Dengue fever spreading in Krabi

webfact

one died due of dengue and another 123 due of the fogging ....

I arrived an hour early to pick my daughter up at her school one day to find the school being fogged with the children present.

Teachers and students standing there breathing in the smoke/ fog like " What could be wrong with this?"

I may have lost some "face" that day as I cussed out the teachers, told them how stupid and careless they were and then rounded up all the children from my village and took them home early!

This took place on a Friday afternoon with only an hour left of school.

They could have "fogged" the school on a Saturday when no students were present....

We now ggo to another school.

This school was fogged twice the first week of school this term....after a three month break with no students present.

It does make me wonder when I read about the IQ of school children decreasing in Thailand.

Do you think maybe the two things could possible be related???

Then again, I need to remind myself...

This Is Thailand...Mai Pen Rai.

Sadly you are confusing association with causation........read up what te WHO says about fogging....

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Stay stuck in your science and watch people die !

There are people out there who really "cure" diseases ... something your "science" rarely does !!!"

this is the kind of buffoonery that gets pole sick or worse still dead!

For heavens sake either get educated or therapy. your ideas are nonsense and potentially dangerous.

There are people out there who really "cure" diseases ... something your "science" rarely does !!!"

For heavens sake either get educated or therapy. your ideas are nonsense and potentially dangerous.

Well ... I had dengue and got rid of it pretty easily !

It is called "personal experience" and as such is proven to work !!!

That it does not fit with your world of science does not change the facts.

Actually the best thing against any these sort of issues would be

a working biological system which would EXCLUDE any chemicals sprayed !!!

Nothing in nature gets out of balance unless somebody brings it out of balance !

[like chemicals in fertilizers, herbacides, pesticides, fungicides ... you name the shit everybody sprays]

numbers are useless unless they can be compared with other numbers - preferably in the same place same season.

One has to ask if this is really a dramatic increase WHY?

authorities are aware of when the wet starts and of the life cycle of the Dengue-carrying mosquitoes, so did they carry out any preventative measures?

none of this is addressed in the article.

numbers are useless ? ehhhh ..... you are ....

It is possible to take preventative measures, but it requires a will to do so!

By some bizarre fluke of "something being done right" ... they actually do here in Chanthaburi. They sprayed everywhere a few weeks ago and have warning posters up around town urging people to empty tyres, containers etc of water.

Someone in Krabi needs a kick up the ....

i guess my scottish neigbor red this news as he got his house fumigated this morning and all the crap came inside mine as windows were opened and he warned none

at least when the village does it, they drop a paper in the mailbox a few days in advance

what do their spray anyway ?

The trick is to spray again when the current lavae in the pupal stage hatch as adults .. and before they have a chance to lay eggs.

The spray doesn't kill the ones in the pupal stage. Only the current generation of adults.

But Thai logic isn't advanced enough for that. I've only ever seen them spray once. Then 10 or so days later all the pupal stage mossies break out as adults, lay more eggs, and start it all off again.

The trick is to spray again when the current lavae in the pupal stage hatch as adults .. and before they have a chance to lay eggs.

The spray doesn't kill the ones in the pupal stage. Only the current generation of adults.

But Thai logic isn't advanced enough for that. I've only ever seen them spray once. Then 10 or so days later all the pupal stage mossies break out as adults, lay more eggs, and start it all off again.

Ever thought about that you and everybody else is also breathing this stuff ?

... and that small kids might not be as strong as you are ???

I live on Lanta Island and I haven't heard of anyone with Dengue fever yet this year (touch wood)... However there has been a huge increase in mosquitoes recently... Last year, especially during the rainy season, a HUGE number of people had dengue, probably more than half the people I know.... I am hoping that this doesn't suddenly happen again this year...

Ever thought about that you and everybody else is also breathing this stuff ?

... and that small kids might not be as strong as you are ???

Suggest an alternative to avoid a potentially fatal dengue outbreak.

Well ... I had dengue and got rid of it pretty easily !

It is called "personal experience" and as such is proven to work !!!

That it does not fit with your world of science does not change the facts.

Actually the best thing against any these sort of issues would be

a working biological system which would EXCLUDE any chemicals sprayed !!!

Nothing in nature gets out of balance unless somebody brings it out of balance !

[like chemicals in fertilizers, herbacides, pesticides, fungicides ... you name the shit everybody sprays]

Not only do you not understand the most basic facts of life you clearly know nothing of Dengue either.......as you don'y believe in science how do you know it was Dengue?? ..and how long before you "got rid"???

numbers are useless unless they can be compared with other numbers - preferably in the same place same season.

One has to ask if this is really a dramatic increase WHY?

authorities are aware of when the wet starts and of the life cycle of the Dengue-carrying mosquitoes, so did they carry out any preventative measures?

none of this is addressed in the article.

numbers are useless ? ehhhh ..... you are ....

I've explained my point - please be so kind as to explain yours....

Come on ---all this and lets get advice on what to add to the water in large pots that mozzies do not like and will not breed in.

I was told a little corn oil sprayed on the top--stop the mozzies from landing and laying.

Another was lime or lemon juice squirted in safe for animals, and ok for washing in.

Third was lemon grass mozzies hate, worth a try---------these are the easy ways at no cost.

Any more decent preventing ideas.

animals need constant water here it is hot------tipping water away is ok when it is just stagnant.

Archived