The Reading Fc Thread

ThaiPauly

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know you wont believe me but i wish the playoff draw would have been reordered so that neither of us had to go out and we had met later. Best wishes Royals

al

I understand the feeling of being so high in the Division only to see your side lose form and slowly slip down.

It happenend to The Blades in the 2003 season , we were top for a real good run ,then even lost out on a play off position.

I think that the goal in the first leg must have given Burnley a defensive stance which would have made threatening on the

break. Anyway you have to say that the best team won in the end.

Reading stay down............and The Blades will see that Burnley will too :)

Edited by soihok

Well thats it :D

I am pleased for burnley, they showed character and fight, and from what I have heard scored two great goals..fair play.

It says something about our team when we decide to play a lad who made one substitute appearence in a cup game as first choice striker.

I am pleased that Coppell has gone, and it is no surprise.

He has done a wonderful job at Reading and been our most successful manager ever, but he has run out of ideas and its time for a fresh face.

I am really hoping that Alan Curbishly takes over, he would be mine and many other Reading fans favourite to manage our team.

11 home games without a win, until Xmas we had the best home record in all 4 divisions...what went wrong????

I expect a mass exodus of players now, and most of them I will be glad to see the back of.

Hunt

Doyle

Duberry

Murty (good player but past his sell by date)

Kitson (although on loan we wont keep him-sorry Stoke)

Little ( ditto )

Kebe

Lita

That lot is probably worth 8m at the most, what will the Chairman do with the money.....keep it like he always does !

That means we will be relying on our young players, some of whom are very good, but its time to ditch the old guard who served us well for two seasons, two seasons ago. :)

It seems a long time ago now that we were beating West Ham 6-0 drawing at Man Utd and Chelsea, and finishing 8th in the Premier League.

History, but I was lucky enough to live in those glorious days.....it will be a long time before we see them again (sigh) :D

Thanks to those who have said complimentary things about Reading ......as I ride off into the sunset I will remember those few kind words

TP

Realy feel for Reading fans as you were a decent side in the Premiership for a while and i liked your style of football.Shame our man Kitson couldnt be arsed to run after a ball for you,as i thought he could have scored a few goals.

The problem you have now is keeping the momentum as many temas who have just failed in the playoffs have a downward spiral.

GOOD LUCK READING

Or Neil Neil Orange peel Warnock..........good god...Can you imagine the introduction ? Wally would be over the moon.

I stand by your comments Patklang.

We have to give a great deal of respect to Reading,,big club with a lot of talent,,,shame it,s gone pear shaped .

I,m not saying any more .....................

Other than............

I,m sorry for your loss Reading......I know how it feels ,,,,,and ,,,,,,,,,hey! Its not over for the Blades also

I expect a mass exodus of players now, and most of them I will be glad to see the back of.

Hunt

Doyle

Duberry

Murty (good player but past his sell by date)

Kitson (although on loan we wont keep him-sorry Stoke)

Little ( ditto )

Kebe

Lita

Well 3 of them have been shown the door

Murty

Duberry

Lita

Plus Hanneman who has been our first choice keeper for 6 years , he's getting old, but should not have a problem finding a new club for a couple more seasons, he was a good servant, as was Murty who had been at the club 11 years.

Wally Downes and Kevin Dillon have been sacked to make way for the new manager to bring in his own team, which is not unusual.

• 3 weeks later...

There is a press conference at Reading this afternoon.

I have it on good authority that our ex-acadamy manager and current Watford manager Brendan Rogers has got the job.

Jose Mouriniho said that if he ever returned to English football he would want Rogers as his assistant manager, so thats quite an acolade.

He knows the players very well, especially the ones he took through the accadamy to the first team.

Not a bad appointment, though I believe our first choice was Fergie's son Darren, but he turned us down.

Still most Reading fans are happy with Rogers...considering McClown was also in the frame...God hope I'm right about this

• 4 months later...

A quarter of the season gone and we are not where I thought we would be in the league.

A win against Coventry yesterday was a boost, but we sit one place above the relegation places.

No home wins since January 11th...a club record, no wonder we are where we are.

It's gonna be a long and I fear disappointing season, but considering we only have 1 player who featured in our last win at home I suppose it should not really surprise me. :)

The new man is cutting his teeth and w just have to give him time. He is no fool and believes he is building something good for the future.

I do hope so :D

The new man is cutting his teeth and w just have to give him time. He is no fool and believes he is building something good for the future.

If he'd have chosen his words more carefully and said "building something better for the future" then he couldn't have gone far wrong. :)

• 2 months later...

Speechless Moss....I hope you enjoyed the malt.

I am bleary eyed, but possibly the happiest man in Thailand today.

A goal down in injury time and we beat the "Mighty Reds" at Anfield

Pure fantasy.

I do have some sympathy for Liverpool fans though, it's not their fault the way the team is performing, they could not beat a team 21st in the Championship over two games who have not won in 5 previous league games.....there is a lot "not right" at Anfield right now.

We are NOT a great team anymore...not at the moment but this result could see our season turn around.

• 1 month later...

Not that much to shout about these days, but when we drew Liverpool in the FA Cup first round I really thought that we would not progress any further.

Now, not two months later we find ourselves in the quarter finals for the first tiime since 1927:)

As with Liverpool I really thought we had blown our chance of progressing when we lost a goal 3 minutes from time against West Brom to draw the first game of this round.

But what a great match to win the replay 3-2 after being 2-1 down in normal stoppage time :)

Villa up next at home, anything can happen. we are the only team left outside the Premier League, and we are on a roll.

Edited by ThaiPauly

• 1 month later...