Koh Tao: Men accused of killing Brit backpackers plead with victims' families for justice

webfact

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they are innocent why are they asking the deceased families for justice? How do those families provide justice? facepalm.gif Or are they asking for forgiveness?

With the trial fast approaching it could be a defence ploy to raise the profile once again in the media. Enough air-time to ensure the case is reaches a wider audience and the spotlight remains fully focused on seeing a 'fair' trial take place. Although I doubt that we'll ever see justice.

These two boys are headed towards the rocks of disaster and all decent folk feel a deep concern for them .... and how to avert that no one seems to know.

The murder of those two young decent holidaymakers was done in a manner of extreme hate and violence ...... Where would or how would those two Burmese boys develop motivation like that?

However if someone had an argument with the young lady and Face was felt to be lost ..... no more smiles just hate.

Just saying!

No idea what the character of these two Myanmar men are like. They could be totally innocent pattsies or psychos for all I know. Haven't met them - have you?

We had a nice young sweet maid from that country. Her mum worked locally, for many years and was very nice. The maid thieved from us, was caught, forgiven and given a second chance, with support. Thieved again and caught again. Her mum and family were really shamed and sent her back to Myanmar. Since then, we found she thieved some things of special value. If I showed you a picture of her playing with my disabled son you would think she was lovely.

Appearances can be very deceptive. Just saying!

But the dear great leader have congratulated the police in doing such a good job in this case and we all know he never makes a mistake.

Now on a serious note there is no chance that they will ever get a fair trail, what will happen is the same as in the case of the couple that harvested mushrooms in the forest. This couple went into a national park forest and harvest mushrooms to eat. They were caught and sentence to 15 years in jail. There was a massive out cry but everyone stuck to their guns, because to make a u turn would mean losing face. The other day I read in a foreign written article that they have been released after 18 months in jail.

So these guys will be found guilty and get 20 years jail time and because they are Burmese they will serve 5 years and then would be released without any media coverage in Thailand. They will be deported and that will be the end of the story. If they were Thai they could have gotten off lighter, like the 17 year old girl that killed 9 people with her vehicle, she was sentenced to 3 years suspended sentence (which she appealed but lost).

Sorry to rain on your parade but there is no release if your dead...the boys are fighting for there lives with the death sentence waiting if they loose the trial.

I seem to remember that the defence team had not been granted access to evidence, I wonder if that's still the same today? Private DNA testing on the evidence ia all that's needed as the case relies solely on this.

I seem to remember that the defence team had not been granted access to evidence, I wonder if that's still the same today? Private DNA testing on the evidence ia all that's needed as the case relies solely on this.

And that's probably why they haven't been given access (although I understand the prosecution doesn't have to disclose this evidence until the trial starts.) Which will be too late to contest it. All the cards are in the prosecutor's hand - that's why they could say it's a match even if it wasn't.

The Families have already seen the evidence and have already commented on that, saying the Police have a strong case against them. As in DNA and other Evidence. They also said they did not want anyone to be tried and unjustly convicted for this crime, but made no further comment about the accused held in custody.

Everything else is just Hearsay or Gossip, which is not submitted in any Court of Law. Village talk is just that. Village Talk! To be honest, if I had my ass in the same sling as these guys have, I would be begging for my life to, and asking for fairness, or for forgiveness from the Parents.

In a weeks time the evidence I hope will all come out, then we can decide for ourselves. Until such time, I will stick with the parents and think they are the guilty ones. .

I can't even get local police to make a report about a kid threatening me with a gun until I threaten to report them for corruption. Even my wife's family says that our local police are lazy and useless. These are considered to be decent police in Thailand. Yeah, there is a lot of hearsay, but that doesn't mean it isn't true. We all know how useless the police are, and how corrupt the gov't is. Those poor boys don't stand a chance.

Those two kids are as innocent as they come. They were framed. This case stinks. The authorities know who the killer is, know he has done this before, and know he will probably do it again. He is untouchable. His family is above the law. The big man has little interest in upsetting the status quo. They put him there.

The Families have already seen the evidence and have already commented on that, saying the Police have a strong case against them. As in DNA and other Evidence. They also said they did not want anyone to be tried and unjustly convicted for this crime, but made no further comment about the accused held in custody.

