The Reading Fc Thread

ThaiPauly

Hold yer horses Pauly.

We all know that Reading are playing better than Sheff U.

But

Portsmouth were lucky to escape with a draw and the Arse lost.

Its not over till its over .

May the best team win.

I wish I could be there ,be it aint going to happen.

Cheers

Tomorrows game is gonna be a tough , kick ass afair.

Remember last year at our place and last year at yours?

Both close affairs...we scored a contraversial last minute winner at home ...which really upset Mr.W and then we missed a last minute penalty at yours... so I guess things evened out.

I sure am looking forward to it..again this year its another big game for both of us.

I wish you luck and yes, may the best team triumph

TP

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6th in the table, a solid performance against Sheffield today, even Fergie was watching us, as we are his opponants next week. Fastest Premiership goal of the season today

We CAN be a force to be reckoned with I feel, but I would still be happy with 17th spot.

We HAD to win today as our next games are against Man United, West Ham , Chelsea, Arsenal and Pompey :o

Not many points coming our way over the next 4 weeks....but U never know.

Any other Royals fans...PLEASE add your comments here, same goes for any Reading admirers, of which I know there are many.

Come on UR'ssssssssssssss :D

I have a soft spot for Reading as I had a trial for them when I was 15, it's great to see them in with the big boys and I reckon they are doing great guns!!!!

6th in the table, a solid performance against Sheffield today, even Fergie was watching us, as we are his opponants next week. Fastest Premiership goal of the season today

We CAN be a force to be reckoned with I feel, but I would still be happy with 17th spot.

We HAD to win today as our next games are against Man United, West Ham , Chelsea, Arsenal and Pompey :o

Any other Royals fans...PLEASE add your comments here, same goes for any Reading admirers, of which I know there are many.

I have a soft spot for Reading as I had a trial for them when I was 15, it's great to see them in with the big boys and I reckon they are doing great guns!!!!

Really?

How long was your trial?

Was it at Elm Park or the Mad Stad?

You may well have met my eldest Son who used to be there (1996-2001)

Well done..respect due where its due,

Listening to the game on the radio,,,,Sheff U were well out played.

Things not too good now,,,down at the bottom.

I look to next week when we will beat Fulham

Well done..respect due where its due,

Listening to the game on the radio,,,,Sheff U were well out played.

Things not too good now,,,down at the bottom.

I look to next week when we will beat Fulham

Would not be right if the game with Sheff Utd did not have its controvesy.

The football was not really that great to watch...its all the goings -on off the ball that I enjoy :o Fastest sending off in the EPL yesterday..the fastest goal in the EPL when we played you away...whats next I wonder?

Hope you stay up ... beat Fulham next time out eh? I really enjoy our games...and I dont mean that just becuase we have not been beaten by you since...I cant remember :D

They are more like darbys ...the players and the managers know each other so well.

Thanks for being a sportsman.

Reading now 7th and with the easy looking run-in we have now there must be an outside chance of European Football now....although that does not really concern me...West Ham acheive that last year and look at them now...I will still settle for 17th!

Dave Kitson was supposed to play his first game since the opening day of the season ...but fell over a baloon in the warm up and injured himself again...what can you say about his luck...when he was last ready to come back he got appenditice 2 days before the game... and then injured himself again in training once he had recovered from the operation. That guy is so darn unlucky...the season could be over before he gets the chance to kick another ball !!

Edited by ThaiPauly

Kiss of death will be coming up again for Stevie Coppell next week I reckon.

manager of the month award AGAIN...in January we have won every game (including two in the cup) and only drawn one.

If we beat Wigan on tuesday I reckon it will be his again,

Problem is..he has won it EVERY OTHER MONTH...we then go the following month without a win!!!!

I do hope that somebody else gets it.

anybody see the game last night.?

Dave Kitson looks like a Baked Bean !!

Plus I have never seen such smiling going on from both sets of players in such a crucial match...everyone seemed to be grinning.

great for the game when playes behave like that.....I think the 20m rated Matty Upson was the only one not smiling and for good reason.

20m...he's only worth 6 TOPS....umm not bottle tops !!!

Royals wrap up Duberry deal

By Alex Livie - Created on 31 Jan 2007

Reading have added to their defensive options by swooping to sign Michael Duberry from Stoke.

The Royals have made an excellent transition to life in the Premiership and are well placed to push on for a place in Europe in the second half of the season.

Reading have all but secured their place in the top flight for next term, but manager Steve Coppell is not looking to rest on his laurels as he has brought in Duberry to add some experience to his squad.

Coppell agreed an undisclosed fee for the 31-year-old and Duberry has put his name to an 18-month deal.

Reading took advantage of a clause in Duberry's contract which allowed him to move to a Premiership club and The Royals have expressed delight at wrapping up the deal.

Royals director of football Nick Hammond said: "Michael is a very experienced centre-half who has played at the highest level, including nearly 150 Premiership appearances and a European final.

"This season he has captained a Stoke team which has the best defensive record in the Championship, and we think this is a very sensible signing which gives us additional quality as we enter the final stages of the season."

Not my favourite player in the world, what do youz think....? Happy....?

redrus

NOW I AM CONVINCED WE ARE STAYING UP :o

Not only that TP, but apparently playing with style too.

It does help having a fine Irish striker mind, 8 goals now isn't it!

Good Luck

Moss

Thanks Moss...Kevin Doyle..Premiership's joint top scorer..cost 120,000 pounds :D

At 22 I wonder what he would be valued at now?

Well, we beat Wigan, again after going a goal down. Bad luck with the FA cup draw Man Utd at Old Trafford ...... but if any team can beat them on their own turf, I'd tip Reading as they have a gung ho go for it attitude and I'll certainly be cheering them on!!!!!!!!!

