After International School - Back to the West or stay here

Hello,

I've done some calculating and it appears I can afford to put all 3 of my children through British International School in Phuket. However I still find myself contemplating whether to go back to the UK or stay in Thailand.

I spoke with one of the students at BIS, who is in his last year at BIS, and asked him what his plans were, he replied he would go to University in the UK and then after that find a job and work in the UK.

So I assume, it seems that most farang / luk krueng children studying at international schools in Thailand intend to return to the West/Europe to finish their education at University and start work.

But what about the parents ? what do us parents intend to do ? do we follow our children back to the UK or do we stay here ? if we stay here how do we feel about our children moving so far away from us, if we go back with them how do we feel about leaving Thailand to return to Europe ?

Regards

Arran

If your children have resided in Thailand for a long time I can only assume that they would be classed as international students when applying for universities in UK etc.That will add even more expense to the fees but they may have a better chance of acceptance due to International student quotas in each respective university.Would you not consider returning with them when they are in University and working in the UK until they are finished and on their own two feet? Then you could come back to Thai and resume your life here.Easier said than done of course! I'm sure there are excellent universities in Singapore or Hong Kong?? Or even consider online degrees??? Explore all options but be flexible.They will be almost adults by the time they reach university age so they will just need some guidance..

Archived