100 Year old wreckage found buried in the sand on a Koh Samui Beach

webfact

100 Year old wreckage found buried in the sand on a Koh Samui Beach

Ban-Tai-wreckage.jpg

KOH SAMUI: -- The online community has been buzzing recently with the discovery ancient wreckage buried on Ban Thai beach. Some guess that it’s a World War II warship; some say it’s a ship’s mast, and some think it’s a chimney of a ship’s boiler. However, everyone agrees on one thing, and that is they want the authorities to find out what the wreckage really is.

At 10:00 o’clock on June 26th, Samui Marine Department went to investigate the metal wreckage that was found in Ban Tai Beach, Samui. The circle section of wreckage protruding from the sand is 2 cm thick and has diameter of 200 cm. Based on its corrosion, the wreckage has been buried on the beach for a long time.

Mr. Witchu, 55-year old man who lives in the area said that the wreckage has been there for many years, even before he was born and that it used to be 3 meters high. He says that it’s likely to be a ship buried in the sand. There was once an attempt to dig it up, but the wreckage was extremely strong and heavy and the mission failed leaving the mystery unsolved.

The general consensus of opinion is that the wreckage is that of a ship that is about 100 years old. Many people have come to see the rusty remains of something mysterious poking out of the sand that could very well become the latest tourist attraction on the island.

samuitimes-logo.jpg
-- Samui Times 2015-06-30

I saw this many time but just know the history

Hardly news, its is uncovered for about 6 months of every year then covered again as the long-shore drift changes with the prevailing monsoon....I think its a boiler but whether its from a ship or a land based machine that became a victim of the quite serious coastal erosion on the North Shore I do not know. The fringing reef is about 2-300 m out at this point so unlikely to be from a ship as there would other wreckage around as any vessel would have to have been driven across the reef....

Since it is perfectly round, I'd say it rather might be a part of a warplane, a tank, anti-aircraft rig or something else warfare related. Don't think anyone there has the expertise to say how old those metal parts really are and I don't think that stuff is over 100 years old. Might even be some modern day construction cast leftovers, who knows... coffee1.gif

US missing Nukes since long time ago ? the middle part is the nuke core, with the detonator, just a few jumps on it needed...

It was the answer to the Russian "Big Tsar Bomb" but it went missing before detonation...

They just lost it...

coffee1.gif don't burn your hands...

I'm getting flashbacks --- remember the hidden Japanese railway carriage full of gold that was "discovered" in Kanchanaburi by some publicity-hungry senator? Turned out to be hoax, of course. I'm guessing this is a piece of flotsam washed ashore within the last ten years and that the stories of it being "ancient" are much exaggerated.

It's bloody dangerous that's what it is. They should excavate it and get rid of it.

Most of the time its buried under the sand but then suddenly its there again, pointy pieces of rusty metal standing upward just under or above the sand.vampire.gif

1zgarz5.gif

Funny: 'found', 'discovery', that thing has been there I don't know how long, for sure it was there when I first went on that beach more than 10 years ago, ...and has been (more or less) visible there ever since, but now it's stuff for 'news', well.

Archived