Koh Tao: Men accused of killing Brit backpackers plead with victims' families for justice

webfact

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Families have already seen the evidence and have already commented on that, saying the Police have a strong case against them. As in DNA and other Evidence. They also said they did not want anyone to be tried and unjustly convicted for this crime, but made no further comment about the accused held in custody.

Everything else is just Hearsay or Gossip, which is not submitted in any Court of Law. Village talk is just that. Village Talk! To be honest, if I had my ass in the same sling as these guys have, I would be begging for my life to, and asking for fairness, or for forgiveness from the Parents.

In a weeks time the evidence I hope will all come out, then we can decide for ourselves. Until such time, I will stick with the parents and think they are the guilty ones. .

The Families have already seen the evidence and have already commented on that, saying the Police have a strong case against them. As in DNA and other Evidence. They also said they did not want anyone to be tried and unjustly convicted for this crime, but made no further comment about the accused held in custody.

Everything else is just Hearsay or Gossip, which is not submitted in any Court of Law. Village talk is just that. Village Talk! To be honest, if I had my ass in the same sling as these guys have, I would be begging for my life to, and asking for fairness, or for forgiveness from the Parents.

In a weeks time the evidence I hope will all come out, then we can decide for ourselves. Until such time, I will stick with the parents and think they are the guilty ones. .

Just shows how narrow minded you are.

To me it all seems quite relaxed as if everyone on the inside knows what is going to happen.

The police have a case they say, but unless they know something they haven't released, then the case seems at best very insecure. The RTP have only themselves to blame.

Too many .statements', poor crime scene policy, un verified DNA. It all seems on the face if it that there was a panic to collect as much 'evidence' as possible to ensure the real perpetrators got away.

So, what will happen.

If they are found guilty then there will be many people that point the finger both here and overseas. Thailand does not want that.

If they are found innocent then Thai law 'enforcement' ( use that term lightly) is shamed, and the face they have already lost just gets worse, if that is possible.

So those two solutions appear untenable.

The only other outcome is that the charges are withdrawn or the court throws the case out on a technicality.

Boys are free, police don't lose face, everybody's happy.

Especially the scumbags that did it.

But the victims parents?

I don't suppose the Thai authorities give a whatsit about them as long as they can rid of all this.

It's a shame the old General is too busy arresting students who don't like him to have a look and clean up the corruption he promised....yes, promised, to sort out.

But let's not make a mistake here.

He did not instigate the coup. The powerbrokers did. He is just the face if it.

He can keep the power he craves as long as be doesn't rock the boat too much.

Is there any other reason why he hasn't started sorting those elements in the police and the army who are, shall we say, not quite clean? I say those meaning not all.

He can't, or there would be another change at the top.

That is one reason this has been allowed to drag on and on.

There are some 'untouchables' involved here, either on the island or further up the gravy train.

So I don't think guilty or not guilty is the likely outcome.

Two questions, if they are released, compensation?

And, will they go after the guilty ones?

If they are guilty then throw the book at them

If they are not, someone needs to stir up a s**t storm.

I have to say that in my own dealings with the police I have found them nothing but courteous and respectful. Maybe I have been lucky. We have a couple on the estate here. Often pop in for a chat to practise their English. The army people do tend to wallow in their own imagined self importance though.

But if there is a rogue element, go and get them.

Some people here think Thailand lives in a bubble and can do what it likes when it likes.

They may find out that is not the case. Too many people are watching.

It may be about to pop

As we have only been privy to parts of the prosecution's side, which has yet to be authenticated, and without hearing the defence's counter case, it is easy to reach a one-sided opinion that relies on the RTP being just.

of course its in the interest of the family , what sort of closure is it knowing two young boys lives are going to be ruined in addition to your loved ones.it should be in every ones interest that justice is done, I would love to see a new video similar to evil man of krabi , then watch the officials make their own

We abolished the death penalty in England a long ago and for very good reasons. If the English parents have any humanity, they will ask the Thai authorities not to kill these young men.

Totally Agree. We can all but hope.

I firmly believe and I have always believed that these Burmese boys were fitted up for the murder of the two backpackers simply because they were there and the police instead of doing a proper inquiry decided to charge these boys with murder . what happened to the two men who left the island apparently after the murder ,why didn't the police check up on these two, too much trouble? no they wanted scapegoats and these two boys fitted the description .

Oh?

Is it just because I don't believe every story I hear, like from the Old Woman in the market who sells me my Pig Feet?

Or is it because I don't listen to some Bleeding Heart, here like you, which would let 2 Rapist's and Murderers Free based on your dislike and corruption of the Thai Police Force, but on the other hand think that a 50 Year Jail term for a Young Brit selling 200 pills is not enough?

No! Quite the contrary! I think I am very open minded waiting for the evidence to come out in a Court of Law. I base my present feelings on guilt from the evidence I hear has been collected in this case so far. Until I am proven wrong, which can happen in a week or so, I rest my case.