Everything else is just Hearsay or Gossip, which is not submitted in any Court of Law. Village talk is just that. Village Talk! To be honest, if I had my ass in the same sling as these guys have, I would be begging for my life to, and asking for fairness, or for forgiveness from the Parents.

In a weeks time the evidence I hope will all come out, then we can decide for ourselves. Until such time, I will stick with the parents and think they are the guilty ones. .

I can't even get local police to make a report about a kid threatening me with a gun until I threaten to report them for corruption. Even my wife's family says that our local police are lazy and useless. These are considered to be decent police in Thailand. Yeah, there is a lot of hearsay, but that doesn't mean it isn't true. We all know how useless the police are, and how corrupt the gov't is. Those poor boys don't stand a chance.

Those two kids are as innocent as they come. They were framed. This case stinks. The authorities know who the killer is, know he has done this before, and know he will probably do it again. He is untouchable. His family is above the law. The big man has little interest in upsetting the status quo. They put him there.

What makes you certain there was only one murderer? Would you care to name who 'he' is?

the numbers of foreigners in this country being killed in crimes and accidents is insane. And what The Thais do not know or do not care to know is each one of these murders are broadcast world wide. No matter how hard they try and advertise their country as a holiday destination. Its a futile effort. The Thais are killing their selves really is what they are doing. In a big way. They seem to be their own worst enemy.........

If these two innocent men are convicted then there is no justice here in Thailand. It will mean that the real scum sucking murdering rapist runt who's low class criminal family that pay the police will never be convicted.

My Thai wife says that there are lots of people on death island who know exactly what really happened but are too scared to speak up. Hopefully there will be at least one suicidal person who will be at the trial to tell the truth.

I am sick of hearing stories of everyday people getting away with murder because they can pay the police off.

I know a Thai/Chinese man here who killed someone while driving drunk and paid the police and one of his staff to do the jail time on his behalf. This kind of thing stinks. One day things will change and then people like this will be made to face their past with devastating consequences.

Americans won't understand this but we abolished the death penalty for 2 very good reasons.

1. It was not a deterrent

2. Many peopke were proved innocent after they had been hanged

Why the <deleted> would Americans not be able to understand that?

The new police chief and acting PM couldn't afford the scrutiny and embarrassment if the truth was made public.

Of course the loss of face would be off the scale.

Which is why the panel of judges (there isn't going to be a jury to decide their fate) is going to find them guilty no matter evidence there is or isn't.

Nothing, absolutely nothing that anyone does, is going to result in a not guilty verdict.

Done.

and dusted.

:(

If they are innocent why are they asking the deceased families for justice? How do those families provide justice? facepalm.gif Or are they asking for forgiveness?

I highly doubt they have asked for anything its just hype for the press. The victims families could act as joint plaintiffs in the case but I highly doubt their main priority of the victims family is clearing the names of two men they have never met who they have been told are guilty. I actually think publishing such pleas is disrespectful to the families struggling to come to terms with their loss in the worse possible way and now facing a confusing court battle in a foreign country and in a foreign language, I just hope this does not turn into a media frenzy as public pressure does little to solve problems here look what happened in Bali! As for the B2 they told me personally that had they have ever met H and D and had they have had a motive and had they been strong enough and had they been dumb enough to create that kind of mess on a beach owned by a powerful person they would 100% have run as fast as they could back to Burma the next day never to be seen again! Instead they got up, carried on as normal and went back to work the next day! its is hard to imagine them having the psychological stamina to carry on as normal had they have committed such a diabolical crime, or being dumb enough to stick around to face either the police and ultimately a death sentence or the wrath of locals who have just had their islands reputation dragged through the mud!

Just shows how narrow minded you are.

Oh?

Is it just because I don't believe every story I hear, like from the Old Woman in the market who sells me my Pig Feet?

Or is it because I don't listen to some Bleeding Heart, here like you, which would let 2 Rapist's and Murderers Free based on your dislike and corruption of the Thai Police Force, but on the other hand think that a 50 Year Jail term for a Young Brit selling 200 pills is not enough?

No! Quite the contrary! I think I am very open minded waiting for the evidence to come out in a Court of Law. I base

my present feelings on guilt from the evidence I hear has been collected in this case so far. Until I am proven wrong, which can happen in a week or so, I rest my case.

Another troll on here. Wot evidence do u know that these 2 guys are quilty?

