I was set up, says Kiwi freed from Cambodian rape sentence

geovalin

You tell me what could be worse? Murder? Nah, the person's dead and people die at some point. Their loved ones will grieve n=and then get over it (mostly). I for one, cannot think of a worse crime. Just my opinion of course.

Murdering/abducting someone's children, blinding someone, amputating someone's arms or legs, breaking someone's neck while DUI .......... the list is endless.

They're all equally bad. But as you know (but maybe don't understand) I was referring to the Kiwi bloke being accused when not (allegedly) guilty. As an accused would you rather be accused of rape or murder if you had done nothing? Semantics I know, and as I said, just my opinion.

If a bunch of guys grabbed me, and said 'so we gonna rape you or cut your little finger off and then let you go', I would choose rape.

I'm thinking realistically a woman would say the same, certainly most Asian women would, we're talking sexually experienced women not virgins.

Fate worse than death? I think not.

Feminist, PC, BS.

Trust me I'm not a feminist and feminazis wind me up something rotten.. As I said, it's just my opinion. It's an opinion formed after having worked with and trained rape victims over some 19 years or so. I've seen it first hand. But you are giving your opinion which is cool but ask yourself that question you raised and replace your self with "your daughter" Would you prefer your daughter to have a finger cut off or be raped - by a gang of Muslims? What if she contracts AIDs or something? Or gets pregnant? What if they cut her finger off and then rape her anyway? The implications don't stop. I've seen the trauma it leaves behind and it's not PC and not BS, trust me on that one.

You tell me what could be worse? Murder? Nah, the person's dead and people die at some point. Their loved ones will grieve n=and then get over it (mostly). I for one, cannot think of a worse crime. Just my opinion of course.

Murdering/abducting someone's children, blinding someone, amputating someone's arms or legs, breaking someone's neck while DUI .......... the list is endless.

They're all equally bad. But as you know (but maybe don't understand) I was referring to the Kiwi bloke being accused when not (allegedly) guilty. As an accused would you rather be accused of rape or murder if you had done nothing? Semantics I know, and as I said, just my opinion.

If a bunch of guys grabbed me, and said 'so we gonna rape you or cut your little finger off and then let you go', I would choose rape.

I'm thinking realistically a woman would say the same, certainly most Asian women would, we're talking sexually experienced women not virgins.

Fate worse than death? I think not.

Feminist, PC, BS.

Accuse me of rape or murder?

Rape, I have a much better chance of getting off.

Maybe, maybe not. Ask Mike Tyson how he fared. One thing is for sure, if you didn't get off, your life would be unpleasant in the jail as a rapist. As a murderer you'd even get respect from the other prisoners (unless you'd topped a baby or your own kid something)

Maybe, maybe not. Ask Mike Tyson how he fared. One thing is for sure, if you didn't get off, your life would be unpleasant in the jail as a rapist. As a murderer you'd even get respect from the other prisoners (unless you'd topped a baby or your own kid something)

So your advice to rapists would be, dead girls tell no tales?

We're starting down a very slippery slope here.

So your advice to rapists would be, dead girls tell no tales?

We're starting down a very slippery slope here.

eh? My advice to rapists would be to come and see me at one of my classes for a couple of minutes..... But the fact is, if a rapist murders his victim he will spend his total time in isolation as he will more than likely get offed in prison. Rightly so as it happens, if the courts aren't prepared to administer a death penalty then hey-ho, if the prisoners do it, all good by me. I would like to say top or castrate all rapists too, but then that brings us back to the "what about the innocents issues? 33% of rapists (in America) get exonerated after DNA. Conversely, 97% of rapists don't spend a day in jail. Women drop out for reasons you can't even begin to understand and then you have issues like Rotherham where authorities plain refuse to do anything because the attackers are all Muslims. It's a f*^ked up World we live in.

Women drop out for reasons you can't even begin to understand .......

I'm thinking false accusations followed by no evidence being two of the primary reasons.

