non imm-b renewal?

in a few days i will have my last working day with my current company and my new contract with another company starts on the 15th of July.actually my current company have to void my work permit and visa and my new company has to provide the necessary paper work and i have to fly to KL to get a new non imm.

how can i avoid all this hassle and how long can i still stay in the country?

btw can i switch in the mean time to a tourist visa?

Ubonjoe please help....

Edited by Crazy chef 1

If your current employer was cooperative and would date your termination letter to a later date you could possibley be able to get a new extension on the date of termination when you current extension is cancelled.

Your new employer would have to apply for a work permit and obtain a letter of approval for it and then then with that and company documents so you could apply for the extension.

If not you will need to cancel your current extension and leave the country. If possible you could take the termination letter a few days before the date on it and immigration would post date the cancellation.

You could just do a border run for a visa exempt entry and apply for the work permit and then go out for the non-b after you get the application approval letter.

I don't recommend going to KL for any visa. They have become unpredictable for their requirement to get one.

I went to KL early this month for a single non-b, everything was in check, but they were giving many many many people a lot of headache and trouble - I checked their posted requirements from the embassy entrance the day before (for example the size of the photo was changed from the standard elsewhere to now 4x6), came fully suited up (man was it hot), had my papers in a well prepared stack, and think I received the best treatment comparatively - no issues on my part, so I can say I was lucky - saw dozens of people scrambling to get new photocopies, passport photos etc during my wait -> and those that wore plain t-shirts and shorts, or short skirts with tops were the primary target of getting hassles on the counter.

I'd suggest Penang over KL anyday for "more lax" approach :)

If your current employer was cooperative and would date your termination letter to a later date you could possibley be able to get a new extension on the date of termination when you current extension is cancelled.

Your new employer would have to apply for a work permit and obtain a letter of approval for it and then then with that and company documents so you could apply for the extension.

If not you will need to cancel your current extension and leave the country. If possible you could take the termination letter a few days before the date on it and immigration would post date the cancellation.

You could just do a border run for a visa exempt entry and apply for the work permit and then go out for the non-b after you get the application approval letter.

I don't recommend going to KL for any visa. They have become unpredictable for their requirement to get one.

You could add my Single non-B (not teaching) from Kuala Lumpur to the latest visa approvals - date was 2nd June 2015. Nothing really special regarding the docs, except 4x6 sized visa photos stated in the board for pre-requisites, and scrutiny of dress code high.

Update

Just back from immigration.

Due that I be married I got a 60 days extension of my Non Imm-B visa based on marriage.

Required documents:

Application form

Both passports

Marriage certificate

Both partners have to apply in person

Tabien baan

1900 thb

15 minutes later hassle free done

Update

Just back from immigration.

Due that I be married I got a 60 days extension of my Non Imm-B visa based on marriage.

Required documents:

Application form

Both passports

Marriage certificate

Both partners have to apply in person

Tabien baan

1900 thb

15 minutes later hassle free done

Hope you don't have a problem getting your new WP issued with you being on this particular category of extension.

In my area (Phuket) Labour have refused in the past to issue WPs against this particular category of extension (Case 2.24 327/2557), despite the precursor being a non immigrant 'B' Visa 90 day entry.

Solution in that case was to obtain a fresh 90 day Single Entry Non Immigrant 'B' Visa outside of Thailand.

Good luck.

Just like the OP, I will be starting a new job on 15 July. I'm currently on a Tourist visa and my company told me Malaysia is the best option. I will fly to KL and apply for a non-B later this week. I will stay through the weekend since I've never been and would like to explore the culture. I've taken note of everyones advice on this thread and it is much appreciated smile.png I will post my results when everything is done.

Just like the OP, I will be starting a new job on 15 July. I'm currently on a Tourist visa and my company told me Malaysia is the best option. I will fly to KL and apply for a non-B later this week. I will stay through the weekend since I've never been and would like to explore the culture. I've taken note of everyones advice on this thread and it is much appreciated smile.png I will post my results when everything is done.

You would be well advised to try elsewhere (Penang is fine with the correct paper work).

