!

Archived