Cupid Executive Club

Lambastard

What/where is the Cupid Executive Club??

While on the (assumed) topic, I just have to laugh when driving along Moon Muang on a Saturday night and seeing this huge pile of girls sitting outside some place close to the old Blue Moon.. :o It's really like a mountain of mini skirts. Would love to take a picture of that but my camera isn't that good in the dark. :-(

Note: No need to be scared of going to any place in Chiang Mai. Worst that can happen is that it's just not your cup of tea and you kind of sit there with everyone wondering what you're doing there including yourself.

Cheers,

Chanchao

You want to be a bit careful. A lot of these Karaokes are clip joints. This is especially true of the empty ones with lots of girls sitting outside. A few of these joints in Chiang Mai Land are owned by Japanese "businessmen" and are money laundering fronts.

You'd probably have no problem if you stick to the places that seem to be popular, as rip offs are usually empty.

That mountain of mini's is called Ai-e; and it's not-half bad depending on what you're looking for and how long you can pretend you actually like Karaoke.

The CEC is off Huay Keaw; but I have no idea what's inside.

Perhaps, I'll spock it out...

I found out the hard way that the manager of Ai-e is friends with my girlfirend. Woops. Incidently, the girls there insisted that they don't go for short time or long time. Does anyone have an experience that would contradict this? Maybe I'm just not good looking enough.

> Woops. Incidently, the girls there insisted that they don't go for

> short time or long time. Does anyone have an experience that

> would contradict this? Maybe I'm just not good looking enough.

Maybe they also know that the manager is friends with your girlfriend. :o And maybe they're aware that they're rather vulnerable to sniper attacks from across the moat, working at that place. :D

Seriously, don't most karaoke/hostess places operate that way? Like basically the staff being just hostesses? And anything physical that does occur is more in the longer term mia-noi hemisphere than a quick transactual liaison?

Same like the restaurant-singalong places like Erawan, New Chang Phuak and the President Hotel and all? Have been there with Thai friends on occaision, but never quite figured out what the attraction really was. (Nothing wrong with the food though at all these places.. and you get to watch girls in outrageous boots and short skirts attempt to strangle Thai pop & country songs.. Then you get to talk to them while having the privilege to actually pay *them* to drink *your* own beer or liquor.. Great business concept, that. :D

Cheers,

Chanchao

Anyway, can't go tonight.

Some of the bars that relocated from the Night Bazar to that boxing ring area at the corner of Loi Kroh and Kamphaeng Din near the Mae Ping hotel are having their 'opening'/relocation party. The tom toms have it that there's even free drinks between certain hours, and food of course. :-)

[insert one more Trinkism here]

Cheers,

Chanchao

• 3 weeks later...

ELITE CARDS: Firm plans 5 golf courses

Published on Apr 20, 2004

Thailand Privilege Card to spend Bt2.5 billion in effort to boost poor sales

Thailand Privilege Card Co, which issues the Elite Card, will invest about Bt2.5 billion to build five golf courses on state-owned land in Chiang Mai, Hua Hin, Phuket, Ranong and Bangkok to enlarge its package for members.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lucky Chiang Mai :o

i
That mountain of mini's is called Ai-e; and it's not-half bad depending on what you're looking for and how long you can pretend you actually like Karaoke.

I found out the hard way that the manager of Ai-e is friends with my girlfirend. Woops. Incidently, the girls there insisted that they don't go for short time or long time. Does anyone have an experience that would contradict this? Maybe I'm just not good looking enough.

Although I am ugly as sin, I have an amazing ability to get reluctant prostitutes to let me have sex with them :D , although I do have to hand over the cash.

I spent half an hour trying to get any of those girls near Ai-e to give me a fast, expensive short-time. They were quite sweet, but no go. :o

Maybe, if one spent some time culivating them, but that is not my style. :D

You want to be a bit careful. A lot of these Karaokes are clip joints. This is especially true of the empty ones with lots of girls sitting outside. A few of these joints in Chiang Mai Land are owned by Japanese "businessmen" and are money laundering fronts.

You'd probably have no problem if you stick to the places that seem to be popular, as rip offs are usually empty.

Amen. A tourist friend and I went to one of these places it worked something like this, they get 200 B (or so) per hour for a girl to sit with you and drink, my friend bought a bottle of 100 Pipers, the bill there came to about 1800 B (by my calculations should have been about 850 B total for girl company and booze. They said the girls can't be bar fined. Next we moved over to the Karaoke section for one hour, no booze purchased this time, (bottle moved with us) and the bill was another 1600B for about 1 hour more (that bill should have been about 500-600B).

I want to point out I did my duty at the beginning of the adventure by saying it was a rip-off and was only persuaded by the magic words "my treat". A funny thing, I remember was all those beautiful girls sitting out front and they tried to select the girls for us, and they sure weren't top of the line. A truly bizarro world. By the way clientele is 99% Thai I was told.

My friend liked his girl, saw her outside the club, and went back two more times before he left Thailand. :o

While on the (assumed) topic, I just have to laugh when driving along Moon Muang on a Saturday night and seeing this huge pile of girls sitting outside some place close to the old Blue Moon.. :o

Having not been in town for a few years, and new to this forum, has the Blue Moon closed its doors?

Happy Trails

Johpa

Johpa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good to see you here too!!! ;-)

I don't think Blue Moon has closed. There's actually some kind of bar in the street-front part of it that I think wasn't used before. But I haven't been to Blue Moon in ages.

Cheers,

Chanchao

i

Although I am ugly as sin, I have an amazing ability to get reluctant prostitutes to let me have sex with them :D , although I do have to hand over the cash.

I spent half an hour trying to get any of those girls near Ai-e to give me a fast, expensive short-time. They were quite sweet, but no go. :D

Maybe, if one spent some time culivating them, but that is not my style. :D

More the wam, bam thank you ma'am sort of a guy eh Georgie ? :o

Johpa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good to see you here too!!! ;-)

I don't think Blue Moon has closed. There's actually some kind of bar in the street-front part of it that I think wasn't used before. But I haven't been to Blue Moon in ages.

Cheers,

Chanchao

Glad to hear such a historical establishment as the Blue Moon has not closed its doors. I am still mourning the loss of the Hennesy Club.

I decided to join here after reading some of the discusions regarding the Matthews arrest and deportation. Alas, the thread had been ended by whoever the powers are in this forum before I arrived.

And it looks like these forums could use another old hand curmudgeon to keep people honest. Besides, I'll be back up in the hills this summer for a visit and hope to get some visitors to come by and alleviate my village fever symptoms. Those who look down upon us Mae Khong drinkers need not apply.

Happy Trails

Johpa