Chicago Deep Pan Pizza!

smokie36

And what is your point?

Its a pizza thread.....Chicago style pizza has never been seen here to my knowledge before....let's let the yanks try it and let us know.

I've never eaten it....so I want to know if its good before I try.

Just walked past Bangkok Betty on Suk Soi 22 and saw a notice in their window advertising this sumptuous delight.

Who's going to be the first to try this calorific nightmare?

Come on John you know you want to! ;)

I live nearby and I love pizza. I'll try and check it out this week.

OB

And what is your point?

Its a pizza thread.....Chicago style pizza has never been seen here to my knowledge before....let's let the yanks try it and let us know.

I've never eaten it....so I want to know if its good before I try.

if you want real american pizza, they have all types of crust....... Pastrami on rye in Jomtien....the real deal on pizza and sandwichs, american style

Sorry for exhibiting my ignorance but to sort out the terminology - What is the difference between New York and Chicago pizza(s). It is to do with the crust or the toppings or is it just intercity rivalry . There are not many pizzas i enjoy now except the Napples style with thin crust and basic ingredients on top.

What many people refer to when they say Chicago-style pizza is really more like a pie that is maybe an inch and a half thick (3cm) and usually the circumference of a dinner plate (approximately). Because it's thicker, it's usually made with a chunkier tomato sauce and more cheese.

New York-style pizza is generally larger in circumference, with a thin crust (but not Napoli thin), smoother tomato sauce, and in New York is often cut up into large slices and sold (by the slice) from a counter.

Archived