Mae Sa Elephant Camp Open As Usual

Johpa

Contrary to some stories out there, the Mae Sa Elephant camp is open for business as usual with no plans to the contrary. Having had my own elephants housed at that camp and at other elephant camps over the years, I can attest that this pang chang takes very good care of the elephants on its premisis and that the owner is truely concerned about the care and welfare of elephants in Thailand.

What were those stories?

Anyway it's good to know which elephant camps are legit. I definitely hear some horror stories about certain camps. Then other people go way overboard and claim that Elephant Nature Park is the ONLY place that takes care of elephants well. Other places that are legit in my current understanding are Chiang Dao and of course the Lampang Elephant hospital.

What were those stories?

Anyway it's good to know which elephant camps are legit. I definitely hear some horror stories about certain camps. Then other people go way overboard and claim that Elephant Nature Park is the ONLY place that takes care of elephants well. Other places that are legit in my current understanding are Chiang Dao and of course the Lampang Elephant hospital.

I was told that a very, very disgruntled employee at the Mae Sa Elephant Camp, who has moved on to work for a competing concern, was posting false information online.