Just because the victims family are satisfied with the uk police report.

U need to engage ur brain before u write such drival on here.

I rest my case.

Troll?

Ha!Ha!Ha!

I just Love it when guys like you call everyone a Troll only because they don't agree with you.

They evidence they have is well know, so lets put the show on the other foot.

What "Evidence" do you have to show their innocents?

Just shows how narrow minded you are.

Oh?

Is it just because I don't believe every story I hear, like from the Old Woman in the market who sells me my Pig Feet?

Or is it because I don't listen to some Bleeding Heart, here like you, which would let 2 Rapist's and Murderers Free based on your dislike and corruption of the Thai Police Force, but on the other hand think that a 50 Year Jail term for a Young Brit selling 200 pills is not enough?

No! Quite the contrary! I think I am very open minded waiting for the evidence to come out in a Court of Law. I base my present feelings on guilt from the evidence I hear has been collected in this case so far. Until I am proven wrong, which can happen in a week or so, I rest my case.

"the evidence". Do you know the first thing about how the LOS functions? Meanwhile, have you done your necessary homework on the Hearsay Rule?

Why do you all keep asking if I know what the Hearsay Rule is? You should ask yourself that. But for those who don't know, here it is.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Hearsay+evidence

It clearly states in the first line and paragraph that "Hearsay" as evidence is not admissible, which is what I said. But there are a few and limited exceptions to this rule. If a person who was sworn under oath and testifies in an earlier trial, and is required to do so again, but is now dead, then they can use this Hearsay, as it is now 3rd Party Information.

Have you noticed that when I want to back my statement I provide a credible Link to prove it? While all you guys ever do is Bla!Bla!Bla!

If you are so sure they are innocent then you must have evidence to prove this. So Link it here for all to see, instead of attacking someone who differs from you with your Troll Accusing and just Bla!Bla! Bla!

of course its in the interest of the family , what sort of closure is it knowing two young boys lives are going to be ruined in addition to your loved ones.it should be in every ones interest that justice is done, I would love to see a new video similar to evil man of krabi , then watch the officials make their own

We abolished the death penalty in England a long ago and for very good reasons. If the English parents have any humanity, they will ask the Thai authorities not to kill these young men.

They would be better waiting until they're found guilty first - let's not jump to any (foregone?) conclusions!

I think the two Burmese patsies have no chance. If I remember correctly word on the streets in Koh Tao was that 112m THB were paid to make all this go away by the island mafia family of the real murderers. The investigation was a shameful travesty, but the most disgusting part of all was when the parents of David and Hannah openly stated that they were "happy with the investigation and its outcome". They must be either braindead, blind and deaf or were threatened to keep their mouths shut, I don't know, but to me that was the most horrifying part of the whole sharade. May the true culprits, their families and all RTP officers involved in the cover up and the lowlife scum pancake vendor mainly responsible for what happened in the "safe house" rot in hell!

Amen.

I pray the families of the desists do not become accessories to the locking up or killing of the two innocent boys by being silent.

They must do a little do-diligence and find the truth before being quiet during this trial.

Enough wrong doing already!!!

How many times does one have to repeat oneself for people to get the message? So please pay attention.

The Parents have already said that they have seen the evidence and that the Thai Police and Prosecutor have a strong case against the accused. What would you have them do now. Beg the Police to let these murders of their Children off for humanitarian reasons.

How humane where they to Victoria, when they murdered her male friend, who was trying to protect her, in front of her eyes? Then afterwards they violently raped her in her vagina and then in her anus? If this was not enough, they decide to entertain themselves but sticking a club or the end of a Garden Hoe inside of Victoria's Private Parts. (The Condom with her DNA on the outside and nothing on the inside). Then when they were finally bored with tormenting her, they bashed heard beautiful head in so badly that her own Parents could hardly recognize her.

So I ask you now. How Humane where they to her to deserve such royal treatment and sympathy from us now? That you, a decent person, should feel sorry for them now, when all evidence points to there guilt? When nobody here has provided one shed of evidence to prove they are innocent.

If they are innocent they will go free. If they are guilty they will either face Lethal Injection, or Life in Prison. Either one will keep them off the streets so they cannot do this again.

Who killed the GB tourists is a mystery.

The trial will either solve or add to the mystery.

Let's wait and see.

One question could and should've been asked by now:

"What will take for Koh Tao to lose the IDYLLIC title?"