And you're right, I can't even begin to understand why a woman should think such a false accusation would be OK, probably because they know there will be no come back on them.

Remember that Australian girl (down south) that claimed she had been gang raped, then the video showed her being driven home by m/c taxi?

Shouldn't she have got the same jail sentence as the persons she falsely accused (5-10 years)?

Don't get me wrong, I think violent assault (of any type) should get a mandatory 10 years hard labor.

But false accusations should be given the same sentence.

Let's have equal justice for men and women.

I'm thinking false accusations followed by no evidence being two of the primary reasons.

And you're right, I can't even begin to understand why a woman should think such a false accusation would be OK, probably because they know there will be no come back on them.

False accusations is one reason. Pressure from the court proceedings is another - women frequently get verbally abused by the defending lawyers, their lives are pulled apart, their privacy shattered. Husbands bully them into quitting too as sometimes the husband can't take the pressure. Then there are the nasty bitches that falsely accuse. Interesting point is that some women have been charged with the false accusations but normally it's "wasting police time" or some bs

Just the other day I was watching a documentary (4 corners??? not sure) with the NGO money addiction to support a wellknown Meh (mother) who supported (too) young prostitutes.

It was a documentary with a big cloud of fraud and of deception even collective story telling in Cambodia.

Whatever the CEO mother threw in the ring, tears, own abused childhood and many other well known stories she couldn't take away the outright feeling of scamming the whole world on a subject so damaging as child abuse.

I don't know this mans case, as i know little of the Gary Glitter Saga, who was untouchable in the UK but suddenly found to be in sight in Vietnam.....and thus extradicted to the UK where .he will proberbly die in a UK prison.

Abusing children is a capital crime to my honest opinion, victims must be professionally supervised, but there is the REAL problem with organisations jumping in the pool of charity and donor support without knowledge, experience and background, yet perpatrators must be found no matter what or who including the children.

Please note that my comment is excluded from the great efforts bonafide organisations make to trace, gather evidence, check-double check and arrrest to convict sex offenders as they should.

Its the gray area and money cult in relation to this subject i am worried about.

a wonderful world for opportunists from all walks of life.

Just the other day I was watching a documentary (4 corners??? not sure) with the NGO money addiction to support a wellknown Meh (mother) who supported (too) young prostitutes.

It was a documentary with a big cloud of fraud and of deception even collective story telling in Cambodia.

Whatever the CEO mother threw in the ring, tears, own abused childhood and many other well known stories she couldn't take away the outright feeling of scamming the whole world on a subject so damaging as child abuse.

I don't know this mans case, as i know little of the Gary Glitter Saga, who was untouchable in the UK but suddenly found to be in sight in Vietnam.....and thus extradicted to the UK where .he will proberbly die in a UK prison.

Abusing children is a capital crime to my honest opinion, victims must be professionally supervised, but there is the REAL problem with organisations jumping in the pool of charity and donor support without knowledge, experience and background, yet perpatrators must be found no matter what or who including the children.

Please note that my comment is excluded from the great efforts bonafide organisations make to trace, gather evidence, check-double check and arrrest to convict sex offenders as they should.

Its the gray area and money cult in relation to this subject i am worried about.

a wonderful world for opportunists from all walks of life.

Unfortunately, this story has nothing to do with pedophiles.

All the girls were of legal age in Cambodia.

So your post is entirely irrelevant.

complicated and foolish to go somewhere and try to make business where you can not control the situation.

coffee1.gif

I've lived in Thailand and now Cambodia and if you want a quiet life, you have to accept that it's different here. Keep your head down, be careful who you associate with, be sensible and there should be no problem. Stick your head over the parapet and yes there's a chance someone will take a pot shot. I've lived all over SE Asia and the basic rules are the same in every country, Cambodia is no different - you can't behave like the locals and you're not invincible just because you're a 'wealthy' foreigner.

That said, one man's meat.......

Archived