I wonder if New Scotland Yard will testify at the trial.

For every innocent person convicted a guilty person goes free.

They washed their hands of the case after filing their secret report. They had a nice holiday in Thailand at the taxpayers' expense and were happy to be led around by the plonkers by their corrupt Thai counterparts and fed a complete crock. They couldn't give a sh*t if a couple of inconsequential Burmese go to the gallows for something they didn't do and the murderers remain free to rape and murder more British tourists in future. There is some evidence in the UK but, if it is ever disclosed at all, it will be done in a very vague and inconclusive way in coroners' verdicts after the trial of the 2B is finished and they may be already dead.

This is a far cry from the Welsh police who tried incessantly to get justice for Kirsty Jones. Standards at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office have also slipped palpably, as evidenced by the disgraceful publicity stunt they staged by manipulating the victims' families to benefit Thai police. Pathetic.

"Everything else is just Hearsay or Gossip, which is not submitted in any Court of Law." Wrong.

Hearsay is admissible in civil and criminal trials in the UK. Hearsay is admissible in US Federal Court.

Oh?

Is it just because I don't believe every story I hear, like from the Old Woman in the market who sells me my Pig Feet?

Or is it because I don't listen to some Bleeding Heart, here like you, which would let 2 Rapist's and Murderers Free based on your dislike and corruption of the Thai Police Force, but on the other hand think that a 50 Year Jail term for a Young Brit selling 200 pills is not enough?

No! Quite the contrary! I think I am very open minded waiting for the evidence to come out in a Court of Law. I base

my present feelings on guilt from the evidence I hear has been collected in this case so far. Until I am proven wrong, which can happen in a week or so, I rest my case.

Another troll on here. Wot evidence do u know that these 2 guys are quilty?

Just because the victims family are satisfied with the uk police report.

U need to engage ur brain before u write such drival on here.

I rest my case.

Oh?

No! Quite the contrary! I think I am very open minded waiting for the evidence to come out in a Court of Law. I base my present feelings on guilt from the evidence I hear has been collected in this case so far. Until I am proven wrong, which can happen in a week or so, I rest my case.

"evidence". Surely you jest. Meawhile, have you done your necessary homework on the Hearsay Rule?

Oh?

"the evidence". Do you know the first thing about how the LOS functions? Meanwhile, have you done your necessary homework on the Hearsay Rule?

Wasn't some evidence sent to the UK ? What ever happened with that ?

It implied that they were strong grounds indicating their guilt (of which I, in a minority of 2 or 3 other posters personally haven't doubted since day 1)!!

Who killed the GB tourists is a mystery.

The trial will either solve or add to the mystery.

Let's wait and see.

One question could and should've been asked by now:

"What will take for Koh Tao to lose the IDYLLIC title?"

Its NOT a mystery ... Lots of people on Death Island know who did it and RTP know who did it, namely the people that paid them off ... bah.gif

This case has tarnished Land of Scapegoats more than any Hooker in Pattaya can ever do crying.gif

Personally I will forever continue to call that disgusting place by its name : Death Island - and I hope the population at Death Island will feel peoples resentment for many years to come, they dont deserve anything else really ...sick.gifsick.gifsick.gif

All the gossip mongers have achieved is to turn a simple case into a circus

Is there one shred of concrete evidence that says these guys could be innocent?............ Even the John Wayne Gacy said it wasn't me...........most do

Seems to me the police have plenty to say they are guilty but according to the doubters they rigged the dna planted her phone put blood from the girl on the T shirt of one of the accused, planted a cigarette butt showed them where the hoe was in front of hundreds of witnesses none of who cried foul.

They did all that in front of hundreds of investigating police from Bangkok

I pray the families of the desists do not become accessories to the locking up or killing of the two innocent boys by being silent.

They must do a little do-diligence and find the truth before being quiet during this trial.

Enough wrong doing already!!!

Who killed the GB tourists is a mystery.

The trial will either solve or add to the mystery.

Let's wait and see.

One question could and should've been asked by now:

"What will take for Koh Tao to lose the IDYLLIC title?"

''Who killed the GB tourists is a mystery.''

That's the issue, it's NOT a mystery. Everyone on the island knows exactly what happened.

Please post here, everyone wants to know

Oh?

No! Quite the contrary! I think I am very open minded waiting for the evidence to come out in a Court of Law. I base

my present feelings on guilt from the evidence I hear has been collected in this case so far. Until I am proven wrong, which can happen in a week or so, I rest my case.

Another troll on here. Wot evidence do u know that these 2 guys are quilty?

Just because the victims family are satisfied with the uk police report.

U need to engage ur brain before u write such drival on here.

I rest my case.

I think you are breaking forum rules by calling the poster a troll. He is expressing his view.

Have you seen the evidence against the two accused? No, neither have any of us. But the British police officers who came over have, their superiors will have, and so have the families of the victims. Their comments count for a hell of a lot more than some non credited FB page writer, all the bar stool boys and all those who just "know" the accused must be innocent and the rich Thais guilty.

