Thai ice cream company apologizes for celebrating US gay marriage with 'offensive' joke

webfact

Thai Ice Cream Company Apologizes for Celebrating US Gay Marriage With 'Offensive' Joke

By Khaosod English

1435566931_Walls-blackbean.jpg

BANGKOK — A ice cream company in Thailand has apologized for referencing a derogatory term for anal sex in a Facebook post intended to celebrate the US Supreme Court's landmark ruling to strike down all bans on same-sex marriage.

Over the weekend, Wall's Thailand, a subsidiary of the international ice cream brand Wall's, posted a photo of black bean flavored ice cream with the caption: "Wall's supports all form of love. #lovewins."

Many commentators on social media in Thailand were offended by post, as "black bean" is slang for anal sex in Thai, and often used to demean gay men.

According to an article published by Naewna newspaper in 2007, the term originated around 70 years ago when a man named black bean (tua dam in Thai) was arrested in 1935 for allegedly having anal sex with underage boys in Bangkok.

Several hours after a stream of furious comments began to surface on its Facebook page, Wall's Thailand removed the photo and replaced it with a new post featuring a rainbow colored popsicle.

However, commentators continued to demand an apology, leading the company to post a formal statement on their Facebook page yesterday morning.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1435566747

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-06-29

Australia has an ice cream called the GayTime (and the Golden Gay Time). Straight people can eat them as well.

If you have too many of these Gay Times.. you will get carpet burn...

I learn something new every day in Thailand. I will mention black beans in Thai to my lovely wife and watch her face! giggle.gif

My wife just broke out laughing.clap2.gifcheesy.gif

Mine too,, cheesy.gif

Mine hit me with her Black Bean Dildo so hard that I was unconscious for three hours.......giggle.gif

Australia has an ice cream called the GayTime (and the Golden Gay Time). Straight people can eat them as well.

Raspberry Rough in itself, sounds like someone having a Gay Old Time...just like the Flint Stones.

I wonder if "chocolate starfish stabber" translates into Thai.

I do not really understand why slang for Anal Sex should really be associated with gays. Many gays do not engage in Anal Sex, whilst many straight couples do. and what does it matter anyway.

Best of all was CNN with "breaking news" that the Islamic ISIS flag was being flown at the gay parade in London. A terrorist "expert", every other person these days, was called in to analyze why ISIS would get involved in a gay event. John Oliver pointed out the flag showed the outline of sex toys, not Arabic. So CNN.

Black beans are good for you. In fact they are one of the best foods on the plane. Nothing else delivers as much bang per gram as Mr. Black Bean. It's great for the colon. You really do need the black bean experience.

Did you know that we should as a minimum be consuming 3 cups of cooked legumes per week, or 1/2 cup serving six days per week? Black Beans deliver more fiber and more nutrients than lentils, and they are better tasting too. 15 grams of fiber per cup. So eat up and get as much black beans into you as you can!! (Hint, Prepare your own and you can reduce your sodium intake. Canned beans have way too much unnecessary sodium.)

I like black beans and had them in my salad today, along with lentils. A bit of garlic, dill, balsamic vinegar, onion powder and wham, bam you just pleasured your intestine. Avoid the ice cream. Unnecessary sugar, saturated fat, additives and chemical concoctions.

Black bean? Well I just learned something new, I'm sure the Thai execs from Walls must have known though. I'd like to think they didn't mean to cause offense but if the goal of the marketing was get the ad shared, it's certainly worked.

I learn something new every day in Thailand. I will mention black beans in Thai to my lovely wife and watch her face! giggle.gif

My wife just broke out laughing.clap2.gifcheesy.gif

Lucky you... she slapped me when I mentioned it..! giggle.gif

Black beans are good for you. In fact they are one of the best foods on the plane. Nothing else delivers as much bang per gram as Mr. Black Bean. It's great for the colon. You really do need the black bean experience.

Did you know that we should as a minimum be consuming 3 cups of cooked legumes per week, or 1/2 cup serving six days per week? Black Beans deliver more fiber and more nutrients than lentils, and they are better tasting too. 15 grams of fiber per cup. So eat up and get as much black beans into you as you can!! (Hint, Prepare your own and you can reduce your sodium intake. Canned beans have way too much unnecessary sodium.)

I like black beans and had them in my salad today, along with lentils. A bit of garlic, dill, balsamic vinegar, onion powder and wham, bam you just pleasured your intestine. Avoid the ice cream. Unnecessary sugar, saturated fat, additives and chemical concoctions.

Suppository salad...? you just pleasured your prostate...clap2.gif wham bam........

Archived