''Who killed the GB tourists is a mystery.''

That's the issue, it's NOT a mystery. Everyone on the island knows exactly what happened.

Like all posters on here, I have my opinion as to who is responsible for these 2 horrific murders. However, that is all that it is, just an opinion, and everybody is entitled to that.

Regardless of whether you think the B2 were responsible or not, I wish posters would refrain from saying things like "we all know who was responsible", or "everybody knows that the headman's son was involved" or as above, "Everyone on the island knows exactly what happened".

The point is that the only people who KNOW what happened are the 2 victims themselves, the perpetrators of the crime, and POSSIBLY some witnesses who are scared to testify, or have been bought off.

To say that everybody KNOWS, i.e. everybody on the island, the RTP, the prosecution, the defence, the posters on here, the worldwide media, Uncle Tom Cobley and all, is quite frankly ridiculous - if everybody KNEW, then there would be no point in having a "trial"!

(P.S. OK, some posters/cynics will say "precisely" to my closing comment!)

"Everything else is just Hearsay or Gossip, which is not submitted in any Court of Law." Wrong.

Hearsay is admissible in civil and criminal trials in the UK. Hearsay is admissible in US Federal Court.

Only admissible in UK and USA courts within a defined set of circumstances. There is not a total acceptance.

However, this case will be tried under Thai Law, which may be different.

(not saying the UK/USA cirmstances are not met in this case)

Bla!Bla!Bla!Bla!Bla!

I am still waiting for people like you to provide some Link that proves there innocents, or at least some evidence that even suggests this. Other then people like you constantly rambling on and on about how innocent they are, backed by nothing more then just your personal feelings.

They are certainly not kids, and they are not boys. To me they are murders both over the age of 21 years old, who should know better. If they are as innocent as you say then this should be easy for you to prove but providing a credible link. So I am sit back and wait to see some.

Who says I am not open minded, because if you show me proof I will change my mind. Cheap talk I can find anywhere. But please don't take too long as the trial starts in a week.

All the gossip mongers have achieved is to turn a simple case into a circus

Is there one shred of concrete evidence that says these guys could be innocent?............ Even the John Wayne Gacy said it wasn't me...........most do

Seems to me the police have plenty to say they are guilty but according to the doubters they rigged the dna planted her phone put blood from the girl on the T shirt of one of the accused, planted a cigarette butt showed them where the hoe was in front of hundreds of witnesses none of who cried foul.

They did all that in front of hundreds of investigating police from Bangkok

"investigating police from Bangkok". Your naiveté regarding how Thai Police function is cosmic.

<deleted>

because I must conform to limits on free speech because I may offend Thailand from Thousands of miles away...

and we wouldn't want Thailand or anybody important associated with it to get its feelings hurt now would we? dats not vewy nice sad.png

Excuse me while I go practice and recite the 12 core values

Go watch John Oliver talk about Thailand, any country that thinks Hitler's likeness makes a good logo for a chicken company clearly need to get their act together...

the numbers of foreigners in this country being killed in crimes and accidents is insane. And what The Thais do not know or do not care to know is each one of these murders are broadcast world wide. No matter how hard they try and advertise their country as a holiday destination. Its a futile effort. The Thais are killing their selves really is what they are doing. In a big way. They seem to be their own worst enemy.........

And this is why they only expect 28 Million Tourist this year.

Get Real!

Who killed the GB tourists is a mystery.

The trial will either solve or add to the mystery.

Let's wait and see.

One question could and should've been asked by now:

"What will take for Koh Tao to lose the IDYLLIC title?"

''Who killed the GB tourists is a mystery.''

That's the issue, it's NOT a mystery. Everyone on the island knows exactly what happened.

Please post here, everyone wants to know

The LOS currently lacks freedom of speech so asking a TV poster for the evidence to be placed here would put that person in peril. I live in an especially remote village that couldn't be further away from those islands -- but the temple monks here, knowing how to speak Thai btw helps a lot, do you?, are well informed as to what happened.

Where have all these do gooders gone, screaming and helping with financial aid.....

If you had children that were accused of murder wouldn't you want to see all the evidence against them and question all areas of doubt especially in a country that has been know to use scapegoats before or would you prefer to hang em first and complain later.

Most people wan't an honest investigation others want to hide something.

Archived