Might help someone, lost 40kg in 6 months

konying

Yes indeed it justifies anything.....that is life.

I strongly doubt that the majority want to save 5 min but torture themself to extreme pain. The majority sure don't like HIIT. They but they would walk 1 hour in the park. 1 hour in the park is 100 % more efficient than not doing the HIIT because it is too hard.

These studies are a bit like masturbating.....someone proof that what they like it is the best, but it is no real life solution and it doesn't help someone overweight at all. It more distract from the real things.

Well here's another fact of life. If you were hired to find something that people like and you said "Everyone is different", you'd be fired.

You do make a good point about HIIT and it's intensity. Not everyone can sustain it. Then again you don't have to go to 190% VO2Max intensity to get benefits from HIIT. Just go hard and then rest, then repeat.

Studies are how we prove everything. I put more weight in them than random opinions on the internet.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Their marketing system works, clearly since companies are worth billions.

So is the Church of Scientology - it doesn't mean they're good.

I think their marketing system preys on the needy and gullible using cult-like techniques. I don't care if it works - it's not something I want to support.

You do not need to support it, no one asked,you, but you also do not need to thread fark, just because you do not like their marketing, after all they only worth billions

As for the rest, sorry nothing but drivel to justify your dislike of company marketing strategy.

I strongly doubt that the majority want to save 5 min but torture themself to extreme pain. The majority sure don't like HIIT. They but they would walk 1 hour in the park. 1 hour in the park is 100 % more efficient than not doing the HIIT because it is too hard.

These studies are a bit like masturbating.....someone proof that what they like it is the best, but it is no real life solution and it doesn't help someone overweight at all. It more distract from the real things.

Well here's another fact of life. If you were hired to find something that people like and you said "Everyone is different", you'd be fired.

You do make a good point about HIIT and it's intensity. Not everyone can sustain it. Then again you don't have to go to 190% VO2Max intensity to get benefits from HIIT. Just go hard and then rest, then repeat.

Studies are how we prove everything. I put more weight in them than random opinions on the internet.

Anyone who has done HIIT knows its real hard and cannot be done as often as steady state cardio (especially not if you do weightlifting too). HIIT places a big strain on the body and if you do it too much you can get overtrainend. Steady state cardio does not have that problem and can be added easily to for instance weightlifting programs. I have done HIIT on a rowing machine next to my weightlifting program. In the end it was too much. HIIT alone you can do 3 maybe 4 times a week but that is it. Steady state cardio you can do 7 days a week.

I like HIIT at times but its not magic and has its downsides too as i described.

Anyone who has done HIIT knows its real hard and cannot be done as often as steady state cardio (especially not if you do weightlifting too). HIIT places a big strain on the body and if you do it too much you can get overtrainend. Steady state cardio does not have that problem and can be added easily to for instance weightlifting programs. I have done HIIT on a rowing machine next to my weightlifting program. In the end it was too much. HIIT alone you can do 3 maybe 4 times a week but that is it. Steady state cardio you can do 7 days a week.

I like HIIT at times but its not magic and has its downsides too as i described.

Good point: Also you can do cardio for very long, you can go with a brake 3-5 hours with the bicycle at some good speed. At the end you burned way more energy than in a short HIIT.

Good point: Also you can do cardio for very long, you can go with a brake 3-5 hours with the bicycle at some good speed. At the end you burned way more energy than in a short HIIT.

Thing is HIIT is good.. but its just one of many tools, but it can't be used too much or you go down for sure. (if your really doing HIIT)

You do not need to support it, no one asked,you, but you also do not need to thread fark, just because you do not like their marketing, after all they only worth billions

No one asked me, and I don't have to do anything, same as you. I do it to help inform others.

As for the rest, sorry nothing but drivel to justify your dislike of company marketing strategy.

Anyone can call anything drivel. What matters if it is right or wrong, and if it can be proven or disproven with facts.

You're right, HIIT is more intense and you can't do it too often. I used to do it as often as you said, 3-4x/week.

Doing HIIT alongside a lifting program can be done but you need to be careful to do HIIT exercises that don't overlap your lifting muscles too much, e.g. combining deadlift and HIIT rowing is a bad idea, but deadlift and HIIT swimming is better.

Many people combine HIIT with LISS (low-intensity steady state) cardio, this way you get the best of both worlds.

If you're short on time and want to get some good cardio in, HIIT is king IMAO.

No one asked me, and I don't have to do anything, same as you. I do it to help inform others.

Anyone can call anything drivel. What matters if it is right or wrong, and if it can be proven or disproven with facts.

