New Immigration Office

Tywais

QUOTE "for those without cars how tro get there?

Äm i dumb? Where is there?? What is the new location? Promenade i vaguely remember having read somewhere.

Answered in post #13. Now link added to Google Maps of the location in the OP.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's probably too early to expect this, but will there be a vendor close by to do photocopies and photographs ? It would, I assume, be quite expensive for someone to set up such a small shop within the Mall

It's probably too early to expect this, but will there be a vendor close by to do photocopies and photographs. It would ? I assume, be quite expensive for someone to set up such a small shop within the Mall

If folk had all their photocopies sorted before arriving at immigration, things might flow a little quicker. How many times do you see people being sent out back to get the right copies, & while they're at it, nothing happens!

Indeed, it's not as if there's any surprise requirements for copies of documents any more, that's been done to death, if in doubt copy everything twice beforehand and bring it with you as backup, if not needed, discard later.

PS: copies are available at under 1 baht in many locations in CM.

Indeed, it's not as if there's any surprise requirements for copies of documents any more, that's been done to death, if in doubt copy everything twice beforehand and bring it with you as backup, if not needed, discard later.

I still pay 50 satang

Shocking to you perhaps, but many of us live in rural areas, (not CM) and will need to make other arrangements if no shop is close by . I for example, can do photocopies at home, but will perhaps need to seek out a convenient photo shop enroute, which is a 2 hour drive.

It's probably too early to expect this, but will there be a vendor close by to do photocopies and photographs. It would ? I assume, be quite expensive for someone to set up such a small shop within the Mall

If folk had all their photocopies sorted before arriving at immigration, things might flow a little quicker. How many times do you see people being sent out back to get the right copies, & while they're at it, nothing happens!

I never copy in advance, going to the copy shed eats a little of the waiting time while waiting for my number to be called and why should i make a stop at a print shop when I can do it there? I can afford 2baht copies. I will expect them to have that sorted before I arrive.rolleyes.gif Personally I think it was stupid to move so far from the city center when most of the business is tourist visa extensions and most tourists stay in the tourist zone... they probably could have gotten the top floor of KSK for a better price but hey it is RTP so....

Shocking to you perhaps, but many of us live in rural areas, (not CM) and will need to make other arrangements if no shop is close by . I for example, can do photocopies at home, but will perhaps need to seek out a convenient photo shop enroute, which is a 2 hour drive.

I live in a very rural area in CM Province. Look around, there will be local outlets for the tings you need.

I live in a very rural area in CM Province. Look around, there will be local outlets for the tings you need.

Me too

I do not think the question of mailing address for 90 day report was answered,or did I miss it? Mine is due on the 21st of july and would hate to mail it to the old office and be late.Any knowlege about new street address.

My advice to you and others in similar situations is to go in person to complete your 90 day report on this one occasion until everything is established.

A few days after Immigration has opened in the Promenada, I intend to make a visit and survey the situation so at least I will know exactly where to go and what`s what when I visit for my visa extensions and 90 day reports.

Hopefully the 90 days online report system will be fully operational in the future that will take another load off Immigration and save us some visits.

For the moment there are still too many uncertainties that will not be clear until the new premises is in operation.

I did my 90-day address reporting just 2-days ago, along with getting a re-entry permit. I specifically asked three different Immigration police if the internet online 90-day reporting is working. Two of the three responded by saying 'yes' it is working. So, it appears that if in fact it is working, then there are those at the CM that are not aware of it. They also told me that it's Bangkok that is responsible for that online reporting process.

Äm i dumb? Where is there?? What is the new location? Promenade i vaguely remember having read somewhere.

Lots of Expats live far from the city and don't know all the malls.

The location was not one I would have found easily on a hectic day of making it there early to extend my visa, and to help others visualize the location - here is a Ground Floor diagram extracted from http://www.skyscrape...t=926368&page=7

post-68308-0-21706900-1432186029_thumb.j

For those unfamiliar with where the Promenade Mall is located, The mall website links to

Google Maps (English) at https://www.google.com/maps/place/Promenada+Resort+Mall+Chiang+Mai/@18.7674224,99.0582611,15z?hl=en

It's probably too early to expect this, but will there be a vendor close by to do photocopies and photographs ? It would, I assume, be quite expensive for someone to set up such a small shop within the Mall

There is a Immigration Office Located across the highway ( #1317 ) where one currently goes for residential certificates and foreign workers get their work permits, believe I have seen a photo copy operation there.

Within the mall there are a lot of idle/vacant spots, setting up a copy operation would take only a short time and not a lot of expense.

Just been down to the Prom..(regular hangout out for coffee and wi fi) and had a chat with some of the shops who confirm that Immigration indeed in tend to open on the said Ground Floor... on Monday 20th July.

Easiest way to get there (from old Immigration/Central Plaza) is head out Straight on the Mae On Road...1317 and its on your left hand side between inner and middle "ling" Rd.

Hundreds of both covered and open parking spaces and since not a lot of locals visit during the week parking should not be a problem.

Lots of Coffee shops/ Rimping Super-M and Chai Ching store for Computers/TV while you wait. ....enjoy...chop...and sanuk...

Since I hold an Non immi "o" multi visa.....never need to go....however it should be a great Improvement...jao...

Well done Chiang Mai immigration, good news indeed.

Good News? What's good about a limited hours (open 11am) Immigration at the Prom? 85% of expats needing services live within 3 km of the Old City,...not the LONG ride to the Promenada. In 2 years I've only been there twice,...transportation there is a headache (and costly) from Nimman neighborhood.

