Might help someone, lost 40kg in 6 months

konying

I been thinking for a while to do a post, but knowing all the experts hesitate, but what the heck. May be if will help someone.

Little background:

Use to be a bodybuilder,started training when i was 16. Always fit as a bull and stupid as a buffalo, lifting super heavy.

Anyhow, after 15 years of being silly and training suffered a few injuries and had to have surgeries.

After surgeries, pain did not really go away, got lazy and depressed and stopped to train.

I can not say i ate junk but over the next 6 or o years gained over 40 kg.

People called me fat, where i saw myself as heavy and was happy to be heavy especially in crowded places.

I had to take some pics for WP and also decided to get health insurance so had to do blood test as requested by the insurance company( i am guessing due to my weight)

Anyhow, looked at pics, got my blood results, putting aside being refused by insurance because high cholesterol and everything else, i realized what a fat pig i really turned into.

I also realized with such bad results, i could drop at any time with heart attack or stroke, not to mention no insurance coverage.

Keep in mind being about 40 kg over weight, also does make you tired, sleepy and lazy so even though i knew i had to loose weight, i just did not have time to hit the gym nor to be honest did i have the enegry.

I decided to try Herbal life, despite all the negativity on this forum and many other places, i thought it was still worth a try.

So i did, i tailor designed my own daily routine for food and shakes.

Cut the story short, in 3 months, i lost over 20 kg, i stayed with the program and lost a further 20 or something,

I dropped about 3 sized in pants

Blood works are back in order, fit as a bull, insurance obtained.

Energy levels through the roof. and in general great feeling, not to mention sexy man againgiggle.gif

I started to train again, through the pain and muscle memory kicked in really fast

Many have commented that Herbal life is crap and if you stop you gain the weight.

Well, yes if you stop and start to eat like a pig again, you would.

Its now been over a year for me, i drink only 1 shake per day, i do not eat after 7pm, if i do, i just eat fruits or salads.

I never drink beer, always stuck with whisky, i removed soft drinks like Coke totally from my intake.

As i said, over a year later, i am still in shape, have not gained any weight, sticking to i main meal, decent breakfast and shake in the evening.

So moral of this post, if you wanting to loose weight, but lazy or unmotivated, i would try Herbal life or alike, stick to it and get yourself fit.

Happy to answer anyones questions or provide my initial food program.

My program was NOT what was suggested by Herbal Life reps, but it did NOT leave me hungry and clearly worked well.

I went from 129kg down to 85kg in less than 6 months.

Again, hope it helps someone

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done!!

I think the point is to be dedicated to it. If it is Herbal Life, or no carbs or low fat, with or without cardio. The point is you must really do it, than it works.

Edit: And people gaining fast because after the diet they eat full speed again...Obvious if eat like before you get fat like before.

Well done!!

I think the point is to be dedicated to it. If it is Herbal Life, or no carbs or low fat, with or without cardio. The point is you must really do it, than it works.

Well thats the thing, many people are unmotivated so do not even try as its too hard.

I found Herbal life to be really easy.

Why was it easy, because

1. I did not stop eating my favorite food or snacks, i just ate it once per day

2. I was not hungry

3. It takes less than 30 seconds to make

4. I did not stop drinking alcohol, just changed the mixers.

Other diets look scary for people who are unmotivated, the cooking, the prep work sounds "hard" and even for myself, having background in bodybuilding i had my diets, but just too lazy to cook and stock to it.

The Herbal Life or alike shakes, are just drop in water, mix and drink and all done.

No need to go shopping, no need to prepare, or really do anything.

Well done!!

Well thats the thing, many people are unmotivated so do not even try as its too hard.

Why was it easy, because

2. I was not hungry

Other diets look scary for people who are unmotivated, the cooking, the prep work sounds "hard" and even for myself, having background in bodybuilding i had my diets, but just too lazy to cook and stock to it.

The Herbal Life or alike shakes, are just drop in water, mix and drink and all done.

