Best pizza in Aonang (krabi) ?

april81

Sadly Aonang doesn't have any outstanding pizza. I used to have Umberto's and I thought it was alright until I took a trip out of the country and had some Pizza which reminded me I have been in Thailand so long I'd forgotten what good pizza was. Haven't tried Azzurra.

I don't know about Ao Nang, however I lived in Chaing Mai for

A year, best American style in Thailand, so far was Duke's

On the river ...really great. In Pattaya, New York Pizza on

Third road is also excellent, Pastrami on Rye in Jomtien

Use to be very good on the old Beach Road location, now

The New Location near Tapasett is bad, don't know what

Happened.

Nowhere very good for pizza in Ao Nang

Go to Viva in Krabi town (one street back from the police station on the river).

Italian owned with genuine Italian food

I agree, Viva is good value, good food and good service. They also have decently priced carafes of wine to go with your meal. I have been there several times. On one of my earlier visits, I came with six other people, including my wife. All the meals were ordered separately and all were served at the same time! Even more astounding, although we did not ask for separate checks, the bills came individually for the three couples and the one woman loner--unusual, because the women sat together and the men did likewise.

The owner is Italian and the wide variety of Italian food is as good as I have tasted in Southern Thailand--I am a sucker for lasagna, four cheese and anchovy pizza, and a good antipasto; I may have had better, but not around here. The desserts aren't bad, but trying to get him to do canoli.

I was quite disappointed the last time I was in Krabi, the area in which Viva is located was jammed with traffic for some sort of street festival. When I finally got there, Viva was closed.

Little Italy close to the Beach but on the right hand side 100 meters going up the hill. Venetian trained and owned. The Owner has such confidence that he displays samples outside for Customers to sample.

Not as cheap as the Indian Chapatti pizzas found all around Ao Nang but in a class of its own. The Pasta likewise is superb.

Go to Viva in Krabi town (one street back from the police station on the river).

I agree, Viva is good value, good food and good service. They also have decently priced carafes of wine to go with your meal. I have been there several times. On one of my earlier visits, I came with six other people, including my wife. All the meals were ordered separately and all were served at the same time! Even more astounding, although we did not ask for separate checks, the bills came individually for the three couples and the one woman loner--unusual, because the women sat together and the men did likewise.

The owner is Italian and the wide variety of Italian food is as good as I have tasted in Southern Thailand--I am a sucker for lasagna, four cheese and anchovy pizza, and a good antipasto; I may have had better, but not around here. The desserts aren't bad, but trying to get him to do canoli.

I was quite disappointed the last time I was in Krabi, the area in which Viva is located was jammed with traffic for some sort of street festival. When I finally got there, Viva was closed.

. Canaloni what a superb idea...never seen it in Ao

. Canaloni what a superb idea...never seen it in Ao

No, Cannoli--sorry if the spelling fooled you. It's a dessert; a crispy pastry shell filled with riccota cheese, powdered sugar, whipping cream and chocolate chips--sinfully good.

Cannelloni would also be great and if the large round noodle cannot be found, it can be substituted by ravioli strips wrapped around the preferred stuffing and baked.

Archived