KL have for more than a year now have been extremely difficult.

Problem started after a large number of visa stickers were stolen from KL and started appearing in dodgy passports; Thai MFA have sat on this Consular facility like a ton of bricks so you would do well to avoid this particular place like the plague.

Edited by digitalchromakey
  • Like 1

You would be well advised to try elsewhere (Penang is fine with the correct paper work).

Problem started after a large number of visa stickers were stolen from KL and started appearing in dodgy passports; Thai MFA have sat on this Consular facility like a ton of bricks so you would do well to avoid this particular place like the plague.

Thanks for tip and insight smile.png

Unfortunately, the BOI letter and invitation my company provided are addressed to the consulate in Kuala Lumpur. I have spent the past few days over preparing for this. This will be the last time I visit this location because of all the different reports of being hassled. My company has been sending all foreign employees to KL all year and none have had any problems thus far. I assume they are very familiar with how this consulate operates, but you never know, the officers are always unpredictable. I'd like to assume that they are also familiar with my company from previous visas being issued. Again, very unpredictable and you never know, they could easily change their attitudes if they are in a bad mood for any reason.

I will keep my fingers crossed and hope it works out. Thanks again for your input and I will definitely take yours and everyone else's advice moving forward smile.png

Unfortunately, the BOI letter and invitation my company provided are addressed to the consulate in Kuala Lumpur. I have spent the past few days over preparing for this. This will be the last time I visit this location because of all the different reports of being hassled. My company has been sending all foreign employees to KL all year and none have had any problems thus far. I assume they are very familiar with how this consulate operates, but you never know, the officers are always unpredictable. I'd like to assume that they are also familiar with my company from previous visas being issued. Again, very unpredictable and you never know, they could easily change their attitudes if they are in a bad mood for any reason.

I will keep my fingers crossed and hope it works out. Thanks again for your input and I will definitely take yours and everyone else's advice moving forward smile.png

Good luck and please let us know as to how it goes; I suspect that as you are with a BOI Company, then providing the paperwork is good, it should not be too much of a problem.

Small tip, KL Consular Facility have been reported, once or twice, as being particularly hard on applicants who were quite casually dressed, so shirt, long trousers and shoes would be advisable.

• Like 1

Good luck and please let us know as to how it goes; I suspect that as you are with a BOI Company, then providing the paperwork is good, it should not be too much of a problem.

Small tip, KL Consular Facility have been reported, once or twice, as being particularly hard on applicants who were quite casually dressed, so shirt, long trousers and shoes would be advisable.

Thank you, I will definitely let everyone know tomorrow when I get back to my hotel. LOL I'm one step ahead, I brought my suit along with me. I will at the very least show up with a shirt and tie. Now that I am here, I'll go explore and get the most out of this city :) Thanks again for the tips!

Hello everyone,

As promised, I'd give an update of my experience:

First and foremost, my non-B visa was approved without any issues. It took them at most 10 minutes minutes to look through my paperwork and told me to pick up my visa on Monday. I came well prepared with my paperwork and maybe a little over prepared lol. They gave a lot of it back to me. I saw many people going back and forth between the counter for additional paperwork etc. The lady I dealt with was super serious, thankfully she was quick and easy on me. There was nothing friendly about her or any of the others to be quite honest.

They only asked me for ONE photo (always bring 2), not sure why it was different for me. As others have mentioned before, appearance seems to be a big thing for them. And I witnessed that first hand today. Showing up in flip flops and shorts is ill advised, even jeans and t-shirts. I saw at least 5 people leaving very upset (all fitting the descriptions I just mentioned). Dressing professional (dress slacks, shirt, and tie) appears to have worked in my favor...I was probably the quickest person to get processed. As I was leaving one guy even asked how I got processed so quickly, because he was there long before I was.

Well, there you have it. I'll echo what many people have been saying for a long time. I wouldn't advise anyone to visit this location, the whole vibe in there is intense. Few of us have been lucky, but you're better off going somewhere else.

Now that I don't have to stress anymore, I can go and enjoy KL for the weekend smile.png

Edited by obobby28