Really?

How long was your trial?

Was it at Elm Park or the Mad Stad?

You may well have met my eldest Son who used to be there (1996-2001)

I had my trial in 1972 long before the new ground was even thought of.

I'm an oldie I guess

We did it again at Man City!!!!!!!! Up to 6th place now and knocking on the door to Europe

anyone wanna have a straight 100.000 bt bet with me on the Man U Reading game?

Yes....! :o

redrus

No takers on that bet yet, this may sway your decision....!

Wayne Rooney is suspended for United’s FA Cup fifth-round tie at home to Reading a week tomorrow, having picked up his fifth yellow card of the season.

redrus :o

Pauly,,,,,17 th place.!

What a remarkable season Reading are having and after a total domination of the Championship last year every football fan has to admire the achievement of Reading.

Good to see Reading stuffing Aston Villa..

Good on yers .

A true success story

An example for Sheff U to follow

Edited by soihok

Thank You Moss.

however I feel United will be too good for us once again at home. Although we only lost 3-2 up there (last time we lost actually) the result flattered to decieve, we were 3-1 down until wel into injury time.

However I read something on Sky Sports that said that if the EPL had started on January 1st then Reading would top it !

I dont think it will be a walkover, even though seven of the players we put out against Villa last week will not start as Coppell still belives that we are not safe from relegation! I reckon 2-0 or 3-1...but I would "love it " if I am wrong, "love it"!!!! ha ha he he.

Good luck Redrus

Great result for the Royals!

TP, it was lucky I had the beer in my left hand because I struck the air with my right.

Great save at the death from Larsson, but we shall see in the replay.

Unlucky Red, but Ronaldo seems to have more tricks than is good for him.

O.K Oxford will take him off your hands.

Good Luck to both in the replay.

Moss

Thank You Moss.

I never gave us a cat in h-lls chance...but its the FA Cup!!

However it was very poor finishing from United that gives us a real chance of an upset when United come to the Mad Stad.

Sometimes Ronaldo makes difficult ball control look easy and easy footwork look hard..he really should have scored at least once..touch wood he did not

Thank You Moss.

However it was very poor finishing from United that gives us a real chance of an upset when United come to the Mad Stad.

Sometimes Ronaldo makes difficult ball control look easy and easy footwork look hard..he really should have scored at least once..touch wood he did not

Solskjaer, offside....!

Well done mate. :o

redrus

Thank You Moss.

Solskjaer, offside....!

Well done mate. :D

Nah Red...we got away with that one :o

redrus

Oster confident of finishing the job

Feb 22 2007 From ICBerkshire.co.uk

JOHN Oster believes Reading can go one better and dump Manchester United out of the FA Cup in Tuesday night's televised replay.

Oster played a key role in the 1-1 draw at Old Trafford last Saturday and it was from his corner that Brynjar Gunnarsson headed Reading's equaliser.

Steve Coppell received plenty of flak for his team selection in that game and he is likely to pick an almost identical side for the replay.

Oster, who started in central-midfield, said: "When you make seven changes people think it's a reserve side but they were all experienced players coming in.

"It was far from a weak team. We had something like 10 internationals in there but people jumped on the bandwagon and it was great to prove them wrong.

"There's a lot of depth in our squad. Key players have been injured and Kevin Doyle and Ibrahima Sonko (who undergoes an operation on his injured knee today) are missing at the moment.

"But others have slotted in nicely as they did last year when we won the title by a mile.

"We don't rely on any individual. Andre Bikey has replaced Sonks and done really well and Leroy Lita and Shane Long have been banging in the goals since Kevin has been out.

"So I think it will be a very similar team, although the manager may tinker with it."

But the 28-year-old ex-Wales international added: "It would be nice to play two up front as we're at home which would give us more attacking options.

"Dave Kitson did it on his own at Old Trafford. When we got the ball it was hard for him to find space against four defenders.

"But it was a proper FA Cup tie and we showed we weren't there just to make up the numbers.

"Bigger clubs than us have got nothing at Old Trafford. We can take confidence from that, but the replay will still be difficult, especially if the likes of Wayne Rooney play.

"Saying that, it's a one-off game and anything can happen on the night."

If the teams are still locked together after 90 minutes the fifth round tie will go to extra-time and penalties.

The winners will earn a quarter-final away to either Middlesbrough or West Brom who face a replay at the Hawthorns.

Coppell said: "The fact we got a draw at United shows how seriously we took it. This is the team who in 14 home league games have only lost to Arsenal and drawn with Chelsea.

"It was a mammoth task for us. We came out with a good result but it's still going to be a big test on Tuesday."

redrus

Did you know that for every point that Reading have accumulated this eason based on the price of the squad the cost has been 120,000 GBP per point.

The cost of each point Chelsea have accumulated this season is 3.2m GBP based on the same formula!!

Well I never !

United unfortunatley just had too much class for us...I am not complaining about the result..it was very difficult for us to come from 3-0 down after SIX minutes...but the boys battled hard and pride was restored..I thought they did AMAZINGLY well to reduce to eventual deficit to just 1 goal !!!

United unfortunatley just had too much class for us...I am not complaining about the result..it was very difficult for us to come from 3-0 down after SIX minutes...but the boys battled hard and pride was restored..I thought they did AMAZINGLY well to reduce to eventual deficit to just 1 goal !!!

Great game, great spectacle.

Played in a great manner and spirit.

I've said before if we were to go out, let be to Reading, now we have to win it....! :o

Much respect to Steve Coppell and Chris Coleman, for our hardest games this season.

redrus