What I had success with:

1 ) Don't eat all the day, or if just 1 protein drink. In the evening like 8PM (I can't sleep with empty stomach) a pack of buritto (spelling??? That Mexican thing) or a self made Pizza (which isn't as bad as bought one)+ 2-3 large beers.

Not hungry during the day.

Weight goes down fast, but you also loose muscle = good but not perfect.

2 ) No carbs and reducing fat but tolerant on the fat, some fat on the pork and eggs are OK, just avoid where it is easy. + hard training (well you try hard but power is of course reduced).

Works well for me and no hunger, but Alc messes it up. But still weight goes down fast and the loose of muscle is less.

I had just now a pack of pork loins with a non fat Greek yoghurt with tons of garlic inside...it is extreme delicious.

In both it is no problem to brake the diet once a week or so.

As I am not tall and from the body type an endurance guy, but getting fat in the face and on the belly I look with a little overweight terrible. If you are very muscular and get fat you look like a hulk, I look like an idiot facepalm.gif

I did more than minus 20 kg + added for sure something like 5kg of muscle...so I guess I lost more than 25 kg fat.

Biggest problem is that my wife want to force feed me as she thinks a man need to be a little bit fat and slender is ugly facepalm.gif and without rice I die for sure....

But as you say the important point is to really do it, even a not so good concept will work.

User Kitsune did something complete different, eat only carbohydrates and vegetables but it also worked for her, because she really does it.

Doing it two days, but eating an ice cream between and than eat full speed 1 week and than try 2 days again does not work. I see it all the time with the fat ladies in the office who are "on diet" but drink coke, buy an ice cream and drink that big iced coffee with lots of sugar + fat. And eat lots of these Thai diet pills....

For me the point was when I went up to the sky train....not even very fast and up there I was soaked wet and I thought my heart explodes and I was a bicycle racer.

Well done!!

Why was it easy, because

2. I was not hungry

What I had success with:

1 ) Don't eat all the day, or if just 1 protein drink. In the evening like 8PM (I can't sleep with empty stomach) a pack of buritto (spelling??? That Mexican thing) or a self made Pizza (which isn't as bad as bought one)+ 2-3 large beers.

2 ) No carbs and reducing fat but tolerant on the fat, some fat on the pork and eggs are OK, just avoid where it is easy. + hard training (well you try hard but power is of course reduced).

Works well for me and no hunger, but Alc messes it up. But still weight goes down fast and the loose of muscle is less.

I had just now a pack of pork loins with a non fat Greek yoghurt with tons of garlic inside...it is extreme delicious.

As I am not tall and from the body type an endurance guy, but getting fat in the face and on the belly I look with a little overweight terrible. If you are very muscular and get fat you look like a hulk, I look like an idiot facepalm.gif

I did more than minus 20 kg + added for sure something like 5kg of muscle...so I guess I lost more than 25 kg fat.

Biggest problem is that my wife want to force feed me as she thinks a man need to be a little bit fat and slender is ugly facepalm.gif and without rice I die for sure....

But as you say the important point is to really do it, even a not so good concept will work.

User Kitsune did something complete different, eat only carbohydrates and vegetables but it also worked for her, because she really does it.

Doing it two days, but eating an ice cream between and than eat full speed 1 week and than try 2 days again does not work. I see it all the time with the fat ladies in the office who are "on diet" but drink coke, buy an ice cream and drink that big iced coffee with lots of sugar + fat. And eat lots of these Thai diet pills....

For me the point was when I went up to the sky train....not even very fast and up there I was soaked wet and I thought my heart explodes and I was a bicycle racer.

Its amazing how we do not realize what extra weight is.

I had to carry 15 kg box the other day and was exhausted, it then hit me, i use to carry around with me 3 times the weight 24 hours per day..

Really scary thought.

My program was, initially, breakfast with coffee, no milk, 5 pieces of lean ham or chicken

Lunch anything i wanted or craved.

