What was your scariest moment in Thailand?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the moment i found out i was going to be a father.

it didn't work out with the mother but i have an amazing daughter who will be 9 this year.

funny how the things that terrify us most can turn out to be the things we most appreciate.

Nearly getting wiped out by a truck on the 36 between Pattaya an Rayong, missed me by inches

What did I do ?

changed my under pants laugh.png

I hate that road. I've been up

And down it hundreds of times. Every time there is a close(ish) to scare the shit out me at least once

Nearly getting wiped out by a truck on the 36 between Pattaya an Rayong, missed me by inches

What did I do ?

And down it hundreds of times. Every time there is a close(ish) to scare the shit out me at least once

Its bad enough during the day dodging trucks driving at 130km/hr and the pot holes, once the sun goes down, it takes it too a whole new level... laugh.png

Death race 2000....Pattaya/Rayong Edition

Being pushed sideways into an open alley, two more guys waiting, Machete across my throat, held against the wall whilst they emptied my pockets etc. What did I do ? absolutely nothing !! didnt move a muscle, well actually my anal muscles were working overtime.

After they had what they wanted they ran off, I got in the next Taxi and went back to the Hotel and thanked my lucky stars I wasnt dead in that alley. Never again have walked alone and late at night in Bangkok.

(incident in 2006)

Being pushed sideways into an open alley, two more guys waiting, Machete across my throat, held against the wall whilst they emptied my pockets etc. What did I do ? absolutely nothing !! didnt move a muscle, well actually my anal muscles were working overtime.

After they had what they wanted they ran off, I got in the next Taxi and went back to the Hotel and thanked my lucky stars I wasnt dead in that alley. Never again have walked alone and late at night in Bangkok.

(incident in 2006)

Having to apologize for that. Sorry man.

What did I do ?

Its bad enough during the day dodging trucks driving at 130km/hr and the pot holes, once the sun goes down, it takes it too a whole new level... laugh.png

Death race 2000....Pattaya/Rayong Edition

I try and avoid at night. Drove to Pattaya from my house on the bike a few times. I don't need to say any more

I was sitting on the roof to fix a loose tile and started to slowly slide towards the drop. Although very slow there was no way I could stop the slide.

Finally gave in and started shouting to wifey to throw me a rope from an overlooking window.

She must still love me as she kept hold of one end so I could pull myself back in.

Asking the person I was in bed in with in Pattaya why they kept a picture of their brother on the bedside table.

She said "Don't be silly, that's me before the operation"

What did I do?

Moved 'up-country' and have been there ever since....................sad.png

tongue.png

My girlfriend at the time we got not an argument.She pushed me I pushed her back not the kitchen sink.She came around with A butcher knife.I started talking real nice to her.She calmed down.I wasted no time and went back to the base.At the time I was an airman in the airforce.Will never forget it.

Private question, so all I'm gonna say is:

It involved a mix of 3 lines of cocaine, half a gram of meth, 4 police officers, 2 black guys, a violent bar brawl, a knife stabbing me in the ribcage, 2 prostitutes, a midget, a lawyer, and a 10 wheeler truck. All in one night.200_s.gif

(incident in 2006)

Did you wear a TVF shirt indicating you are a MOD...just kidding

Being the next vehicle in line behind a multi car pile up and watching it all unfold in front of me, a pickup truck ended up in a lake, two flipped over and bloodied bodies flying through the air where ever I looked, frightening.

But this thread has made me think, apart from the above I really haven't had any frightening experiences in my eleven years here, whereas my life in the West previously is littered with events, some of which were super scary, odd really.

Driving on a three-laner between Bangkok and Saraburi and an artic in the slow lane suddenly swerved across all three lanes right in front of me in the overtaking lane. Guess the driver must have fallen asleep or something. Forget mirror signal manouvre. With me it was horn brake and shit my pants. I still shudder when I think about it.

Driving on a three-laner between Bangkok and Saraburi and an artic in the slow lane suddenly swerved across all three lanes right in front of me in the overtaking lane. Guess the driver must have fallen asleep or something. Forget mirror signal manouvre. With me it was horn brake and shit my pants. I still shudder when I think about it.

I'd still be shuddering too if I'd gone for the useless horn before my brakes.

Archived