• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:o

Federici calm despite defeat

By Lewis Rutledge -Sky Created on 1 Mar 2007

Adam Federici insists he will not dwell on his performance against Manchester United.

The Australian goalkeeper conceded three times inside the opening six minutes as Reading lost Tuesday's FA Cup fifth round replay 3-2.

He admits he was at fault for United's first two goals but feels there is no need to worry unduly about the mistakes.

"Of course I'm disappointed but I can't allow myself to get too down about it, I was just a bit unlucky," he said.

Federici also praised his team-mates for fighting back from their awful start to almost force extra-time.

"We could have laid down after that start and let United run all over us," he commented.

"But we showed great courage and attitude to come back to 3-2 and made it one hel_l of a game."

redrus

• 3 weeks later...

READING DON'T WANT EUROPEAN FOOTBALL

Stevie coppell has come out and said that he sees European Football as apotentila distraction next season and does not feel the club are ready for it :o

He points to the likes of West Ham who got into Europe last year and says he does not want to have fixture congestion etc...just concentrate on Staying in the Premiership.

He did say however after yesterdays goalless draw with Portsmouth that Reading would try and win as many of their 8 remaining games as possible.

Personally I find this hard to understand...he could play his reserves like he does in the Cup Competitions which he does not care about either...but to say you don't want European football just does not make any sense to me....the supporters want it for sure.

If we don't get it..(and my prediction is that we will get 55 points..enough to qualify) then we may well lose our beat player Steve Sidwell as he has come out and said that if we qualify for europe he may well stay!

Still how can I critisise SC after all he has done for the club...I am just a blind follower and have every faith in his decisions..I was dissappointed that Bikey was not in the starting line up yesterday but Duberry did a great job and we did not conceed for the first time in a month

But I really would like to see us in Europe :D

But I really would like to see us in Europe :D

Me too, you have gained another supporter this year TP, although I don't really follow football to a great degree, hence my supporting of the Yellows :o but I would like to see the Royals in Europe and believe the experience will do them nothing but good.

Good Luck

Moss

• 3 weeks later...

How we could play absolute rubbish for 80 minutes away at Bolton and then win 3-1 is absolutley amazing !!

Inspired substitutions by Coppell once again won the day.

7th now and only Watford and Newcastle at home with Blackburn away...Europe beckons despite Coppell's idea that it will not be good for us!

6 more points from a possible 9 should be enough.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I must say I am astounded!

He actually only started ONE game ..against Spurs...gave away a penalty and we got beat 1-0 !

Smart business though...I'm not so sure..if we are planning to stay in the EPL I would have thought that keeping players like Halford would have been a priority...but he wants regular first team football and he can't get it yet...I thought we had invested in him for the future.????

He has the longest "Throw" in the Premiership as well....a throw in is as good as a corner when he's playing.

Anyway good luck to the boy.....he has amassed a transfer value of 5m already and nobody has hardly heard of him !

I do hope we will SPEND that money...plus some of the other 20m that the Chairman has said is available

• 1 month later...

Well as its been over a month and this topic is on page 3 :o I though as we have not made any signings I would just like to say that we have just beaten the French Champions Lyon 1-0 in the Peace Cup in Korea. :D

A great result

Reason for Edit: I can't beleive we beat them using half our second team and 4 youth team players.

The coming season looks good already

Edited by ThaiPauly

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks Moss.

It was edge of the seat stuff. I was sitting in my restaurant watching the game with 15 Thai MU fans.

Great sports. :D

They even applauded when I jumped off my seat at the final whistle and kissed the badge on my shirt.

Probably lost a lot of customers there , but <deleted>.. :D

fantastic defensive display...if we can do it then so can others and you know the great thing about this result ....is that we did it with 10 players who were kicking off in the Championship this time 2 years ago.

Who says money buys sucesss ?

TEAMWORK rules. :o

Nice one Reading!

I,d like see ManU starting off the new season as they finsihed the last one,,thinking that they are too good ,and losing.

May have the money ,,,,,but as you say Pauly,,,,Team work rules.

Keep it up.

Nice one TP mate, you deserved it, hope you enjoyed it.... :o

redrus

Thank you Red,

Yes I did enjoy it thanks, I felt we got more battered than a Morcombe Cod though :D

Can't say I enjoyed the game, it was just a question of surviving the onslaught,watching it through slits in my fingers sometimes.

Not many teams will be able to frustrate you like we did though, Coppell is such a brilliant tactician, and has been a football manager as long as Fergie, although much younger I suppose you could make a worse appointment than him to replace AF when he eventually retires, but if RK keeps going the way he is then its a done deal already IMHO

TP

Nice one TP mate, you deserved it, hope you enjoyed it.... :o

redrus

Thank you Red,

Yes I did enjoy it thanks, I felt we got more battered than a Morcombe Cod though :D

Can't say I enjoyed the game, it was just a question of surviving the onslaught,watching it through slits in my fingers sometimes.

Not many teams will be able to frustrate you like we did though, Coppell is such a brilliant tactician, and has been a football manager as long as Fergie, although much younger I suppose you could make a worse appointment than him to replace AF when he eventually retires, but if RK keeps going the way he is then its a done deal already IMHO

Let's hope we can have chelsea tonight!!!!!

TP

Good luck TP, hope you guys take some points off Moronio and his boys tonight.

Sorry to let you down. :o

We let ourselves down :D

We were cruising at half time..should have wrapped up the points in the first half.

But thats football, and all credit to Chelsea for getting the win

Sorry to let you down. :D

We were cruising at half time..should have wrapped up the points in the first half.

Well, after having had a look at Reading twice now this season I will say that my early prediction of the Drop is looking rather foolish :o Very unlucky, but was a typical Chelsea display, i.e. just doing enough :D

Sorry to let you down. :o

Unlucky last night mate, you are a hard team to play against, unlucky not to get a second when you hit the bar! I predict a top 10 finish for the Royals this season. What's going on with Bikey's celebrations? even when he comes on as a sub he really laps up the adulation!! :D

See:

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/..._Nightlead.html

Apparently during this match the Reading player almost broke the leg of his opponent.

The facts speak for themselves.

Maybe the broadcasters ought to give a "viewer discretion" warning before showing any game involving Reading.

Have a nice day,

:D

I intend to thanks :o

A very poor performance against Bolton.

Coppell is bemoaning the midweek Internationals ...but didn't every club have players on International duty last week?

4 games, 2 goals and niether from strikers....he now has to see that he just not have the strenghth in depth to compete at such a high level.

Shane Long, while a good workhorse is just not EPL material unlike his Iish compatriate Doyle.

Lita never started, and was an ineffective substiture, Kitson was still suspended, but has yet to prove himself at this level anyway.

When they are all fit our defence is tight, but only one of our regular defenders was available yesterday, but thats no excuse if you don't have quality players for in depth cover.

We need some quality players and quick...Mr.C ...you have 6 days The Chairman has already said there was 20m in the kitty, well selling Halford raised the money spent on Cisse and Fai...so its still 20m.......for Christ's sake SPEND IT.

Oh and please sell that donkey Soel...he just does not love the badge :o