Around 5pm, Herbal life shake

7pm, green salad, no dressing

9 pm, piece of watermelon or an apple.

10-11 pm, Herbal life shake

This was for first 2-3 months

After the loss, i added pita break to my breakfast, removed salad and second shake.

In all honesty, i rarely feel hungry, or hungry enough to break the routine.yet enough power and energy to train as well.

Well done!!

Why was it easy, because

2. I was not hungry

What I had success with:

Its amazing how we do not realize what extra weight is.

I had to carry 15 kg box the other day and was exhausted, it then hit me, i use to carry around with me 3 times the weight 24 hours per day..

Really scary thought.

My program was, initially, breakfast with coffee, no milk, 5 pieces of lean ham or chicken

Lunch anything i wanted or craved.

Around 5pm, Herbal life shake

7pm, green salad, no dressing

9 pm, piece of watermelon or an apple.

10-11 pm, Herbal life shake

This was for first 2-3 months

After the loss, i added pita break to my breakfast, removed salad and second shake.

In all honesty, i rarely feel hungry, or hungry enough to break the routine.yet enough power and energy to train as well.

I am never hungry in the morning, and if I don't eat in the morning I don't get (much) hungry till the evening. If eat some white bread with jam + coffee with sugar as breakfast I am almost starving at 11 AM.

I once thought and I still don't understand it. Person my size with 65 kg more than I have now.....Not even the heaviest around. If I put on a backpack with 65 kg. OK, I could squat a few time, but not many, but if I am flat on the bed I could never climb out of it. I went with a 40 kg backpack on the mountain when I am young and full trained, but could I go up the skytrain station now? Maybe, maybe not.

If I fall on the stairs I would be jam.....

And I spend years with training before and there is still and not all is gone...these people never trained.

And we don't get younger, now we might be able to carry an extra 30+ kg around how is it when we are 70+ years old?

I always assumed herbalife was just a multilevel marketing scam, perhaps I was mistaken. I've never tried it personally, I just try to exercise a couple of hours per day and watch the intake of sugar and fat. At age 63, I am still pretty fit.

I always assumed herbalife was just a multilevel marketing scam, perhaps I was mistaken. I've never tried it personally, I just try to exercise a couple of hours per day and watch the intake of sugar and fat. At age 63, I am still pretty fit.

Even if it is a marketing scam it doesn't mean that it doesn't work......There are a lot marketing scam diet products that are basically protein powder at 10x the price.

Of course it still is protein powder and working like protein powder.....Like the Amway stuff....you buy the soap way overprices but it is a working soap....

I lost 30 kilos over the course of a year and a half or so, mainly be giving up all heavy carbs. Bread, rice, potatoes, pasta.

I rarely felt "hungry" because of the change in eating, but for the first 3-4 weeks I was having a big time addictive reaction to not eating bread and or toast.

First year in Thailand I gained back about 14 kilo due to falling off the diet.

In the last ten days I have lost 3 kilo and I am likely/hopefully on my way back down.

Great story konying, and well done. Many years ago Herbalife cleared up my constant heart burn. I had previously had an operation to fix it but that didn't work and it was making my life unbearable. Taking herbalife at only one shake a day did the trick. I stopped taking it a few years later and the heart burn has never returned.

It appears that not only is the herbalife helping you but you have also reassessed other parts of your diet, mainly getting rid of beer and sugar etc. I still think sugar is the main culprit as it is in just about all processed foods. Me personally, I'm primal 80/20, and not only has that dropped some weight off me, it also makes for better all round health and sleep. Leaner and fitter now than when I was a younger man.

Again, well done mate and thanks for spreading the word. There is quite a few expats here in LOS that probably should reassess their lifestyle.....

Well done to you for what you have accomplished, but I have to say I don't understand people who go to a gym unless they want to build big muscles and

look like some kind of freak.

There are fitness parks all over Thailand, and swimming pools as well, why not do swimming, running or cycling and have a lean fit body.