Against that, we had the usual RTP succession of conflicting press releases, officers in charge changing, unprofessional initial CSI, conflicting statements about DNA and evidence, and glossy PR opps with very senior officers. Usual RTP declaration of this is the "truth" following a complete buggers muddle riddled with accusations.

Then just for spice we had the saga of the drunken Scot peado, whose story also changed before he vanished into obscurity; the headman's son who was or wasn't at BU when the murders were committed depending on which account you believe; the video of someone apparently running to and from the scene who's never been identified; the footballers who sought of seemed involved then weren't; and the boat crews who might or might not be involved.

The chance of ever finding out the truth in the Land of Lies is remote.The chance of real justice and punishment for those responsible even more remote. Until the police and justice system are massively transformed that will be the same. All those involved see a serious crime as an opportunity for gain; nothing to do with ensuring justice is served.

Interesting to see the evidence presented. Even if it's substantial and damming many won't believe it. That's the problem with known constant liars - know one knows when they are telling the truth or not.

Men accused of killing Brit backpackers plead with victims' families for justice

I thought the men accused of killing Brit backpackers plead with their higher ups to have the chief police investigator transferred, and then he was the next the day.

coffee1.gif

If these two innocent men are convicted then there is no justice here in Thailand. It will mean that the real scum sucking murdering rapist runt who's low class criminal family that pay the police will never be convicted.

My Thai wife says that there are lots of people on death island who know exactly what really happened but are too scared to speak up. Hopefully there will be at least one suicidal person who will be at the trial to tell the truth.

I am sick of hearing stories of everyday people getting away with murder because they can pay the police off.

I know a Thai/Chinese man here who killed someone while driving drunk and paid the police and one of his staff to do the jail time on his behalf. This kind of thing stinks. One day things will change and then people like this will be made to face their past with devastating consequences.

Unfortunately,

What you have claimed is very true, have seen it happen many times, in Thailand over the years. I guess I could only say it is about saving face now, isn't it? But that is the Thai way/Thai-Chinese way, saving face, even if it is wrong... Personally, I have never understood it, but it has been going on for a long-long time... Thank you for your post! clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Can we please stop referring to the two accused as boys? They aren't thirteen years old. They are men.

Many people seem to think that all Myanmar people are peaceful good law abiding Buddhists.

Nothing further from the truth.

Could these two be guilty? I don't know but please stop using " Burmese" and "Boys" as some sort of qualification for their innocence.

There are some very, very nasty Burmese around...with very conservative views of western women who could easily rape and kill those whom they assumed to be acting in an immoral way.

Don't forget Myanmar is a neighbouring country of Bangladesh where "loose" women are treated in a less than friendly manner.

The Sunday Times on the 28th June published an article that carried a little more info than the Mirror.............

"The defence theory is that the hoe was used to hide gunshot wounds and the bodies were arranged to disguise what had actually occurred. A photo taken of Witheridge as she lay dead on the beach that has been obtained by The Sunday Times appears to show shrapnel wounds to her face."

"Torture made us admit killing British pair"

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/news/uk_news/Crime/article1574330.ece

You can view full article here as the Times is a subscription service https://www.facebook.com/youy5958941/posts/847712735321029

If these two innocent men are convicted then there is no justice here in Thailand. It will mean that the real scum sucking murdering rapist runt who's low class criminal family that pay the police will never be convicted.

My Thai wife says that there are lots of people on death island who know exactly what really happened but are too scared to speak up. Hopefully there will be at least one suicidal person who will be at the trial to tell the truth.

I am sick of hearing stories of everyday people getting away with murder because they can pay the police off.

I know a Thai/Chinese man here who killed someone while driving drunk and paid the police and one of his staff to do the jail time on his behalf. This kind of thing stinks. One day things will change and then people like this will be made to face their past with devastating consequences.

Americans won't understand this but we abolished the death penalty for 2 very good reasons.

1. It was not a deterrent

2. Many peopke were proved innocent after they had been hanged

Please don't toss all of us Americans into the same refuse pile. There are many who are adamantly opposed to the death penalty, and the tide is turning. Yeah, there are a lot of brain-dead bible-thumpers out there, but they don't truly represent us.

I can't even get local police to make a report about a kid threatening me with a gun until I threaten to report them for corruption. Even my wife's family says that our local police are lazy and useless. These are considered to be decent police in Thailand. Yeah, there is a lot of hearsay, but that doesn't mean it isn't true. We all know how useless the police are, and how corrupt the gov't is. Those poor boys don't stand a chance.

These two boys are headed towards the rocks of disaster and all decent folk feel a deep concern for them .... and how to avert that no one seems to know.

The murder of those two young decent holidaymakers was done in a manner of extreme hate and violence ...... Where would or how would those two Burmese boys develop motivation like that?

However if someone had an argument with the young lady and Face was felt to be lost ..... no more smiles just hate.

Just saying!

Archived