Dumb, dumb. dumb,...accept those getting a bonus for creating this inconvenient hardship.

Good News? What's good about a limited hours (open 11am) Immigration at the Prom? 85% of expats needing services live within 3 km of the Old City,...not the LONG ride to the Promenada. In 2 years I've only been there twice,...transportation there is a headache (and costly) from Nimman neighborhood.

Dumb, dumb. dumb,...accept those getting a bonus for creating this inconvenient hardship.

The shops open t 11, immigration at 8!!!

How do you know 85% of expats live near the old city?

This is the best move immigration has made!

In 2 years I've only been to immigration twice. Visit promenada once a week thumbsup.gif

FYI:

CM IMMI services 3 (three!) provinces. Chiangmai, Lamphun and Lampang.

Do you have a map?

FYI:

CM IMMI services 3 (three!) provinces. Chiangmai, Lamphun and Lampang.

Do you have a map?

His world starts and ends On Nimmanhaemin. He doesn't realize that Nimmanhaemin is just a very small part of Chiang Mai. The Promenada will be quite convenient for many that found the airport inconvenient. For myself makes no difference. At least parking will not be a problem and there is lots of room.

Good point.thumbsup.gif It doesn't sit well with the cheap Charles to pay as much as they have to pay there.

If they do set it up I would like to see them inform the people doing the copying as to what is needed for each operation.

That way you could take your passport and picture if they don't have a photo and just hand it to the operator and say permission to stay one more year and they would automatically know what to copy.

Or 90 day. I have a hard time with paper work but my wife is a whiz. If she wasn't I would gladly pay what ever it would cost.

As for pictures yes that would be nice. Myself I had extras made up that last me a couple of years so they are never a problem for me.

I'm looking forward to the new surroundings.

As am I the Promenada is a nice looking mall. Not all that busy but I hear it is picking up a little.smile.png

The one thing I would worry about is if they get the back up of clients they do now would they have a system for people not in the office to see when their number came up I am banking on them to have more help when they get move or shortly after. If not they gain nothing. Just we the clients have a nicer area to hang around in. Their work load will be the same.sad.png

When's it open for service, that is, on which days and at what time. This 'mall' is not officially open until 11am M-F. So, at what time will immigration services be available?

Promenada answered that on their FB page. 8:00AM - 4:00PM

Talking to one of the restaurant owners there today and they are thinking of putting in a breakfast. I would imagine they know what is happening. They are not a new fly by night business.thumbsup.gif

it could be nice really all tourist go promenada and retirement lot of space there lol

hope the people dont need to go there 5 am same i do last year

i imagine for online meeting stil at the aiport ?

My g/f just mentioned something interesting. Promenada mall was having problems attracting shoppers and now out of the blue the immigration services decided to move their operation out there in the middle of no where (Yes it benefits about 10% of foreigners that use the service and the location is another reason it is having customer traffic problems well they are solved now) they will provide a captive audience of shoppers, browsers and of course spenders. It is also a gold mine for the red truck taxi's who will really sock it to us (their take or leave it attitude) and it will take up more of my precious retirement time (I ain't getting any younger) I should be more patient but alas getting older makes me more cranky. I guess I just expect to much from people who make the laws. Oh well I guess I have opened myself up as a target for all the TV do gooders so have at it. Like a duck it rolls off of my back to.

Lots of Expats live far from the city and don't know all the malls.

The location was not one I would have found easily on a hectic day of making it there early to extend my visa, and to help others visualize the location - here is a Ground Floor diagram extracted from http://www.skyscrape...t=926368&page=7

post-68308-0-21706900-1432186029_thumb.j

For those unfamiliar with where the Promenade Mall is located, The mall website links to

Google Maps (English) at https://www.google.com/maps/place/Promenada+Resort+Mall+Chiang+Mai/@18.7674224,99.0582611,15z?hl=en

Thanks for the link. Looks like the their new office will be about the size of a Bata Shoe Store. As far as not knocking it until I see it - sorry, I've lived in the LOS too long not to be skeptical.

"But your so pessimistic."

OK. If the new immigration has plenty of seating for all it's customers, a modern and efficient queuing system, and plenty of room to complete paperwork, and receives a majority of kudos and accolades from Chiang Mai resident expats and travelers regarding how wonderful the new immigration service is, well, next 4th of July I'll put on a grass skirt and dance the hulu in front of their office at noon.

You're mistaken/confused about the opening hours, just as you are about 85% of expats living within 3kms of the old city. Just because you live in Hillside doesn't mean that all other expats do also, CM is slightly bigger than that!

Just calculated that MY travel distance for 90-days reports will increase by 0.8km - easy tradeoff for better facilities - should the online reporting bust.

Out of interest, which "expats needing services" are you talking about, and how is it hardship to be in the corner of two ring roads and a highway, compared to the ever congested airport area, especially if you're going from Nimman area, considering huay kaew & suthep traffic? Mind boggles for the claims you made so bad that I'll just skip along for now x)

I do not think the question of mailing address for 90 day report was answered,or did I miss it? Mine is due on the 21st of july and would hate to mail it to the old office and be late.Any knowlege about new street address.

You can mail in your 90 day report up to 15 days early....so if you mailed it next week the old address should be just fine. thumbsup.gif

Thanks Appletons,Now why did'nt I think of that...mumble, grumble,sniff.sad.png

Archived