At 6ft tall and 75 Ks, I do not drink, but I enjoy a couple of biscuits or cakes every night with a big mug of tea, I am also partial to a Burger King or MacDonalds,

though only occasionally, I go to the park and do some skipping some days.

After nearly ten years here, I have just taken out health insurance, and was accepted without a medical, I just filled in the form, with no pre existing medical

conditions and no hospital stays etc.

Good going Konying,

Congrats on reaching your goal. I am on a similar diet using whey protein powder available locally and about halfway to my weight loss goal. I am drinking protein water one day and eating pretty much whatever I want the second day. I have found it to be very easy; it not only works but you save a lot of money. I've found eating alternate days that I am not very hungry on the eating day; so two light meals is enough. I also gave up beer, sodas, carbs; sticking pretty much to meat, veggies, salads, and vodka.

I read an article in the UK quality press last week which reported on the study of the normal daily routines over several decades of a sample of circa 1,500 younger people in the UK wearing activity monitors.

It has been a widely held belief that the explosion of obesity (over 30% will be obese in the UK by 2030, a stat that is already reached in the US) is due to lack of exercise (TV/internet/digital games culture) as well as poor diet. The study concluded that while people are getting less formal exercise (gym, sports etc) they are in fact on average doing as much physical activity - walking standing etc - as they have always done. The conclusion was that the overwhelming cause of obesity is the quantity of $hit people are shoving down their throats. Particular blame was laid at portion size with food manufacturers, caterers and retailers taking a lot of heat for stimulating the 'supersize' consumption culture.

Not to say that formal exercise is not important of course - it's essential if you want to be ahead of 'being average'.

You are not mistaken.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/10935129/Herbalife-boasts-big-rewards-for-sellers-but-is-it-a-pyramid-scheme.html

I may be wrong, but I suspect that if you PM the OP, he'll be glad to sell you some product and eventually add you below him on the MLM pyramid.

This thread should be deleted as spam IMAO, it reads like an advertisement. Lose 40kg with this one simple trick!

I read an article in the UK quality press last week which reported on the study of the normal daily routines over several decades of a sample of circa 1,500 younger people in the UK wearing activity monitors.

It has been a widely held belief that the explosion of obesity (over 30% will be obese in the UK by 2030, a stat that is already reached in the US) is due to lack of exercise (TV/internet/digital games culture) as well as poor diet. The study concluded that while people are getting less formal exercise (gym, sports etc) they are in fact on average doing as much physical activity - walking standing etc - as they have always done. The conclusion was that the overwhelming cause of obesity is the quantity of $hit people are shoving down their throats. Particular blame was laid at portion size with food manufacturers, caterers and retailers taking a lot of heat for stimulating the 'supersize' consumption culture.

Not to say that formal exercise is not important of course - it's essential if you want to be ahead of 'being average'.

I strongly doubt that. When we were young we had to walk a lot, because things weren't so organized and not so much crime on streets. No one brought the kids to school per car. As there were no computer games and only 2 TV channels in my country, we went out and explored things, out of boredom. And there was no home delivery of anything....If you wanted junk food you had to walk.

So I am sure the physical activity got way less. But of course the $hit they eat is the bigger problem.

You are not mistaken.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/10935129/Herbalife-boasts-big-rewards-for-sellers-but-is-it-a-pyramid-scheme.html

I may be wrong, but I suspect that if you PM the OP, he'll be glad to sell you some product and eventually add you below him on the MLM pyramid.

This thread should be deleted as spam IMAO, it reads like an advertisement. Lose 40kg with this one simple trick!

I don't think that someone with 2700 postings just start to spam, but not trying to sell.....

And I am sure it is possible to loose 40 kg with this trick or many other tricks....loosing weight is the easiest thing on the planet, you don't need to do anything to do it. By simply not doing anything you loose weight.

