Telenor Myanmar Ltd launches 'call me' text service

Telenor Myanmar Ltd launches 'call me' text service

YANGON: Telenor Myanmar Ltd has introduced upgrades to its 'call me back' service, as part of its mission to dominate the growing mobile market.

The service means customers who run out of mobile credit can send "call me back" messages to friends or family by dialling "*1*09 [other party's number]#". The other person will receive an SMS stating "Please call me back", in both Myanmar and English.

There will be no charge and limits for dialling the code, and the service can be used to send messages to mobile phones across all Myanmar's networks.

"Customers in Myanmar can always trust that Telenor will offer the most affordable mobile internet and voice services, with simple and transparent plans," said Sharad Mehrotra, chief marketing officer of Telenor.

"We first introduced the service in September 2014 and have now simplified this offering and also made it possible for messages to be sent to mobile subscribers across all networks.

"This service also complements our existing 'kyo thone' [emergency credit] service, where customers can borrow Ks500 from Telenor when they run out of credit, and repay us at their next reload. Customers can now use the 'call me back' service, enabling them to always stay in touch with friends and family," Mehrotra added.

Telenor customers can subscribe to a variety of packages like digital music, agricultural and astrological services.

"We also have an SMS service to provide information for farmers, who form the bulk of Myanmar's population.

"Through these services, farmers can receive weather forecasts and agricultural and commodities prices over SMS. Telenor also has an app offering data packs and other services. We will continue to explore ways to develop new services," he added.

Telenor's network now covers Mandalay, Yangon, Sagaing, Bago, Magway, Ayeyawady, Kayin, Mon, Kachin, Shan and Nay Pyi Taw.

In the coming months, Telenor plans to expand its network to Kayah and Tanintharyi, and focus on quality and capacity improvements in key market centres.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-06-29

Archived