First MERS case confirmed in Thailand: public health minister

webfact

Now watch the Thai Ministry of Health completely botch the management of both disease and PR concerning it!

I agree, what are the Thai's going to do about the number of people coming in from the middle east? are they going to take steps? haven't seen anything yet!

i think I should take steps - bloody great big ones out of here!

...up to you....

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The man was taken first taken to a private hospital then transferred to a Government hospital- for God's name why? The outbreak in South Korea has been confined to a hospital so to transfer him to a hospital with less resources due to financial constraints and less quality management ????

The gentleman concerned was inbound for heart surgery.. so obviously the the hospital concerned makes most of it's money from over-charging tourists

not wishing to incur bad publicity or loss of revenue the "powers-to-be" have decided to move him out of that hospital purely on a financial basis and are withholding the hospitals name for the same reason.

Speaks volumes !!!!

Thailand (soon-to-be) hub of M.E.R.S.

or..... as has already been posted...

"Because this government hospital is a special hospital for infectious diseases."

That is not fun ... is it?

M.........Many

E.........Europeans

R.........Russians

S.........Scared. NO HIGH SEASON OF TOURISTS THIS YESR

M.... Most

E ... Evade

R ... Rainy

S ... Season

Have you ever been to Thailand?

so did all the other passenger get screened?

anyone saw the movie outbreak or 12 monkeys?

life imitating art ?

Yes Maidee ... ,May I suggest you get on a direct flight to Farang-a-topia before it is too late?

Yes .. this disease with one reported case in the Kingdom, which is incredibly hard to contract ... is going to wipe out Thailand.

Run for the hills !

'Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha called on the public to not panic but stay alert, adding the government is confident of its ability to contain the disease.' If, as has been stated, the hospital he was destined for in the first place raised the alarm, what the hell were the airport staff, who are supposedly screening passengers for just this reason, doing when this individual walked through? That most certainly doesn't generate confidence in the government's ability to contain the disease. Fifty nine contacts? Feasibly, far more. And those won't even know.

Now watch the Thai Ministry of Health completely botch the management of both disease and PR concerning it!

I agree, what are the Thai's going to do about the number of people coming in from the middle east? are they going to take steps? haven't seen anything yet!

i think I should take steps - bloody great big ones out of here!

I saw a lot of Chinese Muslims, but the only place I saw MIDDLE EAST Muslims, dressed head to toe in traditional middle eastern garb was Suvarnabhumi Airport.

By all means, drop what you're doing right now, get a taxi to BKK airport and hang out there before your flight home...

No worries mates, Thailand will have a cure by the weekend.

ha ha ha ....we can only hope.

Hope so mate cos there are another 59 people around out there that he had some sort of contact with,some of them still walking around !!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

First there was sars then bird flu, swine flu, ebola and now MERS and we are all still here

1000s of people die from the flu everyday and know 1 cares

and in London 10000 people die from pollution a year, so God knows how die in bangkok from the same thing

MERS is just another way 4 the media 2 scare us!!!

In 2 months we won't be talking about it

• 1 month later...

Archived