Good going Konying,

Congrats on reaching your goal. I am on a similar diet using whey protein powder available locally and about halfway to my weight loss goal. I am drinking protein water one day and eating pretty much whatever I want the second day. I have found it to be very easy; it not only works but you save a lot of money. I've found eating alternate days that I am not very hungry on the eating day; so two light meals is enough. I also gave up beer, sodas, carbs; sticking pretty much to meat, veggies, salads, and vodka.

I hate protein with water, I use non fat milk instead, but I doubt it makes a big difference.

You are not mistaken.

just your view,

in my view its a good honest helpful post for all us fatties

You are not mistaken.

just your view,

in my view its a good honest helpful post for all us fatties

fatties and former fatties who struggle to maintain the weight

good on'ya konying, well done.

I've had 2 episodes of weight loss, one voluntary,one not...

The Not: marry a crazy Filo. I went from 92, down to 68kg, in 8 months

soon after that she flew away never to be seen again. I, however had my big bike accident shortly after, and within 3 months I somehow reached 102kg, due to inactivity because of the long term injuries.

This was getting bad for the health, and 12 months later I stated a program, which included taking Xenical, plus remedial exercising in the gym.

From 102, I dropped down to 73kg over the following 12mths. 19 years later, about 4 months agoat my last Dr review, I hovered around 81 kg, but at this moment I'm thinking it's time to try again,

(but, not by again marrying a Filo though!!! )

I have in those 4 months risen to 89kg.

If you consider the Xenical - it does work, and very well. But, if you like to maintain consumption of any fatty type foods - Xenical will have it splurting out, and the dunny looks like some one has poured red chilli oil into it.

good stuff!!

You are not mistaken.

Don't think that any sane member with almost 3.000 posts would jeopardize his account being closed for running ads...

My two cents - low or no carb, no sugared sodas, no sweets for a few weeks while drinking enough water and doing just a bit of exercise worked great for me. 12 kilos in 7 weeks, felt great and did not miss a thing. Sadly, I am back to coke, italian food, wheat beer and snacks... time to start over again...

Thanks to the OP for this interesting thread! Great job! Congrats to your "loss"! thumbsup.gif

I've lost 12 Kg in 4 months just by changing my diet .... no additional exercise . My diet is, of my daily calorie intake 80% fat, 15% protein and 5% carbs .... read that again its by percentage of daily calorie intake. I use a website that has a calculator that tells you what the percentages are and you can add your weight etc to map the progress I'm aiming to lose another 20Kg by new year ... realistic goals.

On this diet I typically eat:

breakfast usually 2 fried eggs (in coconut oil), 1.5 rashes of bacon, a slice of cheese & 1 x tablespoon of sour cream + coffee with milk No sugar .... I use stevia. That gets me to

lunch where I have 25 gms raw macadamia nuts, 1 small can of tuna & a green salad + cup of tea with milk & no sugar

dinner maybe some fried fish or pork chops or chicken again in coconut oil (or in a curry but No rice), green vegies or a salad

sometimes an hour or so after dinner I will have 1/2 cup of greek style yoghurt with some coconut milk + 1/2 a small banana cut up in it

I also try to drink a few litres of water each day.

I'm losing weight and feeling great

here is the website I use if any one is interested .... its free and doesn't promote any products or diets

www.fatsecret.com

I'm in Australia so I put .au at the end

cheers

thanks for the convincing testimonials; so how do you get your hands on the product if you live in Isaan?

They have agents distributors all over the country.

Initially i contact the main office from their website.

They guy there started to talk something which i still do not understand, he was talking programs.

Anyhow, i first ordered direct from them.

Postage was free, from memory price was 1280 per tank( or what ever its called)

Later, by accident, my neighbor commented that i lost weight, so after a chat, it turned out she use to be a distributor but stopped long time ago.

Cut the story short, she introduced me to another person, strangely enough it was cheaper to buy from that person than directly from the company.

Now that person returned back to Germany, but i still order through her and have it sent.

Will answer your PM shortly smile.png

Archived