Documents Required - Conversion to Non-Imm 'O' in BKK.

Hi All,

I am unable to find an official list of documents required for undertaking a TR to Non-Imm 'O' conversion in Bangkok.

Would somebody with knowledge of such be able to assist me with a list of all doc's required ?

I am also confused with the TM86 / TM87 and which is required.

Thanking you all in advance,

Khun Dang.

If you are on a 60 day tourist visa entry you use the TM86 form. If on a visa exempt entry a TM87 form is used.

You will need to meet the financial proof of 800k baht in the bank on the date of application or an income of 65k baht or the combination of the.2 totaling 800k baht.

Ir using the money in the bank option you will need a letter from the bank confirming the funds came from abroad and a letter confirming the balance. And copies of your bank book.

For the 65k baht an income letter from your embassy is needed.

Copies of your passport photo page, visa (if any), entry/permit to stay stamp and TM6 departure card.

Thank you ubonjoe.

In relation to the bank figures you mention, this is a Non-Imm O Spouse, not a Non-Imm O Retirement application, so would the figure be 400K as opposed to the 800K you mentioned ?

I can assume also that marriage documents etc can be added to the list of docs you mentioned ?

Many thanks.

Sorry I assumed it was for retirement since you did not mention the basis for the change.

It will be 400k baht or 40k baht income.

You will need all the documents required to apply for an extension stay based upon marriage including having your wife with you when you apply.

I am on a visa exempt entry and will shortly be applying for a Non Imm O visa intending to retire.

I have had over Bt 1 million in a Thai bank account for years.

In 2005 I brought funds in to Thailand for a condo purchase and still have the documentation; does this satisfy the requirement that the funds come from outside Thailand, or do I have to transfer another Bt800k?

Thanks.

I am on a visa exempt entry and will shortly be applying for a Non Imm O visa intending to retire.

In 2005 I brought funds in to Thailand for a condo purchase and still have the documentation; does this satisfy the requirement that the funds come from outside Thailand, or do I have to transfer another Bt800k?

Thanks.

Having proof that the money has been in the bank that long they probably would not ask for proof it came from abroad.

Just take the proof you have from when you brought the money into the country in case they want it.

If you are on a visa exempt entry chances are that first you will need to extended that for 30 days (Bt 1900), than apply for conversion (Bt 2,000) and finally extension (Bt 1,900).

There is no requirement in the rules for the money to be "new", least time definitions. Bring full documents anyway but present them only if asked.

Thanks.

Yes... If you are applying at Chaengwattana Government Building you just go to your Bank in the basement under the immigration office and get a statement letter that your funds have been there for 2 months, at least for first application and 3 months for your next 1 year extension. However, if the balance has dropped below B800,000, even for one day, then you will be asked to come back when the deposit has aged two months without falling below B800,000. The proof of where the money came from is a help, if they ask, although they have never asked me for proof for my B800,000. As you are on a visa exempt entry they will issue you a NON-"O" stamped for Retirement ("For Chewit" in Thai) and probably give you a 3 month extension of stay and ask you to come back in 2 months. When you come back, you will need to pop down to the branch of your Thai bank in the basement for the letter stating that the B800,000+ has been untouched in your account for the last 2 months and then with the application form, bank letter and fee, you will get your 1 year extension of stay based on retirement. This will be back dated so that it will add only10 months to the 2 months you already will have been given. The letter from the Bank should always be dated the same day as you visit immigration otherwise they will not accept it, so best use the banks next to immigration.

Yes... If you are applying at Chaengwattana Government Building you just go to your Bank in the basement under the immigration office and get a statement letter that your funds have been there for 2 months, at least for first application and 3 months for your next 1 year extension. However, if the balance has dropped below B800,000, even for one day, then you will be asked to come back when the deposit has aged two months without falling below B800,000.

That is for an application starting from an existing non-imm visa. But for one starting from a visa conversion, there is actually no need for the funds to be aged at the beginning of the process, because the visa conversion will add a 90 day stay permit, during which the funds will age as required for the extension at the end of that.

Thanks guys.

Estrada, I thought that I needed confirmation of the Bt800k from the branch where the money is deposited, and this can be done the day before I go to Immigration at Changwattana? If not thanks for the info.

I agree the same day is safer, though that means potentially a longer time at Immigration if the bank is busy meaning I start the process later in the queue at immigration.

Paz, if you are right then I don't need to show the evidence of 800k on my first visit?

For a conversion you only need to show them deposited. Of course if you have them aged as well, won't hurt.