Home Made Green Bean Stew

thaigerd

post-12326-1125649178_thumb.jpg[attachmen

=14893:attachment]Noth

ng to do this afternoon and a bit tired to going out for dinner all the time I've cooked a Green Beef Stew with beef and pork meat balls.

Here's my basic recipe for it:

First of all I had to buy a new big pot :o the one I used to have is "borrowed" by a good friend and as usual never came back.........

My ingredients:

Beef shank, from TOPS

Minced pork, TOPS

Potatoes, carrots, celery, leeks, bacon, green beans,onions, some old white bread(for the meat balls).

Put the beef and some veggies in cold water with some salt, Knorr Beef and bay leaves and simmer about 2 hours. Meanwhile prepare the meat balls, slice the bacon in small dices, and cut all the vegetables. When the beef is soft enough take it out together with the veggies.

Now you add all the other ingredients into your basic beef stock and simmer it untill soft enough, add the meat balls and the sliced beef cubes to finish them in your stew. When frying the sliced bacon add some flour and burn it for a while with the crispy bacon, it thickens the stew a bit.

I could not get any fresh parsley today otherwise I would have finished the stew with chopped fresh parsley.

Here are some pix from the making of......

Good friend of mine is already on his way to my house to get his "share".

Looks great Gerd! Heard that you are an excellent Chef. Any other recipes for culinary delights you care to share would be most appreciated. :D

Many more things to share, no problem :D

Such a bean stew is a culinary delight for me(apart from a good cooked Thaifood).

Wife just reheating one for me, another 20 something in the freezer. This weekend no homecooking for me have to work for a big food presentation on Monday.

Spending my days off next week on a Thai fish trawler, want to see how they catch fish.

A bit nervous cause they are going into Burmese waters and carry guns with them :o

My wife said:"Don't worry, just leave your ATM at home...........".

In case I'm coming back next cooking session next week.

Gerd

Looks great Gerd! Heard that you are an excellent Chef. Any other recipes for culinary delights you care to share would be most appreciated. :D

Many more things to share, no problem :D

Such a bean stew is a culinary delight for me(apart from a good cooked Thaifood).

Wife just reheating one for me, another 20 something in the freezer. This weekend no homecooking for me have to work for a big food presentation on Monday.

Spending my days off next week on a Thai fish trawler, want to see how they catch fish.

A bit nervous cause they are going into Burmese waters and carry guns with them :D

My wife said:"Don't worry, just leave your ATM at home...........".

In case I'm coming back next cooking session next week.

Gerd

OOoops perfect timing Gerd! Would be interested in a trip report :o