Okkkkk blink.png

Fact i lost 44 kg using Herbal Life without doing any exercise at all, without counting calories, without preparing my own food, without sprinting, lifting or sweating.

coffee1.gif

You welcome to make a thread about your success with HIIT and help people with all the factsthumbsup.gif

Better yet advise someone who is 40-50 kg overweight to do HIIT, but make sure to put it in writing that you will cover all medical expenses in case of injury or heart attack, i dare youwhistling.gif

Okkkkk blink.png

Fact i lost 44 kg using Herbal Life without doing any exercise at all, without counting calories, without preparing my own food, without sprinting, lifting or sweating.

coffee1.gif

You welcome to make a thread about your success with HIIT and help people with all the factsthumbsup.gif

Better yet advise someone who is 40-50 kg overweight to do HIIT, but make sure to put it in writing that you will cover all medical expenses in case of injury or heart attack, i dare youwhistling.gif

You asked me what worked for me, so I told you that HIIT worked for me. If you can't remember what has been discussed already, best to keep quiet.

And I've seen plenty of overweight people do HIIT. They might move a bit slower to keep their heart rate in a healthy range but they can still do interval training.

It does sound like your method worked well for you and your particular situation. Congrats on the weight loss.

Okkkkk blink.png

coffee1.gif

You asked me what worked for me, so I told you that HIIT worked for me. If you can't remember what has been discussed already, best to keep quiet.

And I've seen plenty of overweight people do HIIT. They might move a bit slower to keep their heart rate in a healthy range but they can still do interval training.

It does sound like your method worked well for you and your particular situation. Congrats on the weight loss.

I asked you?blink.png

Flash news sparky, thread is not about you and clearly it does not sink in as its too complex for you, but 75 kg is hardly overweight.

As i said to you before, once you weigh 130, then come back and tell me how great HIIT iscoffee1.gif

Okkkkk blink.png

coffee1.gif

I asked you?blink.png

Flash news sparky, thread is not about you and clearly it does not sink in as its too complex for you, but 75 kg is hardly overweight.

As i said to you before, once you weigh 130, then come back and tell me how great HIIT iscoffee1.gif

Yes I wonder as well how someone with 130 kg will do HIIT.......But some slower cardio might be just perfect

I asked you?blink.png

Yep. This forum stores a history of the replies so you can go back and refresh your memory if you wish.

Never said the thread was about me, and also never claimed 75kg is overweight.

I'll say it again: it's what worked in my case and I'm not claiming it will work for your particular case esp. due to your injuries, but it probably will work for many people.

Don't plan on weighing 130kg, but I'll continue to recommend HIIT to folks who are overweight as I've seen people have success with it. I used to row in a group class with some very overweight individuals, and that class was all about interval training.

If you can show me some studies showing how HIIT is somehow bad for overweight people, I'll take note.

In the meanwhile, here's a study done with overweight and obese subjects using HIIT:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22854902

"Conclusions: A long-term lifestyle intervention with optimized high-intensity interval exercise improves body composition, cardiometabolic risk, and exercise tolerance in obese subjects. This intervention seems safe, efficient, and well tolerated and could improve adherence to exercise training in this population."

And here's another:

http://www.ergo-log.com/interval-training-helps-the-obese-lose-weight.html

"As this high intensity intermittent exercise program required minimal time commitment, it has implications regarding subject compliance with exercise interventions", conclude the researchers. "Thus, physical activity prescriptions, which require the least effort, while still producing adequate reductions in subcutaneous and visceral fat are likely to be optimal and high intensity intermittent exercise would seem to fall under this category as subject's total exercise commitment was 60 min per week."

I asked you?blink.png

Yep. This forum stores a history of the replies so you can go back and refresh your memory if you wish.

Never said the thread was about me, and also never claimed 75kg is overweight.

I'll say it again: it's what worked in my case and I'm not claiming it will work for your particular case esp. due to your injuries, but it probably will work for many people.

Don't plan on weighing 130kg, but I'll continue to recommend HIIT to folks who are overweight as I've seen people have success with it. I used to row in a group class with some very overweight individuals, and that class was all about interval training.

If you can show me some studies showing how HIIT is somehow bad for overweight people, I'll take note.

In the meanwhile, here's a study done with overweight and obese subjects using HIIT:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22854902

"Conclusions: A long-term lifestyle intervention with optimized high-intensity interval exercise improves body composition, cardiometabolic risk, and exercise tolerance in obese subjects. This intervention seems safe, efficient, and well tolerated and could improve adherence to exercise training in this population."

