UK visitor visa decision made in 5 days, good or bad?

The latest figures (for decisions made in April) show that over 90% were processed within 5 to 10 working days, depending on the category of visit visa applied for.

BTW; as said many times the quality etc. of the application has no bearing on the processing time. Unless you've paid for the priority service, applications are processed in the order they are received and it takes just as long to process a poor application which results in a refusal as it does to process a proper one which is granted.

(Edited to add link.)

Edited by 7by7

Anyone know the current, average turnaround time for a UK visit visa? This will be Mrs NL's third one and traveling together so don't see any extraordinary delays unless something in the provenance has changed since her last one (2 year visa) was granted without issues about 3 years ago.

My girlfriend's application for a Marriage Visitor visa (in April) and two sets of colleagues' applications for General Visitor visas, both in April/May, were turned around within 5 working days. My GF's visa and one of my colleagues were granted, the other colleague's was refused, although granted when the application was re-submitted 3 weeks later.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 6/27/2015 at 8:44 AM, Udox said:

Ours took 6 days from submitting documents in Bkk

They emailed first to say it was ready to pick up (anytime after a further 2 working days)

but then they called to tell us it was done and we could collect it anytime. We went the next day

We asked for the verdict on the phone - they can't / won't say.

We picked up a sealed envelope containing the passport and all submitted documents and opened it outside the office

We left smiling :)

All I can advise is to give as much supporting documentation as you can. There is no 'standard list'.

Ours ?   We ?

Didn't realise there was such a thing as a joint passport.

It wasn't your application mate.

I love the way foreigners think it's THEIR application for THEIR wife.

Ownership and control issues methinks

Why such a negative comment, does it bother you that much mate?

Ours ?   We ? Didn't realise there was such a thing as a joint passport.

It wasn't your application mate.

I love the way foreigners think it's THEIR application for THEIR wife.

Ownership and control issues methinks

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2