Police close down 'oral sex club' in Pattaya for ten days

webfact

Police Close Down 'Oral Sex Club' in Pattaya for Ten Days
By Khaosod English

Police question the staff at 808 Disco Club in Pattaya on 29 June 2015.

CHONBURI — Police have ordered a nightclub in the resort town of Pattaya to close down for ten days after a photo of a woman appearing to perform oral sex in the venue circulated on social media.

Calling the incident "shockingly" inappropriate and unlawful, police tracked down the club, named 808 Disco Club, on Pattaya’s Walking Street and interrogated the staff last night.

A security guard told police the photo was taken shortly before the club closed at around 3am on 29 June. He said the people in the photo, a Korean man and Thai woman, were both clients of the bar at the time, and were kicked out as soon as security staff noticed what they were doing.

Police said the club’s owners will not face legal action for the lewd act because their staff quickly expelled the couple. However, the club was ordered to shut down for ten days because police discovered that the management has not been keeping records of its employees, as is required by regulations.

Pol.Col. Sukthat Pumpanmuang, the superintendent of Pattaya Police Station, said officers are still working to track down the pair in the photo and charge them with public indecency, but added that there is no CCTV footage of the incident because the club's security camera was broken.

Chakorn Kanchanawatta, a government official in Pattaya, which is one of the world's top destinations for sex tourism, said incident has brought "great shame" to the popular beach town.

"I will summon all entertainment establishment [owners] to acknowledge our policies to prevent such a thing from happening again," he said.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1435645004

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-06-30

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hilarious! lol

I'd have a lot more respect for "Thailand" if it just cut the bullshit about the sex trade here ... pretending it doesn't exist or isn't happening is not a solution to anything ... it's kind of like all these "inactive posts" that people get moved to ... "we know it's wrong, you did something bad, but we're not going to really punish you for it cos we're all just as bad as you are and making a shitload of money at it too whilst pretending to everyone we're purer than the driven snow" ...

This sums it up:

"Pattaya, which is one of the world's top destinations for sex tourism"

These guys must be living with their heads in the clouds if they think this kind of thing is not a common occurrence in Pattaya. The place is known for what it is "Sin city" and they will never completely stop it as they know that it is one of the biggest earners of foreigners money that comes to Thailand for just what Pattaya offers. No prostitution in Thailand is what they say - yeah my backside, it's everywhere, even in small towns all over the LOS.

They only closed 1 oral sex club in Pattaya!!!! I can think of about 10 and in these places you wont get kicked out if anyone sees as the service has been paid for. Then there are all the ones I don't know about. The bars with swimming pools where you can get an underwater BJ though not to completion only because the girls can't hold their breath long enough.

The issue seems to be that public sex acts are disapproved of (as is the case everywhere) rather than sex per se so I cannot see why so many posters are up in arms to be honest and the headlines are not that accurate in the first news article or the second regarding a "sex club" or a bar girl working in such a one.

Well done BIB Pattaya, that's gonna stop any more BJ's going down for the next 10 days in sleaze town.

Now it's time to track down the criminals (being a farang - Korean) should be an added incentive.

Next rush to the scene (of where to arrest the dirty farang what besmirched the good reputation of Pattaya). Then arrest him.

Then it's gonna be pointing picture time. And nobody does them better than in Pattaya.

Booya boys, that's how they roll in the city that never sleeps - without paying for the partner.

Damn. I was just trying to discuss this event with the guy sitting next to at a bar on soi bj. For some reason he was having a "hard" time listening and kept banging his fist on the bar saying " yes! yes! yes!" Man, what's his issue.....tongue.png

Last night, around 23:00pm, about 15 police cars outside 808, cops everywhere .

At 1:30am club was still open.

So not sure when orders to close for 10 days were issued or if issued at all

Is that where they were all heading ? I was wondering as I was in the Simon Bar complex (across from Endorphine) when I saw a bunch of police motos, cars and trucks heading in the direction of soi 16. Thought maybe they were heading to Bali Hai or somewhere in that general direction.

I still get a chuckle now and then as I walk past Soi BJ (gee, I wonder how it got that name whistling.gif ). I heard there were a couple of places still operating around town but I thought they were up around Soi 6 or something.

Really funny, especially after the police investigate the impropriety, then head off for a night of fun at the local karaoke bar, with a trip the a 'curtain motel' prior to returning home to the misses. A fraction of the sex trade in Thailand is foreigners.

Damn. I was just trying to discuss this event with the guy sitting next to at a bar on soi bj. For some reason he was having a "hard" time listening and kept banging his fist on the bar saying " yes! yes! yes!" Man, what's his issue.....tongue.png

Ever play "Smiles" -- maybe that's just a Philippians Subic City sort of thing...Lol.

Well done BIB Pattaya, that's gonna stop any more BJ's going down for the next 10 days in sleaze town.

Now it's time to track down the criminals (being a farang - Korean) should be an added incentive.

Next rush to the scene (of where to arrest the dirty farang what besmirched the good reputation of Pattaya). Then arrest him.

Then it's gonna be pointing picture time. And nobody does them better than in Pattaya.

Booya boys, that's how they roll in the city that never sleeps - without paying for the partner.

Dont forget the poor victimised Thai girl in this, she needs cumpensation

a first again for Thailand a foreign man caught getting a <deleted> shocked and horrified at such a suggestion he was surely with a foreign girl not Thai as this would have been impossible as no self respecting Thai girl would consider such a thing, especially in Pattaya unless he was a handsome man

So what is the alternative then, push all these girls underground and into the arms of all the gun wielding trigger happy Thai mafia pimps that you see parading up and down the beach road. Welcome to Pattaya, please collect your body bag on the way in.

This is all about saving face and nothing more. This is part of Thai Culture You cannot change it You must go through this BS

and then life goes on.

It seems that in most cases it is in LIEU of severe legal penalties. And although I would prefer more stringent penalties I think the USA

has gone to the extreme. For example the Korean may have ended up on the Sex offenders list for this act if in the United States

I don't see how oral sex can ruin someones life forever but there needs to be some middle ground here.

After all we all do not all have a Monica Lewinsky moment in our lives and life goes on otherwise Bill would have had to

save face rather then getting it

What kind of world are we living in, where we can't go to a night club in Pattaya and get orally pleasures by a beautiful girl (I assume she's beautiful, heck at 3am after alcohol everyone is beautiful). Disgusting! How are these poor scantily dressed ladies suppose to make ends meet. The cops are taking away their livelihoods. Wait, don't the cops regulate these activities and take a cut from it. Stop! Thinking too much, must have beer and BJ.......

Archived