Thought for the day.

Johnniey

I have been sober many years now and found a daily thought or reflection valuable in my recovery.

Today I wish to share a reading from an AA book but please feel free to post any positive thoughts for helping get through the day.

A SPIRITUAL KINDERGARTEN We are only operating a spiritual kindergarten in whichpeople are enabled to get over drinking and find the graceto go on living to better effect AS BILL SEES IT, p. 95 When I came to A.A., I was run down by the bottle andwanted to lose the obsession to drink, but I didn't reallyknow how to do that. I decided to stick around long enoughto find out from the ones who went before me. All of asudden I was thinking about God! I was told to get a HigherPower and I had no idea what one looked like. I found outthere are many Higher Powers. I was told to find God, as Iunderstand Him, that there was no doctrine of the Godheadin A.A. I found what worked for me and then asked thatPower to restore me to sanity. The obsession to drink wasremoved andone day at a timemy life went on, and Ilearned how to five sober.

• 2 weeks later...

If you dont pick up the first drink you cant get drunk. (My AA sponsor)

Sorry Jessi I have a result in mind and then make a plan to achieve it. Often I have had to rethink the plan.

This is one of the great benefits besides being clean for me. The ability to adapt. Things are no longer carved in stone. I very often end up with plan C,D,E or farther down the line. Most often it is a better result than I originally planned. My most recent was a trip to Puckett. I had the finances figured and it turned out to be absolutely free to the Hyatt Resort.

Sorry Jessi I have a result in mind and then make a plan to achieve it. Often I have had to rethink the plan.

This is one of the great benefits besides being clean for me. The ability to adapt. Things are no longer carved in stone. I very often end up with plan C,D,E or farther down the line. Most often it is a better result than I originally planned. My most recent was a trip to Puckett. I had the finances figured and it turned out to be absolutely free to the Hyatt Resort.

Carl, I think you have quoted the wrong post or am I missing something ,,,,,,,,,Maybe I am getting bloody old.sad.png

During my time in AA, I have observed that many members are taking.

How many people are listening?

We share our experience, strength & hope.

It is not a program where orders are given & obeyed.

Carl, I think you have quoted the wrong post or am I missing something ,,,,,,,,,Maybe I am getting bloody old.sad.png

Apparently not as old as me. I got the wrong post to respond to.

During my time in AA, I have observed that many members are taking.

How many people are listening?

We share our experience, strength & hope.

It is not a program where orders are given & obeyed.

In the later years I have noticed that many people are on their mobile phones playing games and sending messages rather than listening.sad.png

• 4 weeks later...

Some thoughts for today:

"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom"

"You never know what is enough until you have had more than enough'.

William Blake, Proverbs of Hell, from "The Marriage of Heaven and Hell",1793

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

And acceptance is the answer to all my problems today. When I am disturbed, it is because I find some person, place, thing or situation -- some fact of my life -- unacceptable to me, and I can find no serenity until I accept that person, place, thing or situation as being exactly the way it is supposed to be at this moment.

Nothing, absolutely nothing happens in God's world by mistake. Until I could accept my alcoholism, I could not stay sober; unless I accept life completely on life's terms, I cannot be happy. I need to concentrate not so much on what needs to be changed in the world as on what needs to be changed in me and in my attitudes.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived