Hamburgers in Chiang Rai, where to go?

canuckamuck

Ok I have been in the Rai for about 4 years, but I live pretty far out of town and when I come in we got lots to do. So I haven't really learned much about what's available. So I would like a few tips on where to get a good reasonably priced burger.

Any favorites?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, in Chiangrai 4 years, and still haven't found a burger joint. I mean c'mon this is embarrassing, surely. From yr previous posts u live up by the border, right? Ask locally, plenty farang buddies up there.

I would try Don's place, he has been here 40 plus years, I guess he knows about burgers.

Should I squawk Troll at this post, it seems to be the fashion these days.

Ok, that's a start, but I don't know where or who Don is. Do you mean Don Battles from this Forum?

And Hungry Wolf's, where is that?

And yes you can call me a troll if you like, I am just trolling for a burger so I don't see any harm.

I live an hour and a half from town and most of it is windy switchbacks, so I don't get to town more than once a week, and when I do I got stuff to do.

I haven't had the pleasure of wandering about and trying this shop or that. But I am really bored with eating at Central or Big C.

No foreigners living in my neighborhood, so you are mistaken. But if there were, would that disqualify me from asking people from the city where's a good place to eat. It seems they would know better.

Ok, that's a start, but I don't know where or who Don is. Do you mean Don Battles from this Forum?

And Hungry Wolf's, where is that?

And yes you can call me a troll if you like, I am just trolling for a burger so I don't see any harm.

I live an hour and a half from town and most of it is windy switchbacks, so I don't get to town more than once a week, and when I do I got stuff to do.

I haven't had the pleasure of wandering about and trying this shop or that. But I am really bored with eating at Central or Big C.

No foreigners living in my neighborhood, so you are mistaken. But if there were, would that disqualify me from asking people from the city where's a good place to eat. It seems they would know better.

Hungry wolf is near the wang come hotel and edison department store in downtown CR...

Not sure if don's is open anymore but he will likely post on here.

other burger place that some like is barry's on the golf course near the old airport.

i rarely eat burgers but am sure others on here might have some more recommendations for you....good luck

Hungry Wolf is on the corner of Thai Viwat Alley and Phaholyothin Road.

We went a couple of days ago. Our first time. We didn't try the hamburgers. But, I saw a customer get one. It looked good and he seemed to enjoy it. It's on my list for next time. smile.png

Good lluck finding a burger that meets your specs in Chiang Rai. Since I closed Don't Cafe I have given up eating outside except for Thai food.

The other big problem for making at home is to find decent ground beef that is not filled with gristle. A solution for this is buy the top round in bulk at Makro and grind at home. You many need to add a little ground pork in order to get the fat content up to 30-40%.

Best of luck and please let us know if you find the right one.

Thanks for tips so far, looks like quite a few nods for Hungry Wolf. I will go there first

Donald, I am not to worried about meeting my specs. I've been in Thailand 12 years so my standards are very low.

Try SanFran - they're just off to one side of Wangcome, just round the corner from Hungry Wolf's. There's a little courtyard with an orange VW camper van, and some seating in front of it. I was REALLY pleasantly surprised by their burgers.

Archived