And here's another:

http://www.ergo-log.com/interval-training-helps-the-obese-lose-weight.html

"As this high intensity intermittent exercise program required minimal time commitment, it has implications regarding subject compliance with exercise interventions", conclude the researchers. "Thus, physical activity prescriptions, which require the least effort, while still producing adequate reductions in subcutaneous and visceral fat are likely to be optimal and high intensity intermittent exercise would seem to fall under this category as subject's total exercise commitment was 60 min per week."

LIke a bad smell, that just can not be removedcoffee1.gif

LIke a bad smell, that just can not be removedcoffee1.gif

It's likely the smell of the sewer line that you hit with your shovel.

When you're in a hole, stop digging.

Using baseless insults when you're down doesn't reflect well on your character.

I suggest you come back when you have something meaningful to further contribute to the topic.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Well done!!

I think the point is to be dedicated to it. If it is Herbal Life, or no carbs or low fat, with or without cardio. The point is you must really do it, than it works.

Well thats the thing, many people are unmotivated so do not even try as its too hard.

I found Herbal life to be really easy.

Why was it easy, because

1. I did not stop eating my favorite food or snacks, i just ate it once per day

2. I was not hungry

3. It takes less than 30 seconds to make

4. I did not stop drinking alcohol, just changed the mixers.

Other diets look scary for people who are unmotivated, the cooking, the prep work sounds "hard" and even for myself, having background in bodybuilding i had my diets, but just too lazy to cook and stock to it.

The Herbal Life or alike shakes, are just drop in water, mix and drink and all done.

No need to go shopping, no need to prepare, or really do anything.

What is herbal life, and where can I get it? I do not have a weight problem, but want to stay around 75Ks.

Well done!!

I think the point is to be dedicated to it. If it is Herbal Life, or no carbs or low fat, with or without cardio. The point is you must really do it, than it works.

Well thats the thing, many people are unmotivated so do not even try as its too hard.

Why was it easy, because

2. I was not hungry

Other diets look scary for people who are unmotivated, the cooking, the prep work sounds "hard" and even for myself, having background in bodybuilding i had my diets, but just too lazy to cook and stock to it.

The Herbal Life or alike shakes, are just drop in water, mix and drink and all done.

What is herbal life, and where can I get it? I do not have a weight problem, but want to stay around 75Ks.

Herbalife International is an American multinational multi-level marketing corporation that develops, markets and sells nutrition supplements, weight management, sports nutrition and personal-care products.

Just use google translate of if Thai is near by and they will contact you, can purchase from the head office or find someone who is selling http://products.herbalife.co.th/get-herbalife

I have only tried the shakes and the tea.

About the tea, i can not really comment, as i was taking it together with the shakes for the first month, not too sure how well it work or if it works at all, but the shakes were great.

Still do one per day, admittedly i have started to eat little more and have gained 3 kg, but i also now train on daily basis, so the gain may well be the muscle not the fat :)

I will say though, if you donot want to loose weight and only want to maintain, i would propably go with protein shakes, also will be cheaper than the herbal life

Well done!!

Why was it easy, because

2. I was not hungry

Herbalife International is an American multinational multi-level marketing corporation that develops, markets and sells nutrition supplements, weight management, sports nutrition and personal-care products.

Just use google translate of if Thai is near by and they will contact you, can purchase from the head office or find someone who is selling http://products.herbalife.co.th/get-herbalife

I have only tried the shakes and the tea.

About the tea, i can not really comment, as i was taking it together with the shakes for the first month, not too sure how well it work or if it works at all, but the shakes were great.

Still do one per day, admittedly i have started to eat little more and have gained 3 kg, but i also now train on daily basis, so the gain may well be the muscle not the fat smile.png

I will say though, if you donot want to loose weight and only want to maintain, i would propably go with protein shakes, also will be cheaper than the herbal life

Can be seen at your belt....you need the next hole: fat....you are on the same hole: muscle....

Not 100 % scientific but a good estimate

Can be seen at your belt....you need the next hole: fat....you are on the same hole: muscle....

Not 100 % scientific but a good estimate

Belt is the same, even a hole less. So I am safe, lol

clap2.gif That belt method is surprising exact.....I also wear the same type of jeans.....when I get problems with fitting the legs but it is too wide that I make something right.....if I can't close it I make something wrong.

Measuring the belly weight is for me not very exact....I to dumb to make it right. That measuring belt is also difficult but the belt in the trouser always sits at the same place....

Archived